Status: Updates should be regular!

London Calling

The End

Jen waited for Zayn to say something, but instead he moved to the corner of the room, away from her. He wouldn't met her eyes and his hands were balled into fists. He was angry, there was no denying it, but he had to understand. She needed to do this herself. It may have started out as her brother's fight, but it had evolved to her fight and only hers. There was no reason to bring Zayn or Jonathan into it. "Zayn..." Jen whispered, trying not to disturb the impending time bomb.

"Do you know how bloody stupid this was?" he asked her harshly. She flinched at the pure rage in his voice.

"I had to do this-- he--" Jen tried to sputter out but Zayn cut her off.

"YOU LEFT ME!" Zayn yelled at her. His brown eyes had finally met hers and she could see the fire in them. Pissed wasn't even the right word to describe him. In all their fights, Jen had never seen him this angry. He was looking at her with pure rage that she knew would not be quelled with an 'I'm sorry.' "I NEEDED YOU AND YOU LEFT ME!"

"Zayn no I didn't! I'm right here!" she yelled back.

"I have been so careful. I have skirted around you for as long as I've known you. I have always spared your feelings when I thought something might hurt you more than you have already been hurt. You couldn't have the same regard for my feelings? What was I going to do if you ended up joining your son? I LOVE YOU AND YOU THREW IT IN MY FACE!"

"I love you too much to see you get hurt! To keep you safe I had to do this by myself!" Jen yelled. Didn't he have any idea how she couldn't bear to see him get hurt because Doran was out to get her. In her mind this hadn't been Zayn's problem. The only reason he became involved was because Jen was not doing as Doran wished. Doran could have easily threatened one of her family members and she would have reacted the same way. She didn't need anyone to get hurt because of her. She was determined not to let that happen that she forgot she and Zayn were partners. They were supposed to figure things out together, but why would they have to do that when it was solely Jen's problem? I didn't seem fair to drag Zayn into something he had no purpose being in. Especially if that problem had a chance of getting him severely injured or God forbid killed.

Zayn gave her an incredulous look, "And you don't think I would've cared if you were injured? Do you think it was easier for me to just stand by helplessly and watch the woman I love fight for her life when two against one would have given us better odds to both come out unscathed? I assure you Jen, that if you had died physical pain would be the least of my worries." Why didn't she understand that in a relationship they were a package deal. If one had a problem, then it became the other's problem too.

"I WAS PROTECTING YOU!"

"No you weren't! You were being stupid and selfish! I would have been so much better if we handled Doran together! Maybe then you wouldn't be in a hospital bed! I can’t believe you think you had a right to decide what to do with my life. What would I have done without you? I don't think I can stomach the thought of being away from you, but its clear that you don't feel the same way. You were so willing and ready to leave me," Zayn yelled though he whispered the last part as his voice cracked with emotion. She could see the shine go out of his eyes. His face became unreadable. His eyes became full of anguish, like she had physically stabbed him in the heart. They held an unbearable amount of pain. Tears found their way down her cheeks as he walked out the door of the too sterile, too white hospital. She screamed his name over and over, begging him to come back to her though she knew in her heart that he never would.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it!