I'm On A Mission

Flying Gum

“Close the door, I need a smoke.”, Mike said.
“So are BJ and Tre coming here or are we going to them?”, I asked
“They’re coming here.”, as if right on cue BJ and Tre came waltzing through the door
“Hey guys, have fun teaching?”, Billie asked hugging me.
“Yea it was pretty fun.”, I replied
“Mike you know you can’ t smoke here!”, Tre whispered as if someone was trying to listen in and he was telling a secret.
“Since when have you ever cared about where to do something? Remember the mailbox?”
Tre blushed, “It was an accident I had to go.”
I’d thought it better not to ask what happened in fear of being grossed out.
“So lunch? Don’t worry I have your sandwhich Noelle.”, Billie said.
“Lets go outside near that big tree near the parking lot.”, Tre suggested.
We all agreed and went out with Mike and Billie carrying our lunches. We got out of the building and were walking towards the tree when out of nowhere a big wad of paper and what looked to be gum flew at us. Most of it landed on Tre and I. It was defiantly made of gum and paper because when we pulled it off strings of green and blue elastic was sticking to us. Tre and I looked around to see who did it.
We heard a voice scream, “That’s what you guys get for what you did in health class!”
Tre and I shrug it off and kept walking towards the tree. We all sat down and got out our sandwiches.
“So what did you guys do in health class?”, Billie asked quizzically.
“Oh, well I just gave them a marriage project and pairing them all as gay and les. Couples.”, Tre said calmly.
Mike chuckled, “I remember that project. There weren’t enough kids when I did it so I was paired with Billie. We said he was the girl.”
We all laughed. “Yea well at least I didn’t choke up when I was asked a question about sex.”, Billie said sticking out his tounge. We all laughed. These guys were so childish. I think I just found my best friends for the first time. I never really had friends. I had ‘hey’ people. You know the person you see in the hall all the time and you say ‘hey’ whenever they show up. But not real friends like these guys.
Tre’s watch went off. “Time to go back in?”, Mike asked.
Tre nodded and we all went our separate ways.