Status: Just started, slowly coming.

Freak Is Just a Word

Ambrosia

Being the odd man out was nothing new. She was different with her black hair, red bangs, and her clothing style. Most people gave her strange looks, and when they tried talking to her, she became tongue tied or was so blunt they couldn't stand it. Sometimes she just shut them out when others directed their conversations towards her, not wanting to deal with their gossip or failed attempts at understanding her.

They would want to talk about sports; cheerleading, football, the latest fashion, movies, or best parties. She on the other hand would want to talk about deeper, darker, meaningful topics.

Religion and people's thoughts on society caught her interest. She wouldn't say she was religious, she didn't fully follow the ways of the Christian like most of her family did, but she believed some aspects of it. She believed there was a heaven and hell and that man could end up in either one, and she understood that there was a greater power above them, God. She believed other parts of the great story of their almighty created too, but she didn't pray daily, didn't watch her mouth, and didn't go to church constantly, only at times to please her mother.

To others she was odd, strange, but to her it was just her being herself. Nothing was out of place. She was fine being a loner; letting people on could only result in getting hurt if they didn't understand. Grant it a she let a few people enter her life and only one hurt her. Two others stayed close, Dahlia and Trenton. They had her back and didn't want her to change a single thing like others did. They were happy with her being just plain old Ambrosia Sol Bennett.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a start to introduce our leading lady. Needed a bit of background on her. Comments throughout the story are much appreciated, gives me motivation. I'll have the next chapter up as soon as I can.