Status: Just started, slowly coming.

Freak Is Just a Word

Meeting Mister Morgue

Ambrosia made her way through the crowd of people with Dahlia and Trenton close behind. There was a bit of a line of people who had gathered to meet the performers, which made any confidence Ambrosia had fade.

"What do I say to him?" She asked quickly as she spun around to face her friends.

"I'd start by telling him your name." Trenton said earning a glare from Ambrosia.

"You're asking him about sword swallowing, not asking him out on a date. Relax." Dahlia stated trying to calm her friend's nerves. Meeting new people and starting a conversation was always difficult for the dark haired girl.

"So do I just say 'hey, I'm trying to learn to swallow a sword, have any advice for me'?" Ambrosia questioned.

"Never give up." Was the response heard, but it wasn't from Dahlia or Trenton. Ambrosia turned to find the person that responded, only to come face to face with Morgue.

"Um hi." Ambrosia mumbled just loud enough for him to hear. She knew they had moved up in the line as they spoke but she didn't realize how much they had moved.

"Hey." Morgue replied, waiting for her to say something else. Dahlia let out a sigh.

"Hi I'm Dahlia, that's Trenton, and this here is Ambrosia. She's a bit shy." Dahlia said placing her arm around Ambrosia.

"No worries." Came another voice as Asia joined the group. "Hi I'm Asia." She offered her hand to the three as well as a smile, which helped Ambrosia loosen up a bit and send a small smile in return.

"So you want to learn to learn the art of sword swallowing?" Morgue said clapping his hands together as he looked at Ambrosia. She nodded.

"Yeah, I saw an act a while ago and a guy swallowed a sword, I was in awe of it, but I saw the looks of the audience and I don't know, I've wanted to learn ever sense, I want to be able to put looks of shock and amazement on people's faces." Ambrosia said, confidence coming back to her some. "I've been practicing with a coat hanger; I researched and many have said that's the best to use while learning, but I can't get very far with."

"Well like I said never give up. If you want to learn I'd practice swallowing the hanger about ten times a day." Morgue instructed.

"Morgue taught me how to swallow a sword, it's really a great feeling see the looks on people's faces." Asia said with a smile. "You just have to be extremely careful."

"Yes, it's very dangerous, sword swallowing, not to be taken lightly." Morgue added.

"I'm determined to learn it. Everyone is against me learning, but I want to do it because it would make me feel good. I'd feel accomplished." Ambrosia said a smile painting across her face at the thought.

"That's a great attitude to have. How about this, tomorrow meet me here at the Freakshow tomorrow around noon, bring your coat hanger, and show me how far you can get it down so far." Morgue said then a thought crossed his mind. "You do live over this way right?"

"Yeah, we just moved here to Venice today actually." Ambrosia answered.

"Oh well then we can meet some other time so you can unpack and get settled if you want."

"No, tomorrow at noon is fine."

"Alright, until then." Morgue said a small smile pulling at his mouth.

"Mind if we get a picture with you two real quick?" Dahlia questioned holding up her camera. "We need a memory of moving day."

"Not at all." Asia replied. Dahlia found someone to take the picture and they all lined up. Ambrosia took the spot between Morgue and Asia for the picture. Asia stood close like her and Ambrosia were old friends Dahlia on her other side. Morgue on the other hand placed his arm behind Ambrosia resting his hand gently on her shoulder while Trenton rested his arm on his shoulder, much to Morgue's dismay, but he dealt with it for just one picture.

Thanks were said and confirmation of the time and meeting place was made before the three friends left the show. Ambrosia was excited about meeting Morgue the next day. She finally had someone to help her and couldn't contain the happiness she felt because of it, but there was something else that messed with her head. She didn't know what this feeling was, but she hoped she'd either find out soon or that it would go away for good.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one didn't turn out quite how I planned it, but I think it's okay. Hope y'all are enjoying this story. I'm used to writing longer chapters than this, but I think I like the short ones for this fic. What do y'all think?