Status: Just started, slowly coming.

Freak Is Just a Word

Moving Day

The room was bare spare the furniture and the boxes that were scattered around the room. She couldn't believe the day was finally here. She was moving out of her parents' house, only a few hours away, but still she was leaving. Her and Trenton had been planning for this day long before high school graduation and through many setbacks, it was finally here.

"Are you sure you want to leave?" A voice called from the doorway. Ambrosia turned to see her mother, Tanya, standing there.

"Mom, Venice is only a few hours away. You can come visit from time to time and I'll make sure Trenton and I come back. Dahlia is staying here remember? We'll visit I promise." She replied walking to her mother and placing a comforting hand on her mother's shoulder which was short lived as her mother pulled her close.

Her mother may constantly badger her about religion and lifestyles, but she loved her mom. The woman did raise her and has put up with her crazy ways.

"I looked up your apartment online and there's a church you should check out. I think it will do you good."

"Mom, don't start. If I want to go to church, I will. I'm not a little girl anymore and can make my own choices. I respect your beliefs and decisions, please respect mine." Ambrosia said pulling back from her mother so she could begin loading boxes into her car.

"Just promise me you'll keep an open mind." Her mother sighed.

"Of course." She assured as she walked out of the room with two boxes.

"Oh and don't start shoving that coat hanger down your throat again." Her mother called after her.

"That I make no promises on."

Ambrosia was practicing in hopes one day she would be able to swallow a sword. The process of learning was taking a while though; she was having troubles getting the hanger all the way down and she had no one to talk to for tips. Her mother disliking the idea altogether didn't help either, but she would continue trying until she perfected it.

Putting boxes in the car didn't take long. As she was bringing the last ones down she noticed Trenton drive up, Dahlia in the passenger seat. Just as soon as Ambrosia closed the trunk of her car she felt arms wrap around her.

"Still can't believe you guys are leaving!" Dahlia exclaimed letting her friend go.

"We offered for you to move with us, but you're so set on continuing school right here."

"I know maybe one day I will."

"You're coming with us today though right?" Ambrosia asked

"Yeah 'cause that one has to use my car." Dahlia said pointing at Trenton who was approaching them after being stopped by Ambrosia's mother.

"What, I can't help that my car got totaled by some dumbass running a red light." Trenton defended.

"Yeah guess not." Dahlia agreed.

"Well I guess we best be going then." Ambrosia said looking towards her parents.

"Take care princess." Her father said giving her a hug. He pulled away and with a final hug from her mom, Ambrosia walked into the house to grab her cat and they were off.