***ous

chapter one

I knew I was hopeless the moment I brushed by him. He had his head dipped down, shoulders relaxed, turned in her direction.
My God. She wasn't even good looking, with straight brown hair that fell to her shoulders flatly, dull brown eyes, and thin lips. Another thing I noticed right off the bat, was the way she chewed her gum. Just like a fucking cow.

Resisting to go and rip her head off, I turned my head slightly in her direction, and instead, just narrowed my eyes, taking in how sloppy she was looking. I think she felt my gaze on her, because her eyeballs rolled in my direction, and her face tensed up.

The smell of her then blood hit me, hard, and suddenly, my gums felt as if they were on fire. This was usually what happens when I put my focus on someone specifically. The smell of their blood becomes very distinct.

Our eyes met, and I think she got a little freaked out, so I just had to look away casually, walking off to class as if I wasn't ready to explode into a feeding frenzy.

My eyes, I noticed in the reflection of my phone, were hooded, and dark. There was a look of hunger present there, and I dared not to peek up at anyone until my hunger was settled down.

Just Breathe...


~ ~ ~ ~


The bell finally rung, signalling the end of the day. I was thankful for the end of the class I just had. Physics did not seem necessary to me, but I wanted to blend in, be human for him.

His name was Tom, and he was everything I craved. Not just his blood, but I felt like something was there between us. I liked the feeling that tingled in the pit of my stomach whenever I saw him, or whenever I could sense, and smell him. It was refreshing... I haven't felt that way in decades.

I was walking down the hall with the giant herd of student when I noticed him walking with that girlfriend of his. She was chewing her gum like a cow again, and that aggravated me. It made me want to rip her throat out.

I narrowed my eyes, and focused intently on her jaw. It locked in place, and her mouth would not close. She panicked, and grabbed Tom’s arm while motioning to her jaw, trying to form some type of words. He turned, a worried look appearing on his face. Damnit...

“What the hell!” My friend Carmen, out of nowhere, shoved me with a little bit of force. I stumbled, yet not quite tripping, because I didn’t quite expect it.

“You aren’t supposed to be hurting anyone, Evan.” She hissed. Carmen was also a Vampire, but she was a bit younger than me. She looked to be about seventeen-ish, but really, she was in her seventies. I, on the other hand, was about one hundred and twelve; one hundred and thirteen in a few weeks.

“Evangeline! Are you even listening to me?” She stated seriously. I rolled my eyes dramatically, and turned to glare down at her. Did I mention? She was quite petite.

“Ugh... I just hate seeing him with her.” I threw a hand through my long dark hair, tossing the strands over my shoulders before we began walking towards the front of the school. I sensed Tom and his girlfriend closer behind us. Her jaw was fixed, since I could hear her babbling along about irrelevant topics. I could be of better interest when it comes to a conversation...

“I know you do, but you got to respect them.” Carmen stated quietly, only for us to hear. With our heightened senses, hearing was no problem between us.

I rolled my eyes yet again, and sighed.

“It’s just that... He is meant for me. I sense him to be mine.” I emphasized the last few words of my sentence and felt my chest rise and fall heavily.

Just as we reached the open foyer by the front doors, Tom shuffled to a stop. He looked down at his girlfriend intently, a look of sorry crossing his features. He was telling her that he had to stay behind because of some exam he was finishing.

The girl was slightly upset, probably cause he was cancelling on some sort of date between the two.

Her devastation made my heart jump, even though there wasn't exactly a pulse.

He'd be staying for a few hours after school, meaning I could catch him alone.

Perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, first chapter. It was slightly revised in the last part, and I fixed a few technical things.
I know this chapter may be a little boring, but hopefully we get a little more excitement in the next chapters!