Waiting Inside

Twelve

I stared at the Myth house. For weeks people have been going on and off the property. It was so strange that everyone on the street stared out their windows and off their front porches. It was something not a single person in the town of Mythport would do. It was dangerous to touch any part of that property. People turn up missing. Especially young girls.

An unfamiliar Honda SUV rolled into the driveway. Quickly I went up the stairs to get a better view. The basement's window barely gave me any view. I shut the door behind me so my mother wouldn't accidentally roll down the stairs. I took many precautions like that.

"Sweetie what's wrong?" my mother asked. Her voice was raspy in response on how tired she was. I brushed last her and planted my face in another window. My mother repeated her words.

I sighted when I realized the trees blocked most of the view. "There is a car parked in front of the house of Myth. I'm trying to stalk, momma," I lowered my voice so it wouldn't hurt her ears.

When my mother smiled her thin lips curled up exposing yellowish teeth. It made me want to cry on how sickly she looked these days. To keep the smile on her face I walked over and wheeled her chair to the window. I got my nosiness from someone. I stared down at the handles of the wheel chair. Wheeling her around was the only thing that genuinely made her happy.

"Curtis, dear, can you make me cheese soup for lunch? I miss the taste of cheese."

I nod my head. After I bent down to kiss her head I started to prepare the food in the kitchen.

Image


It wasn't too long when I saw a moving truck pull into the property. As my luck had it the truck was in full view of my house. A man stepped out, there was nothing really special about him. Almost thirty minutes went by and a tall blonde woman came forward. She was quite stunning, even from afar. As my mother napped I found my father's old bird watching binoculars. I had nothing better to do. So I watched the new neighbors.

The blonde woman was very fair, she had large blue eyes and her hair was set in long curls. A blonde man always seemed to surround her, never letting her carry a box. I assumed it was her father as they closely resembled. Before long I saw the same man bring forward another girl. Her head barely came past his chest. The girl's hair was an auburn color, more red than brown, and was cropped very short. It stuck out wildly but manageable at the same time. I zoomed in more and I could clearly see her eyes were a gorgeous seafoam green. She had to be at least fourteen at the most, she was so small. The other blonde woman looked much older, around my age. I tried to look at her more but my eyes kept going to the younger one. There was something about her I just immediately was drawn to. Maybe it was the way she seemed to dance when she walked or how she seemed so childlike wearing the oversized shirt.

I did not dare look at the house. Every person who has ever stared at that house long enough seemed to go mad. Which is why no one ever cut down the trees. I put the binoculars down and sat staring out the window. Erik, the man who lived with me, would be coming home from the library any minute. He always went to the public library to study on Fridays, it was his thing. It was nice to have alone time once in a while. In between my mom's illness and Erik's constant talking it was hard to find time for myself.

Like clockwork Erik quietly entered the house. I stared up and smiled towards him. His black hair was stuck to his face with sweat so he pushed it back and smiled.

"What are you watching?" Erik asked, his Latin accent peeked out through the words. He was fluent in Spanish and French but he never spoke either around me out of courtesy. His mother was from French decent and traveled to Mexico for a trip with some fellow classmates. That's where she met Erik's father. He processed his mother's sharp nose and hazel eyes and his father's dark complexion and hair. He's been living with me since junior year in highschool.

Snapping out of the thoughts I handed him the binoculars. Erik grinned and leaned in. "You checking out that it blonde?" I shook my head.

"The dark haired one," I whispered.

Erik stared down at me. His eyes were wide and he arched an eyebrow. "You diggin' the twelve year old?"

I stared at him. I could feel my eyebrow twitch. She didn't look that young to me at all. "She is not twelve, twelve year olds don't develope that-"

"Well?" Erik finished. I glared this time. "All cause she has big boobies don't mean she ain't twelve. Don't be a pedo bear. You are out of luck anyway. I call dibs on the rockin' blonde."

"Don't talk like that. I think she is older. We will find out Monday at work," I snapped back. We both have jobs at the highschool. If she goes to the highschool she's at least fourteen. I hoped she was older than that because I had watched her for the passed hour. It would had been creepy.

Erik put the binocular down and swung his bag over his shoulder. "You are old enough to drink now, Curtis. Don't waste your time fantasizing on twelve year olds. That's nasty," he snapped his fingers and walked away.

"SHE IS NOT TWELVE!" I tried to keep my voice down. Erik threw his head back and laughed. I rolled the chair back to the window and stared without the binoculars.

The house was interesting. I would admit that. It was the main reason why I wanted to study the paranormal when I graduated a few years ago. When we were younger the other kids in the neighborhoods would dare one another to ding-dong-ditch Old Man Myth. Every so often a kid would get caught and when he came out of that house he was never the same. Everyone stopped entering the property when Old Man Myth was found dead in his home. Even the paramedics didn't want to go inside.

I hope this family has a much better experience.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to change it up a bit. I'll have a few chapters be in his point of view. If you notice anything wrong let me know.