Status: On-going. Have done a number of chapters already! ;)

Give It to Me

Quatre: Adjusting

It has been a week since the band’s first show for the North America Pioneer tour. Mauve not only helps in the band’s merch stand but also documents the shows by taking photographs and videos during the shows. The whole crew was quite pleased for another helping hand. She wasn’t a burden at all. The boys themselves were warming up to her too, especially Pat.

Montreal was still a big deal to her. She was in another country, on tour with a band. It meant she was very far away from home, almost free from cares for the first time in her life.

They arrived at the venue earlier than expected. She assisted Larry setting up the merch they were going to sell that night. By this time, she has memorized the prices of each item. She laughed to herself remembering Vinny Vegas, All Time Low’s merch guy, and his “No shirt is ‘that one’” signs.
Understanding Vinny’s long time crusade against demonstrative pronouns, no shirt is clearly “that one”.

While doing their sound check, she happily obliged to video the band in lieu to their known tour updates. When the boys were finished, they still had two hours to spare.

“Mauve!” The drummer called out. “Let’s go for a walk and maybe grab some food.”
She nodded. Heading towards Pat, she pats the front and back pockets of her jeans to check if she has her phone and wallet with her. The two were almost outside the theater when someone yelled to wait up.

It was Garrett and John. “Seriously, guys? You didn’t even ask if we wanted to come?” The taller one between the two questioned, with a mock tone of hurt.

“Well, I didn’t think you were hungry,” Pat answered. “Besides, I saw John eating three grilled cheese sandwiches of the ones Mauve made this morning at the bus.”

“For the record, I did not eat three.” John defended in a matter-of-fact manner. “I only ate two and half. The half belonging to Garrett because he didn’t want it anymore.”

Garrett finally spoke. “Let’s just go, alright? Anything just to make John shut up.”

The only girl in the conversation laughed. She was still taking in the fact that her favorite band’s members can now casually joke around with her. How could I ever get used to this? She thought to herself, smiling absently.

“Are you crazy like John or what?” She didn’t know the bassist was beside her. John and Pat were ahead of them, the former sharing a joke to the latter they weren’t hearing.
Pretending to not be embarrassed, she replied. “I remembered a funny memory, okay?”

“You’re really weird, Violet.” Garrett smiled at her. She couldn’t help blushing as she tried to hide her face from him.

Garrett has since switched referring to her as Violet instead of Mauve whenever they were talking to each other. He is the only one in the band who knows about her first name. He felt like he knew her more than the others because of this. At first, she was obviously ticked off every single time he called her by the name her parents gave her. Now, she doesn’t mind.

“Wow, that’s something.” She blurted out loud, “Coming from a guy who has a baby picture of his male friend that he keeps in his wallet!”

Before he could react, she picked up her speed, giggling from her own statement. She was easily in front of John and Pat, who heard what she had to say and they were also chuckling.

Within seconds, the bassist caught up to her. Still catching his breath, he grabbed her hand. “Gotcha!”

He pulled her close to him, as if they were dancing. Then and there, she felt her heart dip. Not until he tickled her sides, that is.

“Cut it out, you two lovebirds.” The vocalist was now in between them, his long and bony arms on each of their shoulders. “Look on the other side of the street, corn dogs!”

They crossed the road with ease and immediately were in front of concession stand. The girl managing the stand turned around, they looked familiar to her except for Mauve. “So, what can I get you guys?”

Pat stepped forward. “Four corn dogs, please.”

“Make that five,” John cut in, with a smile in his face. “By the way, nice shirt.”

The girl’s cheeks turned crimson, she never thought someone would notice the Arkells band shirt she was wearing. Her hair was a nice shade of brown, she was also a tad bit taller than Mauve. “Oh, thanks. That’ll be 6.95.”

The vocalist pulled out a twenty-dollar bill from his wallet and waited for the girl to get their order. She came back with two corn dogs in each hand, and put them in a brown paper bag. After handing it to John, she took the money in his hand and gave him the change. “I’m guessing you’re going to the show tonight at L.A. Tulipe?”

Looking at John then at Garrett and Pat, she recognized who they were. She instantly lit up.“Yeah! After my shift, I’ll be meeting up with my friend. We’re going to watch you all perform.”

“That’s great,” Pat happily commented. “See you tonight then!”

----

By this time, Mauve knew the drill. She helped Larry sell the band’s merch, and she didn’t dare to go back to the tour bus if there were still fans meeting the band. Zoning out everyone the crowd forming around the bus, she pressed the play on the wheel after choosing Selfish Machines of her iPod and let Vic Fuentes serenade her.

“Hey. You’re the girl John, Pat, and Garrett were with, right?” She focused on the girl in front of her.
It was the girl who sold them corndogs earlier. Mauve smiled at her. “Yeah. I’m Mauve, by the way. Enjoyed the show?”

“I did, very. Oh, my name’s Andy. Nice to meet you!” She was much taller than her, a brunette, and had brown eyes to match her hair. “I envy you for being their merch girl. How’d you get the job?”

“Through a deal, kind of. Come on, the crowd’s thinning out. Perfect time to meet the boys!” She replied. He remembered seeing John check her out earlier. She was sure John would like to see Andy again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, just fluff. It'll get better in the next chap which is also up! Please continue reading. :)

- Tisha c: