Status: Feedback is great!

The 22nd Century

Chapter three.

Kellin awoke to the sound of his phone ringing. Groaning at the massive pain in his neck and back, seeing as he had been sleeping on the cold, wooden floor. He got up and immediately started frantically searching for his phone, thinking it might be Vic. The mere thought of talking to Vic made butterflies erupt in his stomach. “Where is that fucki-“ Kellin cut himself off as he found his phone in the corner of his room, under a pair of skinny jeans. He pressed the big green button, and placed his phone to his ear, not bothering to look at the caller ID. “Kellin?” Matty’s voice could be heard on the other end of the line, and Kellin bit his lip to prevent the massive groan that was threatening to escape his lips. “Yes.” He sighed, clenching his jaw slightly. He felt kind of angry, for some reason. But he couldn’t help it. Soul mates? Hah. Kellin scoffed loudly at the thought, cutting Matty off mid-sentence as he was rambling about something Kellin didn’t listen to anyway. “What?” Matty said silently, insecurity could be heard in his voice and Kellin felt a little bad. “Uh, I’m kind of busy. Was there something important, or?” Kellin said, trying not to sound as irritated as he actually was. Matty was a good guy, really. He cared for him, definitely. But he hated the fact that Matty was his apparent soul mate, and Matty had apparent feelings for Kellin. They didn’t even know each other. He was so confused. “Yeah…I was just telling you about it. Weren’t you listening?” Matty sighed. Kellin mentally slapped himself, and sunk down on the floor, much like he had last night when he fell asleep. “I’m sorry. I’m just kind of tired. Repeat what you said, please.” He muttered into his hand, which he had placed over his face. “I said, I’ll pick you up in an hour. Is that okay with you? Or do you want me to pick you up later?” Matty repeated, and Kellin shot up from the floor. “What time is it?” He exclaimed, looking around his room for a watch. “10 am.” Matty answered in a slight monotone, as if he was sick of how Kellin was acting towards him. Honestly, Kellin couldn’t blame him. A grin spread across Kellin’s face. He could be with Matty for a couple of hours, and then Vic. “Perfect.” He whispered to himself, feeling confident that Matty didn’t hear him. “Pick me up in ten.” He sang happily, and hung up before Matty could say another word. He dialled Vic’s number as he ran around the house, getting dressed, brushing his teeth and doing his hair all in one. As Vic’s beautiful voice could be heard on the other line, Kellin stopped in his tracks and felt him-self going dizzy. What the fuck was happening to him? “Hey! We’re gonna hang out today.” Kellin stated more than questioned, with his mouth full of toothpaste. “Yeah! When?” Vic laughed, and it made Kellin laugh too, toothpaste spilling all over the bathroom sink. But Kellin couldn’t care less at the moment. “I can pick you up at 2?” He suggested right before he spat the rest of the toothpaste out in the sink, and ran to the living room to put his shoes on. “Sounds lovely.” Vic replied, and Kellins smile grew bigger. Vic made him feel so happy for some reason.

They hung up seconds later just as Matty pulled up in Kellins driveway. Kellin kissed his mom goodbye on the cheek, and ran out to Mattys car. He couldn’t wait to get this over with, so he could be with Vic.

Those hours with Matty were torture from Kellins side. Reaching their location, and may I point out that Kellin still didn’t know what it was, they walked inside a large building that looked like a place where people got married, and when they opened the door and stepped inside, Kellin felt like he was going to throw up his guts. There were red walls, flowers glued to it. Roses were scattered all around the floor too, and there were candles that lit up the dark room a little. In the middle of the room was a table, also covered in roses, two candles were placed on it and there were two plates, two chairs, two everything. Kellin felt sick. “What the fuck?” He blurted out. Matty grinned at him excitedly and took his hand, “Do you like it?” He asked hopefully, trying to make eye contact with Kellin who just averted his eyes to the floor. He did look up though, once, and when he saw that hopeful look in Mattys eyes he felt like he couldn’t do anything else but kiss him, although he much rather would throw up in Mattys mouth. The kiss tasted sour, and Matty tasted weird. Kellin had never felt more uncomfortable his whole life. “I really don’t.” He faked a smile and Matty’s grin faded immediately. Matty lead him further into the room. Honestly, Kellin wanted to throw up all over this place, set it on fire, set Matty on fire, and run. Matty was practically bouncing on his feet with a shit-eating-grin on his face after that kiss. Kellin felt good about how he made it fade so quickly though, it felt as if he was completely in control over this boys’ feelings. He was just standing by Kellins chair, almost as if he was begging for another one. Couldn’t he take a fucking hint? “Aren’t you going to sit down?” Kellin asked impatiently. Matty seemed as if he snapped back to reality, nodded and sat down on the opposite chair. Kellin were dreading the next two-three hours. Fuck my life, he thought repeatedly to himself.

They ordered their food, or, Matty ordered their food. He insisted on Kellin trying out some spaghetti thing. Kellin didn’t eat spaghetti though, because he didn’t like the taste at all. But hey, Matty is a stubborn little shit and Kellin couldn’t be bothered to argue. The spaghetti did taste like shit of course, and Kellin was about to throw up every time he put some into his mouth. He especially swore he was going to throw up when Matty took a bite of his food, and tried to end up kissing him like in Lady and the Tramp. This guy just wouldn’t give up. Kellin silently took back what he said before about them being friends, this was dreadful. The only thing that got Kellin through those hours was the thought of Vic. He was going to be with Vic soon. He imagined it being Vic setting all this up for him, instead of Matty. It didn’t help much though, because this whole thing made Kellin want to throw his insides up no matter who he imagined had done it for him. It was too cliché and too lovey dovey and Kellin hated that kind of stuff.

After the dinner-like-thing, they made out in Mattys car for a bit. Or should I say, Matty made out with Kellin. Kellin sat there, his eyes wide open and his lips didn’t move one bit. Matty didn’t seem to give a fuck though because he kept on going, roaming his hands over Kellins body and probably pretending that Kellin was doing the same to him. “I really, really like kissing you.” Matty had whispered against Kellin’s lips, and Kellin felt his insides twitch and he almost pulled away so he wouldn’t throw up in Mattys mouth. This was so wrong on so many levels. All he could think about while Matty was grinding himself to him, making out with him and leaving hickeys on his neck, was Vic, how much he hated the government, and the fact that his dick had never been softer his entire life.

They ‘made out’ a little more before Kellin told him stop and came up with some lie about that ‘he didn’t want to rush into things’ and ‘they should take it slow and get to know each other’. Which were complete and utter bullshit, and anyone who knew Kellin well would know that. But hey, Matty didn’t know Kellin at all, so.

Kellin finally got out of hell. He felt more relieved than ever when he exited Mattys vehicle and walked up the stairs to his front door. The time showed 2pm, which made Kellin stress to a point where he was almost shaking. He kicked his shoes off, and made his way to his room as he texted Vic telling him he was going to be five minutes late or something like that. He threw on some new clothes, put a beanie on his head and sprinted out the door again; avoiding the questioning looks from his mother and sister. Entering his old, rusty Audi Q5 that he got from his mom for his birthday, he checked the time again, 2:06pm. “Fuck.” He started up the vehicle and sighed in annoyance as it wouldn’t start right away. It was an old, shitty fucking car, from like, 2013 or something. “It’s a fucking wonder you’re still alive.” He muttered to his car as he sped off towards Vic’s house, trying to remember the directions Vic gave him last night.

Eventually, he arrived at Vic’s house. It was quite a large house, but it looked kind of cozy too. The walls were painted a light shade of yellow, and the front door was big and white, with a window. The front lawn was huge, flowers surrounding it, making the place smell like tulips and pollen fly through the air. Kellin felt almost blissful, just standing there quietly taking in the scenery.
“Were you just going to stand there, or knock on the door to tell me you’re here?” Kellin snapped his head to where the voice came from, and saw Vic standing in the doorway, leaning against it with a grin plastered on his face. “You were obviously waiting for me by the door, so I figured I didn’t have to knock.” Kellin taunted, with a smirk plastered on his lips. “Yeah, you’d like that, wouldn’t you?” Vic replied, smirking back at him. They made their way to Kellins car, and Kellin felt more nervous than ever. “Wow, nice ride.” Vic laughed as Kellin opened the door for him. “Don’t judge.” Kellin chuckled, and made his way to the driver side, trying to hide the fact that he was blushing.

They drove around for a while, not sure of what to do or where to go. To Kellin’s joy, there weren’t any awkward silences like with him and Matty. They talked, and talked, and they never ran out of things to talk about. They could hold a conversation going for days if they had to. Kellin loved talking to Vic, he loved looking at Vic, and he loved just being in the presence of Vic. He was perfection, and Kellin felt so happy whenever he was around him. He would give anything to know how his hair felt like between his fingers, or his lips attached to his. Fuck. Kellin mentally slapped himself for thinking that stuff. That was so gross, and lovey dovey that not even what Matty did could match it.

“What are you thinking about?” Vic questioned as he passed the bag of chips to Kellin again. They were sitting on the hood of Kellin’s car, eating chips and looking at the view. Kellin had parked on a hill that had a view of the whole town. It was beautiful. “I don’t know.” Kellin replied, his mouth full of chips. “Are you dumb?” Vic leaned back, resting his head on his hands, and looking up at Kellin with a grin. “Honestly?” Kellin questioned more than stated as he mimicked Vic and lied beside him. “Yeah.” Kellin admitted, laughing at himself. “Really though, what’s up?” Vic questioned, taking Kellin’s hand in his. Kellin blushed a deep pink and looked down on their intertwined fingers. His dainty hands were so small compared to Vic’s. “You know what they say about a guy with big hands,” Kellin said, ignoring Vic’s question completely. He smirked at his own comment. Was that inappropriate? Probably. Did Kellin care? Not even a little bit. “What?” Vic questioned, an innocent look in his eyes. Had he seriously not heard that expression? “Your dick.” Kellin replied, a serious look on his face as he stuffed another fistful of chips in his mouth. “What?” Vic giggled nervously, obviously not getting the joke. Kellin couldn’t help but admire how innocent Vic was at times. He was like a little kid, confusion written all over his face and a slight blush tinting his cheeks. “It’s big, ‘cause of your hands, doofus.” Kellin laughed, wondering how it could take the brown-eyed boy so long to get the joke. He wasn’t like this earlier that day; It was almost as if he suddenly had gotten nervous about something. “Thanks, I guess.“ Vic chuckled softly, staring up at the dim lit sky. What had gotten into him? Kellin wanted to ask, but he kept quiet. The silence was nice. He gave Vics hand a little squeeze, while closing eyes; Enjoying the feeling of Vic’s fingers intertwined with his own.

Suddenly, a tingling sensation went up and down Kellin’s hand; stinging him. He let go of Vic’s hand, shaking it repeatedly in the cool air as his breath hitched in his throat. “You fucking burned my hand, dude!” Kellin almost squealed, looking at Vic with pain in his eyes. “I’m-I’m so sorry!” Vic squealed back, taking Kellin’s hand in his to examine it. The pain subsided quickly, and Kellin felt a smirk creep up on his lips. “Are you excited?” Kellin whispered; thinking about the fact that had Vic stared so intensely at their intertwined hands. “Yes.” Vic breathed out after a second, and moved closer so that their noses touched. Kellin smirked slightly, and squeezed Vic’s hand again. Kellin could feel his breath on his face, and it took all his self-control not to kiss him. “Kellin.” Vic sighed, closing his eyes and moving closer. “Mmm?” Kellin hummed. Their lips were millimetres apart; Kellin could almost not handle the excitement he felt inside. Butterflies were having a fucking party in his stomach and he felt all warm and happy. “I have to go.” That’s was it. That was the words Kellin felt as if he had been longing to hear for years and years. Wait, what? “What?” Kellin snapped back to reality, a blush spreading across his cheeks. What if he didn’t snap back to reality as fast as he did? He really was about to kiss this boy. “I have to go.” Vic repeated, an apologetic look in his big, brown, glittering eyes. Kellin couldn’t do anything but oblige, and soon they were on their way home.