Status: Finished

Can You Chase Away the Darkness ?

Chapter Three

Carson’s POV

I woke up late in the morning, rushing to shower and get ready on time. I wouldn’t be late for school, but I didn’t want to be late to meet the new boy. I wore a navy slouchy sweater, and black leggings, with black vans adorning my feet. My hair was curly and natural, and black winged eyeliner and mascara completed my look. I tried extra hard to look good today since it was the first day of school. And maybe I admit that the new neighbor had something to do with it…

My parents were already gone as usual, so I just rushed out the door by myself. I slowed down when I caught sight of him waiting for me, and tried to play it cool. I fixed my curls a bit with my hands, then approached him with a smile. “I never got your name yesterday, I’m sorry.” I told him, almost desperately curious to know his name. “Uh, y-yeah, my names Vic, sorry about that. What’s yours ?” “Well, Vic, I’m Carson, Carson Grey.” I said, sounding perky even at this time of the morning. Truthfully, I’d already rehearsed what I was going to say so that I didn’t sound stupid. “It’s a pleasure Ms. Grey,” He said, bowing jokingly. I giggled, and he lead the way to school.

It was about a fifteen minute walk, so we arrived at school about ten minutes early. Vic showed me my locker, then walked me to my class. His class was two classrooms away, so he promised to meet me after the hour ended. My face lit up with that promise, maybe this day would be bearable after all.

As promised, Vic was standing outside my classroom door when class let out. We had compared schedules on the walk to school, we had third hour and lunch together. I noticed the nods he received from various people as we passed, noting that he had a large amount of friends. He dropped me off at my art class and rushed off in the other direction. I worried he would be late, but I figured he knew how to get around school fast. I made actual friends in this class, the girl who sat next to me, Sandra, and the boy on the other side of me, Jack. Jack had dark hair with a blonde streak in it, and Sandra had black hair with a pink streak. Jack was really funny, and I liked him a lot. He kept mentioning a boy named Alex, and I honestly couldn’t tell if it was his boyfriend or his best friend. At the end of the hour, he helped me find my next class, which he was conveniently in as well. I looked out for Vic, and just as I spotted him, Jack yelled “Hey Vic !” And waved a hand. I watched with an open mouth as they walked toward one another. The whole time in art class, Jack had never mentioned that he knew Vic, and I had mentioned him once or twice. There was three to a lab table, so I sat in-between the guys. “I see you’ve met Jack ?” Vic said, motioning toward him. I nodded, “Yeah, I didn’t know you guys were friends. He wouldn’t stop talking about Alex, or someone.” Vic laughed and nodded, “Yeah, there’s a whole group of us, and they’re both part of it. They’re extremely close, you’ll see at lunch.” Jack shrugged beside me, and then the teacher walked in, silencing us all.

My elbows brushed Vic’s arm more than once, and each time my body tingled. I tried flirting with him, but I don’t know how well it worked- it’s hard to flirt over chemistry. Haha, Vic and I have chemistry together.

I know I’m lame just laugh at the joke.

After third hour was lunch, and Vic and Jack lead me over to the longest table in the cafeteria. As lunch wore on, I saw why it was so big- there were over ten others in the group beside Vic, Jack, and I. In the lunch line, I finally met Alex, and I almost dropped my food tray. He was very good looking, with blonde streaked hair that he wore in a longer, messy fashion, and thick eyebrows. His eyes were a golden brown, and he had an incredible smile. I saw the way him and Jack hung all over each other, and I understood everyone’s confusion now. They definitely acted like a couple, but anyone could see they were best friends. I turned around and slipped on some type of liquid on the ground, sliding about a foot in front of the small group we were in. I dropped my tray, and my food bounced away. Vic caught my elbow before I hit the ground, heaving me back up. My face was bright red, and I wanted to turn and run, but my new self wouldn’t let me do that. It happens, I assured myself. Don’t freak out, don’t freak out, don’t freak out, I chanted in my mind. The guys picked my stuff up and threw it away for me, giving me pitying smiles. I sat between Vic and Alex this time, my head propped on my elbows. I surveyed the table, noticing that the entire group consisted of attractive guys. Vic introduced me to all of them, one of them being his brother Mike.

Lunch was very interesting, and Vic was sweet enough to share his lunch with me. His friends were sweet and funny, and I legitimately liked them. I hoped they would let me into their exclusive group, I think it would be really cool to be a part of such a big clan of strong friendships. I recognized a few of them from my classes, and I had my next few classes with some of them. I walked to fourth hour with Austin, Tony, and Rian. Austin was really sweet and he seemed kind of hovering and protective. I sat next to him and Tony, Rian sitting in front of Tony. This class was history, my least favorite subject, but they made my class time a lot more enjoyable. Fifth hour held the surprise of Kellin and Mike, and I sat near them then too. My junior year was going better than I expected….

Of course I walked home with Vic again, this time accompanied by Tony, Jaime, and Mike as well. We laughed and joked, and when it came time to leave, I really didn’t want to. “Are you doing any today ?” Vic asked me casually. “Nope, my parents are working so I’ll just be sitting at home alone…” I replied equally as casually. My stomach squirmed, was he going to ask me to hang out. “We have band practice, but you can come if you want…and you know, watch. A couple of the other guys will be there.” I couldn’t hide my smile, “Sure, what time ?” This time Jaime replied “Around five-thirty. See you there !” he gave me a thumbs up, and scampered away, running after Tony and Mike. Vic still stood on the sidewalk outside my house with me. “See you later I guess then ?” He said awkwardly. I nodded and gave a half-smile, heading inside. I closed the door behind me, dancing excitedly. I let out a whoop, heading upstairs to finish my homework and get ready.

"We sometimes encounter people, even perfect strangers, who begin to interest us at first sight, somehow suddenly, all at once, before a word has been spoken."
♠ ♠ ♠
Just so you guys know, everyone at lunch is all of the members of Sleeping with Sirens, Of Mice and Men, and the rest of All Time Low :)

This chapter is dedicated to HeavenAboveYou cause they are awesome XD