Status: Hiatus - reworking the storyline

The Twins

A Beautiful Night

Brenda Snow struggled with the diner’s back door. The furious and incessant wind blew her hair into her eyes and she grunted with frustration. She gave the door a final, hard tug and it shut properly. She locked the door and rushed over to her car parked by the dumpsters.

The wind whistled in her ears, but didn’t stop her from hearing fast footsteps nearby. She paused, in between her car and the disgusting dumpster, and turned around.

The dim, orange light above the back door of the diner flickered. Within the vicinity of the casted light, nothing was visible--no frightened animal or rabid dog.

Then Brenda reminded herself that the footsteps she had heard sounded human, though she didn’t see anyone nearby.

“Hello?” she called.

She gulped the gathering saliva in her mouth and unlocked her car, rushing inside. She roared the engine to life and set the car to reverse, looking over her shoulder.

Brenda shrieked at the sight of two, dark figures sitting in her backseat. The one directly behind her reached forward and brought a knife to her neck, puncturing the jugular vein.

She faced forward, watching the blood shoot out of the side of her neck and drizzle onto the windshield. Her hand came to the wound, failing to stop the bleeding.

Her eyes moved to her rearview mirror to see the two strangers watching her die. The blood gurgled in her mouth as she exhaled for the last time.

“It’s a beautiful night, isn’t it?” the first stranger asked as they wiped off the knife with their shirt.

The second stranger watched Brenda’s blood drip down the windshield.

“Very beautiful.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't written horror in such a long time. I'm super excited about it though. >w<"

Before I update this again, I need to update my Walking Dead story. I haven't updated it in a week, so I need to do it. GAHHH.