Status: currently a one shot - feedback will make it a story

Cruise

got my eye on you

Max didn’t usually hit the Lifetime fitness near his apartment, he usually worked out at the arena, but he wanted to do a little extra balance work with his knee and he could also hit the steam room and sit for a while to let out his knots.

He had been on the bike for a while and was stretching on the second floor of the establishment - all glass in front of him that overlooked the pool below. The outdoor pool had closed for the season, but the waterslides and the indoor pool were still up and running. It wasn’t too busy for a Tuesday afternoon, but he was able to pick someone out of the thin crowd that looked familiar.

Mack was standing in the shallow end of the pool as she pulled Lulu along, floaties on both of her arms and a little turtle floatie around her waist. When he finished up his stretch, he turned to jog back down the stairs. He was planning on sitting in the Jacuzzi for a bit anyway, it wouldn’t hurt to say hello.

Besides, Mackenzie looked immaculate in that green bikini.

He checked his reflection in the mirror, fixing his hair a bit before heading out the opposite door of the locker room to the pool. The air was a little thicker there, and he was regretting his decision of not shaving his entire moustache off earlier in the morning like he planned. He was still rocking his Fu Man Chu style and it had gotten a little old.

He jumped into the separate lap pool, swimming a bit back and forth in the cool water to get his blood pumping again before crossing the tiled floor to the hot tub.

“Max?” He turned upon hearing his name, seeing Mackenzie giving him a soft smile.

“Well hello.” He greeted with a laugh, looking over to where Lulu was standing in the wading pool, playing with a spout of water as Mackenzie held a pair of goggles that she must have grabbed off of their stack of towels.

“Do you come here often?” She giggled and covered her mouth upon realizing her cliché question. “That sounded weird. Lulu and I come here once or twice a week and I’ve never seen you here.” She explained.

“I don’t come here a lot, I have a really basic membership because I mostly work out at the arena, but I just wanted to do my own thing today, plus you can’t beat the steam room.” He smiled, rubbing his hand over his moustache. “Enjoying your time with Lulu?” He asked, eyeing the little girl again as she played with the ruffles on her little two piece as they moved in the water.

“She loves to swim but it’s gotten just a little too cold for outdoors.” Mackenzie smiled. “Um, this is a little awkward, but I really need to use the restroom.” She bit her lip.

“I’ll watch her, go ahead.” Max insisted, nodding his head back towards the locker rooms.

“Thank you! I’ll be quick.” He wanted to pretend he wasn’t watching her jog away, but damn her body was nice. Max wandered over to the wading pool, taking a seat on the edge and smiling at Lulu as her big brown eyes looked up at him. “Hi Lulu, do you remember me? I’m Max, I’m a friend of your Mom’s.” He greeted as she eyed him up and down carefully.

“Where your puppies?” She asked, tilting her head, making him smile at the fact that she actually did remember him.

“’Dey are at home sleeping, ‘dey like to nap.” He smiled. “Are you a good swimmer?” He asked.

“I like to swim.” She nodded, “You can swim?” She asked, tugging at her water wings. “You need a floatie?” She offered.

“No, I have my own, thank you, though.” He insisted, helping her slide the water wing back up her arm. “Do you want to go into the pool and swim?” He asked. She nodded as they both stood. He walked over to the deeper pool and jumped a bit when her little hand took his. He looked down at her curiously.

“It’s slippery.” She explained, “Mama holds hands.” She added, to which Max nodded.

“Your Mama is a smart lady.” He nodded. Mackenzie reappeared from the restroom, crossing the tile floor and slipping into the pool beside Max and Lulu.

“Hi Mama.” Lulu grinned.

“Hi Lulu-belle, are you having fun with my friend Max?” Mack asked as her daughter doggie-paddled over to her. “Where’s your turtle, babe?” She asked.

“I got it.” Max insisted, pulling himself out of the water. Mack wasn’t shy about the way her eyes raked over the back muscles and arms as they flexed under his pull. She licked her lips gently and watched the way his swim trunks hugged his hips just before the wide swell of his ass. Damn he had a nice ass.

“Mama?” Her daughter snapped her out of her gaze, that, and there was no way Max couldn’t tell she was blatantly checking him out.

“Yeah baby girl?” She asked.

“Can we have treats tonight?” She plucked at the string of her mother’s top. Mack sighed and gave Max’s body one sidelong glance.

“I’m gonna need it, babe.” She assured her.

- - -

Three nights later, Mackenzie was back at Ropers. She hadn’t gone out looking for a hookup – just the opposite, actually. She was meant to meet up with some of the other ladies her age that worked at the courthouse, but Miriam, a receptionist, and Amelia, an attorney, both ended up bailing on her at the last moment.

But Mack hadn’t been out in a while and she already paid her Nanny for the evening.

When she spotted Max across the room, she couldn’t help but giggle at his flamboyant outfit. He donned cowboy boots, tight jeans, big, shiny belt-buckle and another red flannel shirt with a bolo. A dark cowboy hat topped off the look that was absolutely ridiculous.

She eyed him up as a little blonde in a pink dress chatted him up. Taking a drink of her vodka soda, she smiled at the bartender with the perfect smile.

“Well, hello there.” She turned to face Max who had saddled himself up beside her at the bar.

“Hi cowboy.” She grinned.

“Fancy seeing you here.” He replied, “And I have to say I do enjoy seeing you in those shorts.” She took a step closer to her, placing a hand on the small of her back.

“I’m not quite sure where you managed to wrangle up an outfit like that, but if you’d like to look like a real southern gentleman sometime, give me a call.” She laughed, her whole body turning to face him.

“I’ve got some friends that are Canadian cowboys and they assure me this is pretty close to correct.” He insisted, pulling at his red flannel top. “Besides, we know it’s not the clothes that make the man.” He winked, taking a drink of his highball glass.

“I’m quite sure you proved that when I ran into you at the pool the other day.” She smiled coyly, making him grin even further. His smile was both infectious and made her panties wet at the same time. He bought her a second drink when her first ran low and she considered asking him if he’d like to check out the new scented candles she bought for her bedroom when a manicured hand slid around the side of his shoulder.

“Maxime.” The lithe redhead purred, catching his attention.

“Rina, hello, how are you?” He asked. Mack looked away as the taller woman whispered something in his ear that she followed up with a giggle and a kiss to his ear.

“Are you a friend of Maxime’s?” She asked, finally turning to face Mack.

“An acquaintance, really.” Mack said, taking the last sip of her second drink. “But I was just leaving.” She took a step away from the bar. “Have a good night, Maxime.” She turned, strutting away in her heels. She thought maybe she’d go home for the evening. It was a long week anyway and she didn’t have the time or patience to try and lure Max away from his new treat.

“Mack, wait.” She turned once she got outside of the bar to see Max tailing her.

“Max.” She greeted.

“I… that girl and I, I met her a few years ago when I lived in Pittsburgh.” He explained. “I haven’t seen her in at least five years.” He added.

“Then it should be nice to catch up.” She shrugged, reaching in her purse for her keys.

“Let me drive you.” He insisted, “I’ve seen you have three.” He nodded down at the keys in her hand. She knew he was right, she really shouldn’t have been driving that night.

“I’ll call a taxi.” She replied, “You really don’t need to drive me home.” She insisted the opposite.

“I’m already here, I will drive you home.” He said with finality, taking her keys out of her hand.

“So then how do you plan to get home tomorrow, Mr. Talbot?” She asked.

“Well maybe, you could stay over at my place.” He suggested. “You have a nice place to sleep, I am home for the night, and in the morning, I can take you back to your car.” He explained, looping his hand through her arm and guiding her back towards his car. Mackenzie bit her lip as she felt the warmth of his hand at the small of her back. She had told her Nanny that she’d pick up Lulu in the morning, so she was covered for the night, though she did plan on spending the morning cleaning her apartment.

This however, could prove to be more fun.

“As long as you’re a gentlemen.” She purred in a way that made the hairs on his thighs stand on end.

“Of course, ma belle.” He returned, making her stomach quiver and her teeth worry her bottom lip between her teeth.

They returned to the apartment that she had been to once before, but this time was much less hazy and she could take in the details of the upscale pad. It was apparent he made money and that he knew how to spend it.

“Don’t mind me.” She smiled, wandering into his closet and closing the door behind her, reappearing a few moments later in a pair of his boxer shorts and a white, Hanes v-neck undershirt.

“Well you look comfortable.” He noted, leaning back on his elbows as he sat on his bed as she sauntered over to him. She straddled his hips, knees on his mattress as she slowly unbuttoned his flannel and pushed if off of his shoulders.

“I can’t imagine this is just as comfortable,” She tapped her nails against his obnoxious belt buckle, undoing the metal clasp and pulling the thick leather object through his belt loops before tossing it like a dead snake to the floor. “Tell me, Mister Talbot,” She leaned in, kissing his neck. “You wouldn’t have been lookin’ for me tonight at Ropers, would you?” She purred. Max was caught, but he wasn’t going to let her know that.

“Well the last time I hit Ropers, I managed to find a cute little country girl for myself, can’t blame a man for trying to strike gold twice.” He explained, smiling up until the moment she pressed her lips to his.

“You’re cute when you lie.” She laughed, pushing him down onto his back.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for putting up with the wait, everyone!
it is my finals week for my senior year of college,
and i've been super busy packing to move home!
please comment if you're enjoying the story,
i love hearing your opinions and ideas!
thanks!
xo