This is the End of Everything

I will Never See Through This Nightmare

As the night grew, Carol and I still sat in our spot, talking about old times, the times we had that were good. I tried to keep her mind from wondering off to Sophia, she needed some time to "forget" about the current situation. Dale had come in once again to check on my back, the cut still looked the same. It didn't seem to be getting any worse, or infected. I stretched feeling the need to fall asleep, but I didn't want to leave Carol alone. Carol noticed the tired look in my eyes. She smiled and stood up, I watched her as she came over to give me a hug.

"Thanks for being there, but you seem tired, you should get some rest." Carol said standing up.

"I don't want to leave you alone though" I said fighting the urge to yawn.

"Don't worry, I'm going to go see Dale" Carol said with a smile.

I nodded and moved over to the bed, I laid down and stared at the ceiling. I sighed thinking of everything that has gone on. My back felt as if it was bruised. The feeling I had that I needed to get my hands on some sort of drugs, was becoming less and less. I felt better knowing that the urge was slowly leaving. I knew that my out bursts seemed to be happening when I was only mad at one person in general. I could feel my eyes getting heavy. I wasn't sure when Daryl and Andrea would be back, but I figured it would be better if I tried to get some sleep. I felt myself slowly drifting off to sleep.

I woke up to the sun shining in my face, Daryl was laying next to me still asleep. I gave him a kiss and stretched. Which was a bad idea because I felt the cut on my back rip open.

"Fuck!" I said in a loud whisper.

"What'd ya do?" I heard Daryl ask, sleep still in his voice.

"I stretched and my cut ripped open" I said trying not to move too much.

"Let me see" Daryl said, lifting my shirt up. "Oh it's not that bad" Daryl said putting my shirt back down.

"Well it felt horrible when it ripped though" I said looking at Daryl.

"Don't be a baby. Let's go and see if everyone is ready to leave for the farm yet" Daryl said standing up and offering me a hand.

We walked out of the RV, Carol was putting together supplies for Sophia, as well as writing on one of the cars. I gave Carol a hug and a reassuring smile. She nodded and walked away to the RV. We looked around one last time and made sure we had everything we needed. I stood next to the RV, I had the strongest urge to throw up. I shook it off and grabbed a bottle of water. Carol gave me an odd look. I shook my head and took a drink.

"Felt like I had to throw up. I think I need to eat something" I said leaning on the RV.

"We'll get you something as soon as we get to Rick and Lori" Carol said giving a smile

I nodded and stretched one more time. Daryl walked back over and grabbed my hand. I assumed we were ready to go. Andrea, Dale, and Carol were getting into the RV. Daryl sat on Merle's bike and motioned for me to follow. I sat behind him and waited. Daryl was going to lead the way, I still felt like throwing up. I just hope that my body won't take forever to get back to being normal. We arrived at a beautiful farm. We all got out and met Rick on the porch. We settled in, and Shane informed us that there was going to be funeral held for Otis, he didn't make it back last night. We all nodded and walked around. We weren't sure what to do so we just stayed back. Everyone soon came out in order to hold the funeral service even though we didn't know Otis, he was apparently the one who helped to save Carl. Another girl, Maggie went inside to bring us a map so we could mark the spots we had already gone. Maggie had wanted to go to the pharmacy to get medical supplies, she invited Glenn to come along. Glenn glanced over at me and asked if I had wanted to go with to. I looked over to Maggie to see if she was ok with it.

"I have a few other things I need to get as well, if you don't mind me coming along" I said unsure of how she would answer.

"Oh it's fine, we could use the extra hands" Maggie said with a short smile.

I smiled and walked to find Daryl. He was getting ready to go out looking for Sophia again. I hugged him from behind, I felt his body go stiff, and then relax when he realized who was hugging him. He turned around and gave me a smile.

"I'm going to go on a run with Glenn and Maggie, so I'll be back, don't get lost or anything" I said smiling at him.

"You of all people should know I'd never get lost. That's just crazy talk" Daryl said smiling back at me.

"Just makin sure, I gotta make sure I keep an eye on ya!" I said giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"I should be keepin the eye on ya, not the other way around" Daryl said putting his arrows into his crossbow.

"Yeah yeah yeah, whatever you say babycakes" I said patting his head. Daryl turned and lifted up one eyebrow.

"Babycakes?" He asked looking at me.

"Hey, it's better then bitchcakes. And I could call you that too, or you can just stick with babycakes. Or if you want I could think of something extremely dumb and embarrassing to call you" I said shrugging.

"Whatever, ya just wait til I get back" Daryl said pulling me in for a kiss. I felt his hands roaming my body.

Daryl pulled away and smiled. I gave him a glare and got ready to leave. I knew he was just doing it to be a jerk. I felt my stomach growl, and the feeling of needing to puke came back. Daryl looked over at me with a questioning look.

"Someone hungry?" Daryl asked looking over at me.

"Yeah, I haven't been feeling too awesome today." I said rubbing my stomach.

"Yeah? well go get somethin ta eat before ya leave. I gotta get goin to look for Sophia, I'll be back soon" Daryl said giving me a kiss and a short hug.

I waved goodbye to Daryl as he walked away. I found Glenn and Maggie, both were ready to go. Maggie suggested we take the horses. I wasn't going to complain, we wouldn't waste gas, and maybe riding on the horse would take my mind off of things. I felt a hand on my arm it was Lori.

"Hey, I need to ask you a question" Lori said.

"Yeah sure" I said looking at her oddly.

"I need you to get me a pregnancy test." Lori said just barely above a whisper.

"You sure you need it?" I asked un sure of what to do.

"Look, I just started throwing up and I know it's not from being sick" she said looking at me seriously.

I nodded, speaking of throwing up, my stomach is going to kill me soon. I looked around and made sure that no one else was around.

"Need anything else besides said test?" I asked.

"No, that's all, I'll let you know if I need anything else after that" Lori said looking around again.

"Alright, we'll be back soon. Keep an eye on Carol for me will ya?" I said, I noticed from hanging out with Daryl I'm starting to pick up how he talks.

"I will, be careful out there." She said.

I nodded and walked over to the horse. Maggie and Glenn were already on the horses. I got up and started walking with them. Maggie started to make a little small talk on the way. Her and Glenn kept stealing glances at each other. Maggie had looked over to me, I could tell she was debating on asking me something.

"So are you and that guy Daryl, together or something?" she asked.

"Or something. Not really anyone else needs to know about" I said, the way the horses walked made me feel calm.

"They are totally together" Glenn said with a smile.

"Shut up Glenn, we don't tell Daryl anything about everyone else knowing." I said looking over at him.

"Well it's pretty obvious!" Glenn said.

"Shut it bitchcakes" I said smiling over at him.

"Yeah, well at least he has someone besides Merle to be with." Glenn said looking ahead.

Oh how it still bugged me to know Merle was fine, but Daryl could never know about it. I looked ahead and got lost in my thoughts. I noticed we were just about at the town. We got off the horses and tied them up so they wouldn't run away. I stretched and felt my stomach growl once more. Oh I forgot to eat. We began to walk towards the town. Finally the urge to throw up came again, this time I couldn't hold it in. I ran to the side of the road and threw up. I stood up and felt a little better. I had only water in my stomach to throw up. Glenn came over to me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you ok?" Glenn asked.

"Yeah, I just forgot to eat, and my stomach has been bugging me all day" I said taking a moment to make sure that was all I needed to get out.

"Ok, we will try to find something to eat for you while we're here." Glenn said rubbing my back a little.

I nodded and motioned for us to keep moving on. we got into the pharmacy, I grabbed what Lori needed, I decided to grab a few more just in case she needed more reassurance if she was pregnant. Glenn looked over to see what I was grabbing. He gave me a look of shock when I grabbed it. I realized how it probably looked. I started to shake my head.

"No dude, Lori needed one, but I figured I'd grab her a few more just in case. Don't tell anyone about this" I said putting them into my pocket.

"I can't keep secrets!" Glenn said looking at me.

"Whatever, just don't tell anyone or I will seriously beat you, I'm going to go search around for other stuff, I'll meet you back here in 20 minutes" I said walking off.

I walked outside and roamed around, careful not to make any noises. I saw a grocery store and walked into it. The shelves were cleared, I looked towards the back and saw the stock room. I walked over to it and looked around. I found some canned goods, lucky they had some of those reusable bags. I grabbed one and threw some of the food in there. I looked around for a few other things. I found some more alcohol and grabbed a couple of bottles. I knew Daryl would be excited for it. I didn't see much else. I found a can of fruit, I grabbed a can opener and opened it. I ate a few pieces. The urge to throw up came back. I shook my head and tried to hold it in. I ended up throwing up all over the back room. I sat down and looked down. I leaned my head back and waited a few more minutes before getting up. Maybe I was just getting some sort of stomach flu. I stood up and stretched. I felt light headed, I shook my head. Or maybe it was just the after effects of not having any coke. I rubbed my face and got ready to walk back to the pharmacy. I made sure I had everything, I walked over the the pharmacy, I didn't see Glenn and Maggie. I spotted a clothing store across the street, it would be nice to have something "new" I walked in and found a couple of things, I saw Glenn and Maggie standing outside of the pharmacy, looking a little awkward.

"Ready to go?" I asked looking at both of them.

'Uh what? Yeah let's go" Glenn said, I smiled at him.

"I know what you two did!" I said laughing while we walked away.

"You can't tell anyone!" Maggie said trying to look serious.

"Yeah yeah yeah. I'll take it to my grave" I said getting on the horse.

"Did you find any food?" Glenn asked changing the subject.

"Some canned food, I ate a little bit while I was waiting" I said motioning the horse to go forward.

"Good." Glenn said following.

We got back to the farm and I walked over to Lori. I handed her the bag and nodded. She looked scared, I knew she didn't want to take it.

"I can go with you for some support if ya want" I said looking over at her.

"You sure? Daryl just got back, I'm sure you'd want to go see him for a bit" Lori said looking at me hopeful I was actually telling the truth.

"I'm sure, it's gettin dark, let's go on a short walk. Besides it will be less obvious if we're both gone, and no one will question where we are at" I said shrugging.

As the night grew darker, Lori and I talked about a few things. Lori and I found a spot far in the field. Lori looked at the test, she knew I grabbed a few more just in case. Lori sighed not wanting to do it.

"Katie, do one so I know that it won't be a false positive" Lori said.

"Yeah ok, it'll be fine" I said grabbing one.

I did what the instructions said and showed Lori that it was fine. Lori nodded and did the same thing. Lori's face fell after she stared at the test for what seemed like hours. Lori's eyes began to water and she began to cry. I gave her a hug and handed her my test. She looked at it, then looked at me. She gave me a hug back and began to cry even more.

"This is our secret for now" Lori said looking me in the eye.

I nodded and stood up. I really needed a cigarette. I lit one up and Lori looked at me. I just looked away and kept walking. I found Daryl and sat next to him and leaned my head on his shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to get out! I had finals for school, and then this last week was just all having fun since I'm only out of school for one more week until the summer semester starts. Lost of work to be done!

Comment, rate, do whatever it is you guys do! I'm going to try to have the next part out tonight as well.