I'm On A Mission

Clean Up, Clean Up!

“You know those I’ll kill you one day.”, I said softly
He jumped up banging his head on the window.
“I thought you were one of those 6th graders. They’ve been acting creepy all day.”, He said putting the cig out.
“How so?”
“Well first when they got in all the girls tried to grab a front seat…even one boy. Then when I told them to draw something they like they drew me! It was freaky.”, Mike pretended to shiver. I laughed and inched closer to him he pulled me into a headlock and gave me a noogie.
“No! Not the noogie!”, I said.
Then the bell rang and we broke apart. I gave him my pass and he nodded.
“Well we have 7th and then 8th special needs for the next two periods. It’s going to be pretty easy. We’re just going to finger print.”
“oh ok cool.”, I replied. About 10 kids piled into the classroom. Mike passed me some paper and told me to put it in front each one of them. Mike put 3 cans of paint on each table. They were primary colors Blue, Yellow and Red.
“So for the first day of class we’re going to finger paint. Its fun and easy. Tomorrow we will draw. So today you can paint what ever you want.”, Mike explained. Everyone smiled and started painting. Mike sat on the chair at his desk and I sat on the window sill.
When there was at least 5 minutes left Mike told everyone to go to the sink in a line to wash their hands. So everyone did so and I watched them to make sure there weren’t any problems.
“Clean up, Clean up, everybody everywhere, clean up, clean up, everybody do your share.”, I sang over and over. The students started to catch on with the song. And soon everyone was done and clean. When we went back to our seats I noticed that Mike had taken their paintings and put them near the window to dry. The bell rang and they all made a line to go to their next class.
“You’re a natural at this.”, Mike said.
“I gave out paper and sang a song.”
“I was trying to be nice. Okay look alive 8th grade special needs. We’re drawing today paper and pencil.”, Mike said.
And the same thing pretty much went on as last period. So now it was 7th period.