Status: On-going. Have done a number of chapters already! ;)

Give It to Me

Six ans et demi: Twenty-one

There could have been a million ways to argue that it was not a date between Garrett and I. I take in the fact that he actually said it was, but I can only shake my head. Running through the “un-dates” that I went to, I can consider myself an expert in determining those kinds. Taking me to a diner after my first (and possibly my last) tattoo was done and cleanly wrapped up, then asking me to dance to a Beatles song in front of a lot of people? Was it really a date?

Nope, it’s not. Mauve, don’t over think.

I counsel myself and prescribe it to be my mantra for the rest of the day. Mauve, don’t over think. The thought of his face so close to mine and his hands on my waist isn't leaving my brain.

I can easily replay the events that happened after. It was nothing much, to be honest. We walked back to the hotel casually, him carrying takeout for Pat. I try to block out the detail that we were holding hands the whole trip back.

Is Garrett thinking about it too? I couldn't help assuming that he is. He is across from me, his back against the headboard of what can I guess is John’s bed.

“Guys.” Pat tries to call our attention. “Guys!”

His raised voice finally snaps us out of our trance. We both look at him. He just finished eating the late lunch we brought him. Before he could ask us anything, the others come rushing inside.

“We’re back!” Kennedy announces, excitement transparent on his face.

Jared and Gary move the table that was on the right side of the room to the center. Kennedy then put the blue box with candles taped on top of it he was holding on the table.

I suddenly pick up what is happening. He told them, that’s why his eyes and fingers were glued to his phone for the last thirty minutes while I replay the events at the diner over and over. John walks towards me.

“Now, honey, why did you not tell us?” The vocalist inquired and pulls me up to my feet.

“Happy birthday!” Everyone in the room boomed, now huddled around me.

Garrett steps a little closer to me and holds out the cake. I eye him with a ‘you-just-had-to-tell-them’ look. He only smiles and replies, “Don’t forget to make a wish.”

I blow out the candles, all 21 of it. Jared then proceeded to give me a bear hug and the others followed suit.

“Enough with the mushiness, though I like it,” John clears his throat. “Let’s enjoy the cake and later we will celebrate the fact Mauve’s fucking legal!”

Pat quickly grabs his camera beside his laptop. “Photo first!”

“Guys, you didn’t have to-” I chirp after the photo was taken. I didn't imagine this at all. This is not what I expected. If you ask me that I will be celebrating my 21st birthday with The Maine just months ago, I’d never believe it and tell you to fuck off.

By the time we were finished eating, it was time to prep for the show one last time.

The Maine’s second Pioneer date in New York City was sold out. True enough, they bought me booze before going aboard the tour bus again and I enjoyed my can of beer proud and legally. We got back to the hotel at an ungodly hour.

We still had a show at Poughkeepsie the next day. Sleeping won’t be my friend for this whole tour. My mind is also resisting and enjoying the montage it created consisting of the guy sleeping on bed next to mine. I think of his two blue pools of perfection boring into mine and telling me it was a date.

I will myself to stop. I can’t. It doesn’t help that the guy that’s filling my head is sleeping a few feet away from me. This room assignment isn't good for my psyche. Checking my phone, I curse under my breath. It’s already 2 AM and I’m still awake. My hands remove the blanket over my body and I stand up and stealthily head out.

There was no one outside the hallway. I lazily plop down, a few spaces from the door. Sitting on the floor with my legs folded, arms over it, and my head down seem to calm me. As the minutes pass, the more I relax.

“Can’t sleep?”

I nod and look up. Garrett in a loose white shirt and boxer shorts is a sight I was not ready at 2 AM in the morning. I manage to croak a casual “Thank you for today.”

“Sure thing. We had to celebrate y’know.” He sits on the floor beside me and I turn to him. I don’t want any conversation. That’s why I was here – to zone him out.

“I should try sleeping again.”

“Wait.” He grabs me just above my wrist, careful not to touch my new tattoo. “One more thing.”

Garrett closes in the distance between us. He tucks a few strands of my auburn hair away from my face. I close my eyes, knowing what will happen next. Instead, he plants a kiss on my forehead and his hands move to the small of my back. He leans in and kisses me on the mouth. I melt into him, kissing back as if we were always this close.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did you like Mauve's POV? Clearly, Garrett is slowly messing with her mind. This is just chapter 6.5, stay tuned for chapter 7! Thank you for subbing and commenting. Shout out to lullabies on sunday for the rec!

I know it's too much to ask, but can you help me meet All Time Low, A Rocket To The Moon, We Came As Romans, and Tonight Alive? Like the page first, scroll down, and check the entry with my name, Ana Beatrice! Thank you! tinyurl.com/tishamalubay

- Tisha c: