Still the One

XII.

After my coffee date with Eleanor this morning, I sat in my bed waiting for Daniel to come over so we can watch some movies together. In my head, I played my conversation with Harry last night as he stood against his Range Rover. He said he was jealous of Daniel. I couldn't believe it. The doorbell rang cutting into my thoughts, causing me to jump. I hurried to the door greeting Daniel with a passionate kiss, 'someone missed me.' he joked kissing my forehead pulling me to the sofa.

'I did.' I smiled turning on the TV getting comfortable with him on the sofa. I leaned my head on his chest while he wrapped his arm around me.

'Did you have a good time yesterday love?' he inquired as the movie began.

'Yes, I took care of baby Lux. She's so cute, you have to meet her.'

'I look forward to meeting her too.' he smiled back at me. 'I was thinking we'd go out on a date this afternoon before I have to be at my mate's tonight.' he suggested.

'I'd like that a lot.' I agreed immediately. 'When do you come back again?'

'The day after tomorrow.' he answered with a small frown.

'You're always leaving me.' I poked his rib. He stiffed out a laugh pulling me onto his lap.

'I know, babe. I hate it. But as soon as it's offseason, I'm all yours. We'll have the best time, I promise.'

'Good.' I settled into his lap looking at the TV. He rested his chin on my shoulder with his hands around my waist securely. 'All mine.' he chuckled against my ear making it vibrate.

'All yours.' he repeated as we focused on the movie. During the movie, Daniel would kiss my cheek drawing small circles into my back still holding me in place on his lap. 'I'm gonna go back to my flat to get ready for our date.' he said as the third movie ended, 'see you soon?'

'I'll see you soon.' we kissed each other goodbye then he left. I went upstairs taking a shower then got dressed in a plain white sleeveless hi-lo dress along with my favorite pair of studded flats then straightened my hair. Soon enough Daniel came back dressed in a black dress shirt dark jeans and black sneakers. 'You look great.' I complimented before he pulled me in for a kiss.

'Yet I'm still nothing compared to you.' he smiled taking me to his car. I slipped inside then he closed the door walking around to the driver's side. I held his free hand, as I always did when he drove. At every light he made sure to kiss my hand gently always smiling. We came to a stop at my favorite Italian resturant in the city. After being seated at a table tucked out away from everyone else we glanced over our menus.

'I always love how it smells in here. Like a bit of heaven.' I beamed soaking in my surroundings.

'I know it's your favorite, so I made reservations for us earlier today.' he replied. I leaned across the table kissing his lips as response before settling back down into my seat. 'Would you mind if we went to the field I left my bag there.' he said closing the door behind me.

'No, I wouldn't.' I shook my head fastening my seat belt. He started the car and began driving. Soon later we arrived at the field where he and his teammates practiced every day.

'I won't be long.' he started to get out of the car turning the radio on to entertain me in his absence. I unbuckled my seat belt and moved forward in the seat opening my door as well causing him to look at me.

'I'll help you look.' I insisted then followed him out the car. He grinned at me locking the car as his door shut. We walked through the dark field scanning for his duffle bag. The only light was coming from the moon which hid behind the tall trees. I slipped my arm through his, holding onto him tightly. I stumbled over his bag causing him to turn and place his hands on my waist so I wouldn't fall. I hid my face obviously embrassed by my clumsiness.

'Whoa.' he breathed out. 'That was a close one. You okay?'

'Uh huh.' I nodded my head looking into his eyes. 'Thanks.'

'Don't mention it babe. I'm here for you for whatever.' before I could respond his lips were pressed to mine. His hands moved from my waist to my cheeks holding me there. I drapped my arms around his neck kissing him back with just as much passion. The sprinkler system went off soaking me from behind. Daniel pulled back trying to hide his oncoming laughter.

'That's great.' I laughed as well running to the side.

'C'mere love.' he dug in his duffle bag pulling out one of his jerseys. 'It's clean, don't worry.' I smiled pulling the jersey over my dress. 'It looks great on you.' I took his hand as we walked back to his car.

'Tonight was perfect.' I placed my hands on each side of his shoulder leaning up to kiss him. The kiss deepened further and further as we stood on my front porch. He pulled back blinking down at me with a cheeky smile, 'goodnight.' he said with one more peck.

'Goodnight.' I repeated as i went into my house out of breath. I slipped the dress from under his jersey before climbing into my bed. As always the next morning I checked my phone to see a message from Daniel.

just getting to matthew's. and i cannot sleep because of you. im just laying here like an idiot with this smile on my face because of how amazing you are. i had the best time with you tonight. it was absolutely incredible. thanks for being the best girlfriend any guy could ask for. i literally cannot wait to get back to be with you again. anyway this all sounding a bit cheesy. i hope you're sleeping well and you probably have that cute pout you always get when you sleep. aha see you soon babe xx.

I smiled as if I were kid on Christmas morning rolling out of bed. I glanced at myself in the mirror, my hair was in a knotted bun at the top of my head and I was wearing Daniel's football (soccer) jersey. As I sat down at the kitchen table there was a soft knock against the door. I sighed sliding over to the door. I opened to see Harry standing there dressed in a white tank top and gym shorts with a pair of Nike shoes. He stared at me as he looked down placing his hand on his bottom lip. I looked at the skinniness of his long fingers, his middle finger shined with some kind of ring. 'uh I.' he sighed heavily taking his hand away from his mouth. 'Nice shirt you have there.' he pointed out, obviously sarcastically. I folded my arms across my chest leaning against the door.

Harry's Point of View

On the way to the gym this morning I decided to stop by Libby's to talk to her. I wanted her back, I didn't care who knew or even if she was with that guy. I needed her back in my life, I wanted to call her mine again. Screw the people who didn't like it and screw managment. Libby was the best thing that ever happened to me. So this morning my mind was made and I was going to tell her how I felt. I drove there not talking myself out of it. With a deep breath I knocked on her door. Moments later, she answered the door. I could tell she just woke up. Her hair was a mess and she didn't have an ounce of make up on but she was beautiful. My eyes fell on what she had on. She was wearing that guy's jersey. I lost it. I started stumbling over my words like a complete idiot. She folded her arms across her chest and blinked at me. I stared at her lips, so soft looking. I wanted to press her against the nearest wall and kiss her with everything I had in me. She probably wouldn't react well to that, so on second-thought I'll hold off on the kiss. 'Is there a particular reason you're here?' she finally asked.

'I-...' my voice broke off. She made me so nervous for some reason. I sighed shaking my head before walking back towards my Range Rover.

'Harry!' her voice rung, sending chills through my body.

'Yeah?' I asked hopeful not turning to face her.

'Your tire is looking low.' she said back. I scoffed to myself nodding my head.

'Thanks.' I climbed into my car and peeled out of her driveway.

Libby's Point of View

I almost told Harry I wanted him. I almost told him. I called his name out as he walked away, suddenly Daniel flashed in my head. Daniel was the perfect boyfriend and friend to me I couldn't hurt him. He was the person I'm supposed to be with. 'Your tire is looking low.' I said to Harry instead. Daniel, is the person I should be with. Not Harry.