Still the One

XI.

Harry's Point of View

I finished my boxing lesson with my gym trainer absolutely shattered. 'Good job mate.' he slapped my back nearly sending me to the ground.

'Yeah. Just had a little extra motivation today.' I smirked to myself snatching up my water bottle. Last night I felt like crap after dropping off Ruby at her flat. I wanted it to be Libby but she's with that guy so I had a lot of extra frustration built up inside of myself. 'I'm gonna jog to cool myself down.' I waved grabbing my duffle bag up trudging to the Range Rover out in front of the fitness center. I climbed inside with a slam of the door headed to one of my favorite trails. I grabbed the headphones and my iPhone out walking over to the beginning of the trail. I put my headphones in and my favorite song by the Rolling Stones starting playing getting me in the mood for a good run. I gripped my phone in my hand tightly sprinting the trail instead of jogging. By the time I made it back to my car I was more worn out than I was leaving the gym. I slumped back into the seat turning the air conditioner on full blast immediately being cooled with the refreshing breeze. After sitting there for a moment I backed out of the parking lot and joined the line of traffic. I tapped on my steering wheel impatiently.

Libby's Point of View

'Thanks again for taking care of Lux.' Lou smiled, 'I couldn't get ahold of any of the other guys to find out where Harry is and we were in the neighbor as cliche as it sounds. And she misses you quite a bit. You and Harry were practically her second parents.' This was true. Harry and I were always watching Lux every chance we'd get. We take her out for ice-creams, kiddy movies, and frequent trips to the zoo.

'I missed her too.' I took sleeping Lux into my arms setting her down on the sofa.

'She's been sleep for awhile now so she'll be bouncing around pretty soon. There's some sliced fruit in her bag and her favorite toys. Thanks again Libby.' she waved before quietly stepping out the door. I sat down easily next to Lux's unconscious state and started jotting down some sentences in my journal. Tanner and Daniel were out on some trip with friends and wouldn't be back until later today so Lux was perfect company right now. Every now and again I would look up from my story and play with her thin blonde hair. With a small sniffle she raised on the sofa looking around at her surroundings. Her tiny bottom lip poked out and her little eyes frantically scanned the room.

'Hi Luxy. Your mum dropped you off her with me while she went to take care of grown up things, is that okay?' I set down my journal and pen on the coffee table. She nodded crawling the sofa to climb on me. 'I missed you.'

'Missed you.' she managed to get out slightly chocking me with her arms around my neck.

'Who told you that you could get so big?' I poked her belly causing giggles to escape from her mouth. I tickled her more causing an uproar of giggles. I placed her on my lap playing with her hair as she chewed on pieces of apples, bananas, and bits of strawberry. 'Can I have some Lux?' her tiny fist opened in front of me showing off a smushed banana. 'On second thought you keep that.' I laughed. Absentmindedly she stared at the screen which was on My Little Pony. I cleaned her face and hands once she finished eating all the fruit that she didn't drop on herself or the sofa. 'What do you want to do now?' I inquired as the the faded to the credits of My Little Pony.

'Toys.' she rolled her body off of the sofa and slowly walked to the pink bag on the floor. 'Play?' she unzipped it handing me her favorite giraffe, Sophie.

'I'd love to play.' I agree holding Sophie making her walk up Lux's arm. She pulled out every item in her bag including her change of diapers and a set of wet naps. 'Lux? Can I check your diaper?' she nodded laying down on her back. 'That needs to be changed.' I said aloud grabbing a new diaper and wipes. I changed her diaper then watched as she started playing with toys again. 'Lux. Want something to drink?' I called from the kitchen disposing of the diaper.

'Milk.' she babbled not leaving her toys. I got her sippy cup filling it with cold milk.

'There you go sweetie.' I sat down on the floor beside her playing with Sophie the giraffe.

hey want to get coffee? - Eleanor.

babysitting lux right now - Libby.

aw! the two of you finally reunited (: - Eleanor.

hah yeh she's so precious - Libby.

After awhile I stopped texting Eleanor and made plans with her to get coffee tomorrow morning. I turned getting more milk for Lux when I turned to see her poking away on my phone. 'Lux.' I laughed grabbing her up in my arms. 'What are you doing babe?' She giggled covering her face. 'Wanna play hide and seek. You go hide and I'll try to find you okay?' I set down door covering my eyes as I began counting. She stumbled away with the sounds of her laughter close behind. 'Ready or not here I come!' I called out uncovering my eyes. I checked the kitchen and under the sofa. I went into the bathroom to find lux curled up in the bathtub. 'I found you.' I poked her arm. She gasped standing in the tub as the door bell rang. 'C'mon Lux.' I took her hand in mine and walked to the front door. I stood on my tiptoes looking out the peephole to see Harry. I opened the door and he walked inside dressed in a gray tank top, gray shorts, white Nike socks, with gray Nike shoes, and black and yellow penguins SnapBack turned backwards. 'Oh, hey.'

'Hey.' he replied

'Ha-wee.' Lux beamed running to him as he scooped her up in his long arms.

'Hey darling.' He kissed her cheek rocking her in his arms.

'Play with us Ha-wee.' she squirmed for him to let her down.

'You have to ask Libby I don't know if she'd like that.' he stated causing her eyes to stare up at me.

'Uh, yeah sure.' I shrugged.

'Hide n seek.' lux tugged on Harry's arm. 'Ha-wee it.'

'Fine fine. I'll be it.' he gave in covering his eyes with his large hands. Lux ran back into the bathroom to get in her usual hiding space. I hid in the hall closet crouching down in the corner behind my umbrella and rain boots. Harry's footsteps creeped throughout the house. 'Lux! I found you!' He announced. 'Help me find Libby.' I sunk low in the closet scooting back as far as I good. 'Hm where could she be lux?' Harry walked past the door once again, 'you don't know? Me either?' I held back my laughter listening to him have a conversation with little Lux. 'Isn't she pretty today? Right Lux? Really pretty.' my heart swelled hearing what Harry had just said. The closet door opened and Harry bent down examining it. When I thought I was safe he grabbed my foot, 'found her!' the hallway light was on his face shining perfectly on his eyes. For a moment everything slowed around us as our eyes locked. I snapped back clearing my throat as I stood.

'I'm it.' I walked past Harry and into the living room. I covered my eyes and started counting once again. I found Lux this time under the kitchen table. I walked to all the rooms in the house but no sign of Harry. I stopped in front of my bedroom door and walked inside. Harry was standing there holding the picture of me and him i kept in my drawer.

'I needed to know,' he looked at me, 'I needed to know whether or not you kept it when you got with him.'

'I forgot it was there.' I lied.

'Why are you with him?' he demanded.

'I like him Harry. He's a good guy. Why are you with that girl Ruby?'

'I'm not with Ruby, we jus-... Wait are you jealous?' he smirked cockily.

'No. I'm with Daniel. I don't care what you do or who you see.'

'Why'd you ask?'

'Because you did.'

'He's a douche.' he blurted out setting the picture down.

'You don't even know him!' I spat turning my back to him.

'So you still fold your arms across your chest and turn away when you're trying to be mad at me.'

'Why did you kiss her? In front of me?' He opened his mouth when Lux grabbed ahold of my leg. 'Hi Lux.' she yawned as her eyes grew heavy. 'Nap time.' I lifted her up carrying her into the living room where she stretched out on the sofa.

'I better go ahead and take her.' he said sitting down next to her feet.

'Okay.' I sighed grabbing up her toys and sippy cup. I packed her diapers and wipes as well as her My Little Pony DVD. It wasn't going to be easy saying bye to Lux.

'You can keep her, if you'd like?' Harry offered looking at me. 'Lou gets back late tonight so I'll just let her know that Lux is here.'

'Thanks.' I set down the bag.

'See you around.' Harry waved kissing Lux's head. I followed him to his car.

'You never told me why you kissed her the other night and asked if I'm jealous.'

'Because I'm jealous, of him.' he climbed into his car and backed out of the driveway leaving me there thinking.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this is such a late update.. I've been really busy with the end of senior year and graduation