Status: Feedback is great!

The 22nd Century

Chapter one.

Today was the day Kellin had been dreading his whole life. Today was the day that Kellin would meet his so-called ‘soul mate’. He didn’t really believe in that, as he was very realistic, and couldn’t believe for a second that he would meet anyone who could put up with his shit anyway.

Kellin groaned as he got out of bed, and made his way to the bathroom to brush his teeth and get ready for today. His mom would be so worked up and happy today. He almost got sick to his stomach already, just thinking about the cheesy shit-eating-grin she would have plastered on her face as soon as he came downstairs. Kellin sighed loudly as he undressed himself and stepped into the shower, shuddering and almost screaming as his warm body was cooled down by ice cold water. “Fuck.” He muttered as he realized that there was no hot water. “Sarah!” He called; his tone obviously annoyed as he stepped out of the shower again and wrapped a towel around his waist. He could hear quick footsteps, his little sisters tiny feet working their way up the hall and to the bathroom. “What?” She said, as she peeked her head through the door and gave him a small smile. Sighing, Kellin pointed to the shower and eyed her suspiciously. “The shower just gave me hypothermia, care to explain why?” He questioned. Sarah’s smile dropped, and she looked at the ground, guilt clouding her eyes. “Sorry, uh, sorry.” She muttered and gave him an apologetic look. Kellin shrugged and waved her off, silently telling her to leave. She obliged, and left without another word. He couldn’t really blame her anyway; she had just gotten her powers. And it was like this every other day, where she had accidentally stared at a water pipe while being lost in her own track of thoughts until the water turned cold as ice. Sighing once again, he got dressed, and went to fix his hair as nice as he could manage. If he was going to meet his ‘soul mate’, he could at least try to look good. Not that he thought it would matter.

As soon as Kellin entered the living room, he regretted it. “Kellin, baby! Are you excited for today? Surely I am!” His mother exclaimed with a big grin plastered on her face as she ran over to him, pinched his cheeks and kissed his forehead, making Kellin groan. “I guess.” He muttered, ducking away from his mother’s way-too-loving arms. Kellin’s mother was always overly excited about every minor thing that happened. When Kellin played his first gig with his band, she had come to watch and she was telling basically every person passing by her that her son was up there singing, and that he was going to be a world famous rock star. And when he first got his powers, she had invited every single person she knew to a big party, celebrating that her son was growing up. Kellin loved her to bits though, of course. After all, she was his mother. But he still didn’t believe the bullshit about soul mates, and it made him kind of irritated how she was so excited about ‘his big day’, when he felt like there was nothing to be excited about at all.

Sitting on the couch watching Cartoon Network with a bowl of cereal was how Kellin spent most of his mornings. But this morning was different though, because his mom insisted on taking him out to breakfast at Pizza Hut, seeing as this would apparently be his last day as her ‘little baby boy’. His mother had given him a ten-minute speech about how much she loved him and how happy she was for him and whatever else she could come up with. Kellin had just sighed, rolled his eyes and hugged her to make her shut her tiny mouth.

Looking at his wrist, his watch said 000:05:36:12. So apparently, in five hours or so, he would meet his ‘soul mate’. What if his soul mate didn’t at all like him? Which was most likely. Not that he cared. There were not many people who took a liking to Kellin, or maybe it was the other way around. Because Kellin didn’t like most people either. Kellin never knew when to keep his mouth shut; he came with rude comments and sarcastic replies to almost everything. He was good at starting fights and arguments. Especially with the people at his school. He didn’t have many friends at school because of that, but he felt like he didn’t need friends anyway. He had Jesse, Gabe, Justin and Jack. He didn’t need anyone else. This was also a reason why he was being sceptical about this whole ‘soul mate’ thing. He didn’t need a fucking soul mate. He was a quirky, bitter 19-year-old, you could say. An old soul, if you will. But he was honest when he said that he didn’t believe in this bullshit for a second. He saw how it went with his mom and dad, where his dad walked out on them without a word. They just woke up one day, and he was gone. Love and soul mates were complete and utter bullshit, and he would never change his mind about that.

As Kellin ate his pizza in peace, not paying attention to what his mom was rambling about, he looked out the window. He was looking around outside for anything interesting at all, when his blue eyes locked on a pair of brown ones. There was a tan guy, standing right outside the window, staring right back at him. He had long, brown, kind of curly hair, reaching down to his shoulders. His arms were tan and muscular although he had a thin frame. He was probably Hispanic, and for sure the most beautiful guy Kellin had ever laid his eyes on. He couldn’t know that, though. The boy smiled softly at him, to which Kellin replied with a sarcastic smirk. The boys smile dropped, and he turned away from Kellin and left. “Fucking creep.“ Kellin muttered under his breath as he looked at his watch again impatiently. "What was that?" Kellin’s mother questioned with a small smile. Kellin sighed and shook his head. "Nothing." He mumbled, looking out the window again. He caught himself dreaming about the brown-eyed boy, kind of hoping he would show up again. “What’s wrong, honey?” His mother asked concerned, taking his hand in hers and looking him in the eyes. Kellin just sighed again, let go of his mother’s hand and stood up. “I want to go home now.” He muttered, sighing once again. He really wished that he could see that boy again. Why? He was meeting his ‘soul mate’ in a matter of hours anyway; Some random guy on the street didn’t matter.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like these little personality changes I've made!!