Status: Just started, slowly coming.

Freak Is Just a Word

The Boardwalk

"Can you believe we're here?!" Trenton exclaimed as they unloaded the cars.

"I know, finally away from our parents constant nagging." Ambrosia agreed setting a box down and pulling out the hanger she practices with.

"I can't believe you two are leaving me." Dahlia said.

"We're only a few hours away, come visit us any time." Ambrosia responded as she prepared to swallow the hanger.

"Must you do that now?" Dahlia questioned slightly annoyed and worried.

"Yep." Ambrosia said before gliding the hanger down her throat. It didn't go far, getting caught and causing her to go into a fit of coughs a she pulled it out. "I have to practice Dahlia you know that."

"No one's forcing you, so you don't have to." Dahlia retorted.

"I want to be able to do it. I have to do it, for me. I thought you understood that."

"I do, I'm sorry. Just upset about you two moving and afraid your going to get hurt doing that stunt." Dahlia explained. Trenton wrapped his arm around her in a brotherly way.

"Yeah she scares the shit out of me too swallowing that thing."

"Look I'm being careful, can't you two just trust me?" Ambrosia asked with a roll of her eyes.

"We do, and we support your decision, we just worry alright. It's what friends do. So suck it up and deal with it." Trenton ordered and a smile broke the serious faces of the friends.

"Alright, what do you say we finish dropping boxes in here and go down the the boardwalk?" Ambrosia said and her two friends agreed.

They unloaded the cars as fast as their feet would carry them and holding as much as their arms would allow. Once everything was in the apartment and Ambrosia's cat was properly taken care of, they locked up, hoped in Dahlia's car and drove the short distance to the beach.

Everything was beautiful. The sun glistened off the water, and caused the trees to cast shadows along the ground. The only downfall was all the people. Ambrosia hated crowds, it was weird, she could handle the crowds at concerts, but when it was anywhere else she got tunnel vision and focused on escaping the throng of people.

Trenton and Dahlia's presence helped, but not much. It wasn't until they accidentally walked into a group of people gathered in front of one of the buildings lining the boardwalk. They managed to get to the front of the group where Ambrosia felt better about being surrounded by people and discovered what everyone was there for.

In front of them was a man with unusual red hair, walking around with a rod in his hand that was lit at the end. One guy was announcing the event that was about to unfold, informing the audience this man was known as Murrugun the Mystic. That's all Ambrosia caught of the announcement as her eyes scanned her surroundings, before seeing fire erupt into the sky. That was when she noticed the name of the place. Venice Beach Freakshow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well they have discovered the Freakshow. Thanks for reading and subscribing.

Special thanks to my first commenter:
Angel Von Ripper

Hope y'all are enjoying my story so far. Let me know what you think.