In a Lawless Love

Chapter 1

Charlotte Moore sat in front of a vanity mirror. Eyes lined in thick black pencil, lips bright red against white skin. Her dark hair rolled and pinned beautifully, a diamond comb holding a long white veil secure at the top of her head. At 17 years old she was a beautiful bride.

“You are beautiful,” said a young woman. She was dressed in a short red dress, her own hair curled and pinned. She was an appointed bridesmaid. Charlotte couldn’t remember her name. She simply stared into the mirror. Her reflection was that of a woman she didn’t recognize. She stared unbelieving into the glass. Beautiful was most defiantly a word for the woman looking out of the mirror. But not for the girl looking in.

Charlotte Moore was a pretty girl. She always had been. She was the oldest daughter of James and Elaine, the oldest of five children. She’d been happy living on her father’s small farm. James Moore was a poor man, who’d lived his life working hard for very little. The only think he had was the farm, his wife, and five children. He owned two cows for milk and several chickens for meat and eggs. Even during the hardest struggles James never asked for help. He always managed to pull through on his own, his farm was always well and there was always food in all five girl’s bellies. Until his taxes threatened to take his farm. That’s where Matthew Hayes came into Charlotte’s life.

Matt was without a doubt the most powerful man in town. He was one of the most powerful men in the country. He’d taken an interest in Charlotte when he saw her the first time walking through one of the cities failing malls. He owned nearly all of the malls for miles around. She’d been there for the first time in desperate need of shoes. She’d slipped on a pair of black leather shoes and she’d walked out with her cheeks flaring red.

When James Moore had come to Matt for a loan, Matt had taken opportunity by the horns. James was desperate, and Matt had power over everything. He’d made a business of giving loans that could not be repaid. So this time he gave his loan in exchange for Charlotte. James kept his farm and Charlotte lost her freedom.

As she stared into the mirror she could see her father waving goodbye, her mother with tears streaming down her face with her hand kerchief pressed firmly against her mouth. Charlotte would never forgive her father for that. She would forever hate him.

Tears started to roll down her cheeks. “No! No! Your make up Charlotte, your beautiful make up!” cried her appointed bridesmaid. But the words only made the tears come faster. Her life as Charlotte Moore was slipping away every second of every minute.

She’d lived in Matt’s home for two months already. She’d been allowed her own bedroom and bathroom, and she’d been provided a new wardrobe. But in only a few minutes she’d have to promise to forever share a bed with him. She would belong to him forever.

Marriage in her world was rarely for love, especially marriage into a powerful family. In her world power was more important to a person than money, though Matt had more than enough of that too. A woman married a man with Matt’s status only for a chance out of the hell they lived in. Marriage was one of few laws that mattered anymore. It had changed over time to mean that two people would forever belong to each other. She would belong to Matt, and Matt would belong to her. But in Charlotte’s mind, Matt Hayes was a possession she could easily live without.

“Just let her be,” said an old voice. Charlotte recognized it as the voice of her soon to be mother-in-law. She was an old woman with whitening hair. She was fragile and obviously deteriorating. Charlotte did not love her, but she often pretended to. Honestly she wasn’t sure she liked her much.

She listened as the door shut. She heard footsteps as they walked away and when there was no more sound she put her head on the table and cried into her arms. She sobbed violently for a few minutes, until she was out of breath and then she lifted her face from her arms and looked back into the mirror. Looking at her now was a wide eyed child, terrified and lonely. A child who had somehow lost her mother in a crowded shop. Mascara streaked down her cheeks, and her eyes were red and watery. She stared at her reflection for some time, hiccupping occasionally. She looked down over the dress that fit her perfectly. The dress had literally been custom made around her body. It’s sleeves were long and lace, the neckline off the shoulder and over each breast, beaded heavily with diamonds and pearls. The dress was so much like a dress from centuries ago. It was floor length and let out in a long train that would trail behind her. Her shoes were white high heeled shows with diamonds across the top. The shoes were beautiful and it had taken her some time to get used to them.

In her life she’d never seen a diamond until she’d met Matt. When she’d arrived at his house to meet him formally the first time she was already sold to him. A driver had very kindly led her to the front door where she was met by a servant who would escort her to Matt’s office. The servant girl didn’t speak to her; she only led her to the room where Matt was waiting for his fiancé.

Matt had been seated in and office chair, his smile was charming when she’d met him the first time. He had welcomed her like she was a friend. He’d invited her to sit in a plush chair across from him at a small table. When he stood from his office chair she was surprised at his height and build. He clearly took care of himself. He’s treated her to a meal finer than any she’d ever eaten. And then he’d presented her with the ring that now how residency on her left ring finger.

Rings were only used for tradition until the day of the wedding. A wife could choose to wear her ring forever if she wanted, but after the legal wedding ceremony rings were replaced with tattoos of the spouse’s initials. Charlotte was terrified of the pain. Now she looked down at the large diamond on her finger. It was more than she had ever imagined she’d have, and she’d decided she’d wear it always over the tattoo that would bond her to him forever.

She sighed and looked into the mirror before wiping the blackened streaks from her cheeks and allowing herself to look presentable again. The door opened behind her and the woman that had made her up rushed into the room to quickly touch up. “My dear, my dear, why have you been crying. You’ve ruined my work,” she said in panic as she relined Charlotte’s eyes. Charlotte forced away a frown. It upset her that not a person in this house cared a bit that she was upset, only that she would ruin her make up or something else they’d put effort into. “Now you are beautiful again, Miss Charlotte.”

“Thank you,” Charlotte said. It was the first words she’d spoken in hours. Her voice was hoarse.

“We must do something about your voice, Mr. Hayes will be unhappy with that sound at his wedding Miss Charlotte.”

“I’ll have a sip of water,” Charlotte said. She was handed a crystal glass filled with cool water and she carefully sipped it. She forced away a new wave of tears before looking at the make-up woman and she handed the water back to her. “Thank you. How much time is left?”

“Only a couple of minutes, Miss Charlotte. Brandon will be here to escort you down the aisle ma’am.” Charlotte nodded unhappily. The make-up woman left the room then without another word. Charlotte looked again at the mirror and sighed. Brandon was head of security. He was a tall muscle bound man with short black hair he had slicked back. He rarely smiled and often avoided contact with her. She was unhappy he would be the one to take her down the aisle. Her parents would not be allowed to attend the wedding. People of their class would not be allowed within the Hayes residence. They were considered customers and would only be allowed entrance to Matt’s loan office. Since their debt was considered paid there was no reason for them to appear there.

Charlotte was allowed supervised visits with her family twice a month. Supervised so she wouldn’t attempt to run from her marriage. During her visits she was free to do as she pleased with her family. But she’d missed all of them in the months since she’d been promised to Matt. She hated her father, and she couldn’t bear to face her mother’s heartache. Her sisters wrote her but she did not write back. She was too young and too afraid to try and stay in her families contact given her new place in life.

The door opened and Brandon appeared. “Miss Charlotte, I am here to escort you to the altar. Are you ready?”

“No,” she whispered. She took one last look into the mirror and pressed her lips into a straight line, forcing herself to be brave and be the woman that had been looking at her not long ago. She stood and slowly she made her way to him. He placed a red and white bouquet of roses into her hands and linked arms with her. She didn’t speak as they walked together out of the bedroom. She just walked carefully so not to fall in the shoes.

“Mr. Hayes has requested you wear a smile for this occasion, ma’am,” Brandon said. Charlotte looked at him. “It is after all your wedding, Miss Charlotte.”

“But I am not happy,” Charlotte said. Her voice was soft and pretty. She was ready to put on her face and move into something she didn’t want. There was no choice. She belonged to him. Brandon walked with her down the aisle and standing at the altar was Matthew Hayes. He was handsome and charming. His hair short and black with slight curls, his teeth perfect and white, it was clear why any woman would gladly sell her soul to marry Matt. He was beautiful, powerful, and rich. He could give any girl anything she wanted.

When the laws had fallen, and malls had been run by people without the desire to pay for items jewelers had immediately closed shops and only worked privately for people who could afford custom items. What had once been high end shopping now crumbled and struggled to stay in business. Matt owned many shopping malls and stores. He put money into them so they could remain in business and all payment went directly to him. He owned enough of them to maintain his wealth. He’d inherited most of his money. His family had been wealthy for centuries.

Her hand was placed in his and she forced a smile. “Hello Charlotte,” he said in a kind voice. He was usually always kind to her. But she feared him in a way. His hands were strong; his fingers were long and elegant. His beauty seemed unnatural to her. He was dressed perfectly in a black tuxedo. His shoes were black with a brilliant shine.

“Matthew,” she said. The vows were read then and rings were transferred. The tattoos would come during the reception. When the moment came to kiss she was afraid it would be strange. He smiled before leaning in to press his lips against hers for the first time and she shuddered at the feeling. His grip tightened on her body and she was forced to melt against his kiss. When he pulled his mouth away from hers he leaned closer and hugged her.

“You had better get used to kisses, Charlotte, because as of 30 seconds ago you belong to me,” he whispered. He pulled away from her and she took a sharp breath. He owned her now forever and she owned him. That was the way marriage worked. But she feared him and so she was sure she would fall submissive to him.

She soon found herself seated across from him listening to the sound of tattoo guns buzzing loudly. Her hand was placed on a small table and his was on another and she bit her lip as the needle touched her skin. Pain ran down her finger and she closed her eyes tightly. Matt was still and calm, his eyes closed in relaxation.

“Okay, let’s start the party.” Charlotte opened her eyes to see that her finger was being wrapped in a small white bandage. It was over, she was permanently marked. She was now forever Mrs. Matthew Hayes.

She danced with her husband for the first time and she held back tears. Her life seemed to be slipping away from her, like she suddenly didn’t exist anymore. She was just his wife. She would be the envy of women all over her area. She would be the reason so many women cried. She found herself questioning why if Matt could have any woman he wanted he would pick her. She was 17 years old, and in a class far below his. She’d never had money of her own. Her father sold produce sometimes but only to pay utilities and if he ever had much extra it was to buy another chicken. Her mother had told her the night before she left the small farm that the secret was in her virginity.

Charlotte was untouched by another man. She’d never been so much as kissed by a member of her opposite sex. She was something new and different for Matt to play with, and he’d liked the idea of marrying a virgin. Matt loved taking things from people that they couldn’t get back. He liked to make trades. He’d traded tax money for a wife and that evening he was going to trade wealth and comfort for said wife’s virginity. It was the only thing she had left.

“Tell me Charlotte, do you like it here?” he asked. She looked down at their chests pressed together.

“It is lovely,” she said. He smiled.

“Lovely? Not a term I’m used to hearing,” he said and nodded slightly to himself. “You my dear are stunning.” She was quiet. It was odd for her to get compliments from anybody. She’d always been a beautiful girl. Her hair was silky and her skin was perfect. She had the soft features of a lady, and the soft curves of a woman. But she was poor and often in clothes that didn’t fit just right, either they were too big or too small, and shoes that were worn to near nothing. Now she found herself dressed in clothes that fit her perfectly and shoes to match each article of clothing.

“I hope I will make you happy,” she said softly after some time. His smile faded slightly.

“My dear Charlotte, you have made me happy thus far. Now you are my wife, and I trust you will continue to please me simply with your presence,” he said and kissed her mouth. She tried to want his kiss.

There were no honeymoons after marriage. Wedding nights were less than romantic in most cases. Now Charlotte was sitting alone in a bedroom dressed in a short sheer nightgown. She felt terribly exposed in the gown and wished vigorously to be covered up and warm in her bed in her father’s small farm house. She looked in the mirror at a vanity mirror much like the one that had been in her bedroom and she frowned. Her hair had been let down and brushed through so its waves fell softly over her shoulders. Her eyes had been made up in a sultry fashion and her lips a brighter red than had been worn at the wedding.

Tears again filled her eyes as she looked into the mirror at the frightened girl. The last thing she had that was hers was soon to be taken from her. It had been made clear in the agreement that Matthew was expecting an heir to his fortune and so she feared not only would this be painful but that it would lead to children she did not want. She was young and afraid that raising a child was not something she’d be able to do on her own.

She’d had some part in raising her four younger sisters, but of them the youngest was 12 years old. Charlotte had only been 5 at the time her youngest sister was born. She didn’t know how babies worked or what to do with one, and she was sure she didn’t want any now. But Matt had made it clear to her that she would not take steps to avoid it if it were to happen.

She tried hard to swallow down her tears and she forced herself not to cry again. The bed in this room was bigger, and it’s wood frame and four posts stood out beautifully. The room seemed dark but comfortable. As Charlotte looked around the large room she was sure her father’s entire farm house could fit within the walls of this one room.

There was a knock on the door and a woman in a maid’s uniform walked in carrying a tray. The tray had a plate of strawberries dipped in chocolate and a bucket of ice with a chilled bottle of champagne and two glasses. Charlotte took in a deep breath and looked at the tray with silence. The maid placed it on a small table set next to a large plush chair. Charlotte looked at the strawberries and her mouth twitched slightly at the thought of sweet fruit flooding her tongue.

“Miss Charlotte, Mr. Hayes will be up shortly. He has sent these but expects you will wait until he has joined you to enjoy them,” the maid said. Charlotte nodded slightly. She was feeling exposed again as the maid tried to avoid eye contact at all costs.

“Thank you,” she said. The maid nodded and left. Charlotte turned back to the mirror and examined her body. Her breasts were nearly completely visible through the sheer white night gown. She did not like the feeling of being exposed so obviously.

She was startled by the sound of the door opening again and she turned slightly to see Matt enter the room. He was dressed in his black tuxedo pants and white button down shirt but nothing else. She looked at the ground and bit on her bottom lip. “Hello, Charlotte,” he said.

“Matthew,” she answered softly.

“You may address me as Matt,” he said. She nodded and looked away again. “Since after all you are now my wife.” She nodded again and looked at him with sadness in her eyes. He frowned. “So wife, you are a virgin correct?” he asked. She looked at him, stunned. “I do not care if you are or are not, but if you are not you need to tell me now and I will find a new woman to take your place.”

“I am a virgin,” she said in a weak voice.

“You will not be momentarily,” he said and pulled off his button down shirt. “Get onto the bed.” She did what he said. He picked up a strawberry and placed it’s tip between her lips. “These are not just for the pleasure of having them. They will serve as a reward for when you do the things I tell you too.” She felt hurt at the idea of the game. He planned to train her as though she were a dog, and she felt she deserved higher respect than that.

“I don’t like this game, Matt,” she said carefully. He ignored her at first. “Please Matt; I do not want treats given to me when I behave the way you’ve asked me to. I’m not a pet, Matthew, I am you wife,” she snapped. He looked at her with wide eyes that held both sympathy and anger.

“You think you are going to decided for me when I get to consummate my marriage?” Matthew asked.

“No,” she said. “But not tonight, please I beg of you,” she said, fear starting to set it very quickly.

“Tonight, I am going to seal my marriage vows,” he said as he climbed onto the bed. “It will be legitimate and consummated. If you choose to fight me you will lose, Charlotte. You belong to me. I didn’t save your father’s useless farm for the benefit of my health, Mrs. Hayes. I did it for the privilege of his lovely daughter forever sharing my bed and my bed alone.” He tore her night gown down the front, exposing her breasts completely. Her body was trembling as he took hold of the left and gave it a tight squeeze. She bit her lip to keep from crying and he took the nipple of the right into his mouth.

“Please,” she whispered, “I’m afraid.”

“It won’t be so bad,” he said then in a softer voice. “Perhaps a slight bit painful. But it won’t be too much for you dear.” She forced herself not to fight him when his hand traveled down her stomach and between her legs. She bit on her lip and tears filled her eyes as he touched her. “No need for tears, Mrs. Hayes.”

Her body tensed when he pushed her legs apart and she let out a shaking breath when she could feel his mouth on her. She could feel her face and chest flush red and she tried to will away the feeling of embarrassment as he performed oral sex on her. Though there was pleasurable sensation in the act she was ashamed and found it nearly impossible to relax fully enough to enjoy it.

She prayed he wouldn’t expect her to return the act. She’d no clue how to please a man orally. She was surprised to find a build-up in her abdominal muscles that threatened to explode at any moment. He rose from her for a moment, using his fingers again, and spoke in a low voice. “You’re going to cum, Charlotte. You may not expect it, but it’s going to happen. If it doesn’t we can’t move forward without as much pain for you. So relax and let it happen.” But she couldn’t relax and when finally the tension snapped she screamed out and lost the control not to fight him away. She kicked her legs and tried to crawl backwards away from him.

“Please, I can’t stand it,” she said, afraid by this sudden burst of pleasure in her body. It wasn’t something she’d ever felt. He took hold of her legs then and pulled her back down onto her back before forcing her legs apart.

“I’ve had enough of your crying for this night, Charlotte. I’ve tried to make it pleasurable for you and I’ve tried to give you time, but I’ve had enough now. Stop fighting me, Charlotte, spread your legs,” he snapped and forced her knees apart a final time before forcing himself into her. She screamed at the sudden tearing pain shooting through her body.

“Please stop, please,” she begged, tears falling down her cheek. But he didn’t answer her, he just moved faster, more forcefully against what was already hurting. Finally she gave up fighting. She knew she couldn’t win. Finally she knew that she forever belong to him and now with the loss of her virginity she had no way out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so excited to finally start this story!
It is my first original fiction and I can't wait to get it going.
Please please leave me comments!
I love you all!
~Jackie