Status: On-going. Have done a number of chapters already! ;)

Give It to Me

Trois: Namespace

“Doors open at 7:30. Show starts at 8.” Their production manager, Gary announced. He then looked at the only girl in the room. Everyone turned their heads on her. “Mauve, since you’ve become a part of this, we might as well use you.”

“How will you use me?” She replied, emphasizing on the last two words.

John can’t help laughing at Mauve’s reply. “Manage the booth. You are now our official merch girl. Don’t worry, Larry will be there.”

“Oh, okay!”

“The prices are on that list on top of the shirts.”

She was getting used to being part of the trip. It takes a lot of self-control not to squeal at moments she would realize that her favorite band (in the whole wide world as she tells her parents) is within her reach 24/7. Being their merch girl would equal questioning looks from fans who assume she’s in a relationship with one of the boys.

“So, how’s everything? I mean, it’s obvious that we won’t let you tag along without doing anything.” The bassist approached her, helping set up the merch stand. He picked up one batch of white shirts with their band’s logo on it.

“I know that.” She answered back. “Beats working at my parent’s café or at the gas station two blocks away from our house.”

“You’re in college, right?”

“Yes.”

“Then, why are you here?”

“I’m the hostage taker like you said. I wanted this.”

“Who told you that?”

“I have sources.” She smirked causing Garrett to lift his left eyebrow.

“Listen, Mauve. I feel you’re running away from something and this tour is your getaway.”

Mauve dropped a load of tank tops in his arms. “You’ll never know. Just hold your part of the deal. Username’s still mine.”

----

After the show, the five guys came out to hang with the fans. Mauve was also outside. Leaning against a brick red wall, she was watching fans like her get all giddy taking photos with the band members spread out into the crowd. She recalled the previous shows of The Maine that she went to. Thinking that no one was noticing her, she laughed a little.

“Violet?” Her eyes quickly focused in on a thin-framed girl with a cd on her right hand and a Sharpie on the other. “Violet! It’s really you!”

Not wasting any second before someone could hear her name, she cupped the girl’s mouth and dragged her away from the chaos. “Yup, it’s me, Feii. What’s up?”

Feii gave her a squeeze before answering. “Well, if it isn’t any obvious, I’m having blast!”

“Feii.”

“What?”

“Just a reminder, don’t ever call me that name ever again. I swear I’ll hunt you down like Liam Neeson did in Taken.”

“Okay. Can I ask you something now?” Feii asked.

Mauve nodded. “Why are you here in Indy watching The Maine? Last time I called you, you were at ASU and complaining about one class of yours. That was two weeks ago.”

The younger one, Feii, looked at Mauve who was fidgeting and seemingly reluctant to answer. She finally spoke. “Is it bad to be a fan and watch a show far away from home? I got into some kind of deal, and it seemed like the perfect situation. Don’t worry, my studies are fine.”

Once Garrett neared their radius, Mauve walked away. “Have to go. Well, see you when I see you!”

Feii stayed and approached the bassist. “Hey, Garrett,” she smiled for a moment as her right hand instantly took out her phone from the pocket of her jeans, “Can we take a picture and sign my cd?”

“Oh, sure. Did you enjoy the show? Are you here alone?”

“Awesome set list. Yes, but my friend also watched your show! She’s also a big fan of yours.” She turned her back to Garrett. “She’s that girl wearing a gray hoodie.”

“That girl walking away?”

“Yeah, that’s Violet. That girl.”

----

Tired after hanging out with some fans that waited to meet them at the back as always, the group together with Mauve, decided to grab some drinks before going on the road again. Gary was their designated driver and was not exactly thrilled about it.

“We saw you and Garrett talking before the show. Did he say something or…?” John asked as he took a swig of beer.

“Nah. He was just asking some questions about me.” Mauve smiled, seated next to Pat.

Garrett heard his name and joined in the conversation. He was seated adjacent to Pat and eyed the lone lady in the group. “Mauve, how’s Pioneer tour doing for you?”

“I’m having a good time, really. Been seeing a whole new side of all of you and touring is really not what I pictured it to be.”

“Just what I was thinking you’d say.” The bassist replied, oozing with sarcasm.

Kennedy, who was running up quite a tab, began recalling up the events that lead to their current setup. Jared laughed his ass off, while John kept the commentary coming. Couldn’t take Kennedy’s impersonation of him anymore, Garrett got up and headed out the exit. Mauve followed suit up until they were close to the door of the tour bus.

“Aren’t you used to them? Why’d you walk out?”

His blue eyes were full of boredom with a hint of irritation. “Simple. I wasn’t entertained. I didn’t want to drink anyways.”

The two went inside the tour bus, their temporary home for two months. Mauve took off her jacket, revealing her Man Overboard “Defend Pop Punk” shirt.

“Wanna watch a movie? Titanic or Paranormal Activity 2?” Garrett asked, holding up two DVD cases.

This guy is so random, she thought. She grabbed one case and proceeded to the end of the bus.

“Titanic. Paranormal Activity 2 might be fun when Jared’s here and I’ll videotape your sequel to your Paranormal Activity song.”

This girl knows him so well, thanks to Youtube. He cracked a smile which she didn’t see. Mauve was already on the couch. Garrett took a seat next to her after popping the DVD into the player. For the first forty minutes of the film, both were silent.

“Every single time I see this movie; my brain will go and think, ‘Maybe, the ship won’t sink this time.’ I’m serious here.” She shared, eyes still glued to the screen. She didn’t notice she was leaning on Garrett’s shoulder. He didn’t mind.

“Can we pause the movie for a minute, Violet?” He looked down, focusing his eyes which were having trouble using the screen as the only light source.

“Yeah, yeah. Sure.” She replied. Noticing their position, she quickly straightened up. Then, it dawned on her. “What did you just call me?! Oh my god!”

Garrett dashed for the door, picking up his pace through the bunks, and finally, to the small dainty countertops that made up their whole kitchen. Between laughs, he brought out a pack of popcorn and popped it into the microwave oven and set the timer.

“Good idea. I like buttered popcorn.” Mauve spoke, catching breaths in between. “How did you know?”

He turned to her and smirked. “You know, I like Violet over Mauve.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Four and five coming up later this week! Comments never hurt. Ahhhh, finally Garrett and Mauve have a moment. Teehee. <3

Hi to my first subscriber! Wanna be friends?

- Tisha c: