Still the One

X.

'Thanks for the movie tonight. I had a lot of fun.' I looked up to Daniel as we walked the path to my house.

'Well, thank you for sitting through Iron Man 3 with me.' he grinned cheekily running a hand through his short brown hair.

'Its fine. I dragged you to the Great Gatsby last week.'

'Oh! Are you coming to the game tomorrow?'

'Yes I am. 5 o'clock right?'

'Right. And bring your brother by too if he wants to go.' he confirmed with a nod before leaning down kissing my lips. 'Goodnight Libby.'

'Goodnight.' I smiled going into the house.

~*~

The next morning Tanner was sitting at the table with a bowl of cereal. 'So how was it?' I immediately questioned.

'It was good actually. She told me to call her so that's a good sign.'

'Way to go.' I poured myself a bowl of cereal as well. 'Daniel invited you and I to his game this afternoon, do you want to go?'

'Yeh, I'll go.' he agreed as we finished up our breakfast. 'Dad called.'

'Really? What did he say?'

'He was just wondering if maybe we could find time and try to come see mum.' Tanner shrugged his shoulders walking over to the sink.

'Would you want to?' I asked back.

'Not just yet.'

'Okay. But we will be going soon. We cannot just avoid our mother.' I put my bowl away as well then went upstairs to get ready for my day. I put on a pair of black leggings with a green crop top and my spiky flats. My hair was tossed into a messy ponytail with a matching green bow to show support for Daniel's team. Tanner and I slouched around the house until it was time to go the game. We pulled into the stadium's parking lot and got out. I grabbed the banner I just picked up from Zayn and Perrie's flat out of the car's trunk and looked at it.

Go Daniel! With #41 splattered in each corner. I had Zayn draw a small cartoon of Daniel kicking a ball in the center. 'Like it?' I held it up for Tanner to see.

'Yeh. It's nice.' he looked up from his phone before closing the trunk for me. I showed the man at the gate our passes and walked inside to a stadium filled with fans of both schools. We found good seats right in the front. Daniel spotted me and jogged up the stairs leaving the group huddle.

'You came!' he smiled hugging me. 'That for me?' he took the banner into his hands to study it. 'Wow babe. That is amazing. Thank you.'

'I had some help.' I giggled in return.

'We'll go out after the game, yeh?'

'Sure.'

'Alright I better get back to the lads.' he kissed me holding his lips there for a moment. I felt him smile against my lips before watching him run back to the field. It felt nice not hide or be afraid of who may be watching us. I could walk down the street with him actually holding hands, even kiss him in front of people without a care in the world. That was something that I always lacked with Harry. Secret dates. Hiding out at my place or his. When we did go out it was always hectic. I sighed to myself thinking of Harry before directing my eyes to the game which was now starting. I cheered and clapped for Daniel watching as he scored the first goal of the game. It was dark out when the game ended, his team winning by several points. I rushed down the stairs meeting him halfway. He swung me around in tight hug with a kiss of celebration.

'You did amazing.' I buried my face into his collar bone.

'Thank you babe.' he kissed my temple still holding me in his arms. 'You're just my good luck charm.'

'You're sweet.' we walked with our hands intertwined and Tanner slightly trailing behind. Everyone was calling out to Daniel causing him to wave and call out thank you in several different directions. 'Aren't you Mr. Popularity?'

'No. Far from.' he laughed shaking his head looking down at me. 'They're just wondering who the pretty girl is I'm with.'

'Can you drive?' I tossed my car keys to Daniel as we stopped in front of my car.

'Sure thing.' He opened my door for me before walking around to the driver's side door. I fastened my seat belt as he started the car then pulled out of the field. 'So where to?'

'I don't know. Tanner?'

'Nandos?'

'I was actually craving Nandos.' Daniel smirked turning onto the streets of London. 'Babe?'

'Nandos sounds good to me too.' The three of us went inside once we found a parking space. Daniel ordered the full platter while Tanner and I found a seat in the back. He slid down into the booth next to me wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I grabbed his phone off of the table and unlocked it since he told me his passcode not too long ago. I turned the front camera on and aimed it us. He smiled widely with his lips still on his glass. 'I love it!' I beamed sending it to my phone.

'Me too.' he set it as his lock screen setting his phone back down. 'See you babe.' he kissed my cheek as we sat in his driveway. 'Later Tanner.'

'Later.' Tanner repeated as Daniel got out the car. We drove back to the house where I immediately collapsed into the cool sheets.

~*~

That weekend I was bringing Daniel along with me to a get together at Danielle's. I held his hand as we walked into her flat she shared with Liam. Loki, their dog greeted me running around sniffing Daniel's red vans. 'Hey Loki.' I crouched down stroking loki's soft fur. 'Libby!' Danielle hugged me, 'I haven't seen you in days. Hey Daniel.'

'Hey. Thanks for inviting me.' he smiled.

'Such a gentleman.' she giggled, 'the drinks are over there and you've met everyone before.' I pulled him along grabbing two cups.

'That enough?' He paused halfway as he filled my drink, 'you know how much of a lightweight you are.' he said with a small smile.

'Yes.' I took the cup out of his hand then waited as he filled his a bit more than mine.

'I won't be drinking much tonight.' we intertwined our hands once again walking over to Eleanor, Louis, Perrie, Zayn, Liam, and Danielle.

'You know them and that's Liam's friend Andy and el's friend Max.' I pointed.

'Nice to meet you.' Daniel kept a hand on my waist as we all talked, 'yeah we could have a little match.' He agreed to Louis' challenge.

'Cool man.' Louis replied. Halfway into the night Harry was walking in dressed in a black t shirt, his hair was messy with some tall blonde on his arm along with Niall and that Amy girl. His eyes were fixated on me as he made his way over to everyone.

'This is Ruby, from the concert the other night.' Everyone exchanged worried looks from Harry to me.

'I'm Daniel.' Daniel made the first move sticking his hand out to Harry. Harry stood there with his lips in a tight line slowly shaking his hand.

'Harry. Her ex.'

'Uh yeah. I know.' Daniel responded awkwardly still holding me by my waist. 'Good to finally meet you.' I stared at Harry confused and shocked. His eyes didn't break their glance on Daniel nor me.

'C'mon.' I pulled Daniel out back sitting on the bench with him. 'I'm sorry.'

'Aha it's fine.' he laughed it off, 'I get it. I'd probably want to tear your next guy's head off too. I'm having a good time actually.' I rested my head on his shoulder looking at the large sun starting to set. 'C'mere.' he pulled onto his lap with head now on his chest. 'Its all good. Don't worry about it. Okay?'

'Okay.'

'Thats my girl.' Daniel ran his hand up and down my back sending chills through me. 'Lets get back to your friends.' I stood from his lap and held his hand tightly walking back into the flat.

'There you two are!' Eleanor smiled, 'worried you left.'

'No we're still here.' Daniel replied taking a small sip of his drink. My eyes glanced around the room looking for Harry. I spotted him and Ruby leant against the sofa snogging. Her skinny fingers made their way through his short curls. His hand firmly planted on her waist. My heart felt as if it was forcefully yanked out of my chest and stomped on. I looked up at Daniel who offered me a small smile not seeing what I was. I smiled back weakly looking down at my feet.