I'm On A Mission

Caught In The Headlights

8th period is usually boring and it still is. We were in Advanced Science and watching a movie on volcanoes. Finally the bell rang and I went to my locker to get my stuff. When I opened my locker a paper fell out of it. I put it in my folder and put all my stuff in my backpack. Now it was time to go to Billie.
He usually would drive me home. Or we would go walking or something. Now that I think about it I wasn’t crushing on him. He was just my best friend. First time you would hear that your teacher is your best friend. When I got there Billie and Mike were on the floor with their heads ever-so close to each other. The door was closed and I was looking through the little window. I opened the door and they broke apart quickly.
“That wasn’t what that looked like!”, Billie practically screamed.
“Yea he fell into me and we landed like that and- Billie!”, Mike cut himself off. Billie looked confused. Mike whispered something in Bill’s ear and Billie’s eyes got wide.
“I’ll be right back. I’m going to go find Tre.”, Billie said and dashed out of the room.
“Um, Hi.”, Mike tried to strike up a conversation.
“Hi.”, I said raising one eyebrow.
“It was an accident. Nothing happened. Nothing will happen, sick minded person.”
“Hey, I’m not- okay yes I am sick minded.”, I said. We laughed but Mike’s was faked a bit. I’m not so sure I believe him about the Nothing happened thing. I know Billie is Bi and I know Billie and Mike have been best friends for 11 years so anything could have happened. Billie and Tre came through the door at last.
“This guy is crazy, all the way down the hallway he was whispering, Ms. Powers in a bikini.”, Tre exclaimed. I looked at Billie in disgust. There were better ways to get rid of a boner.
“So you want a ride home?”, Billie asked. I nodded and the guys started to get ready. We all went out to the parking lot and got into BJ’s Chevron. We got to my house and I said by to everyone.
“Call me if anything’s going wrong.”, Billie called. I nodded and went inside. My mum wasn’t home. She was probably outside with her friends, drinking the night away. I went to my room and got out my homework. But the first paper I took out wasn’t homework. It was something much more.