Still the One

XV.

Harry's Point of View

'Uh, yeah. Sure.' she bit down on her lip nervously. I held back my smirk at how I still managed to make her nervous. She blinked up at me innocently, like a sweet little rabbit or something. 'What's up?' My heart was racing and my legs felt like jello underneath me. I rubbed my palms together feeling the sweatiness. I didn't just make her nervous, she made me nervous too. I think that's one of the reasons we were so good together. 'Harry?'

'I came by your place, uh the other day. And I was hoping to talk to you.' I stuttered horribly. She nodded her head holding on to my every word. 'I, uh.' my words lost their way from my lips.

'Libby, come see this.' Eleanor called to her. She turned back towards me waiting.

'Talk later?' she wondered before walking off with the girls. I sighed covering my face wanting to shout out how I'm the biggest idiot in London. Just tell her. Tell her now. Do it. Now or never.

'Wait!- Libby!' I blurted out causing everyone to stare. Smooth. Real smooooth Styles. She cocked her head to the side staring at me confused. 'Can we talk, outside.' I said lower this time, maybe it would be easier if we were alone.

'Okay?' she followed me out the door and into the parking lot. I leaned against my car waiting for her to catch up. 'Are you okay Harry? You're acting quite weird.' she stiffed out an uncomfortable laugh.

'Libby, I want you back.' the words spilled out of my mouth before I had a chance to think about what I was going to say.

'W-what?' she asked, her mouth forming into an O.

'I want you back.' I repeated more calmly.

'Harry.' she whispered looking up at me. She was so tiny, it was cute. 'Are you serious?'

'Completely serious.' I confirmed.

'No, you don't know what you're saying.' she shook her head from left to right.

'Libby.' I groaned impatiently, 'I want you back.'

'No.' she said sternly causing me to take a step back. 'I can't do this Harry.'

'Why?'

'Because.' she peeped out.

'That's not an answer.' I replied placing a hand on her waist, she didn't take it away either. 'Why can't we Libby?'

'I-I need to g-go.' she quickly went back into the flat. By the time I made it back up, she was saying goodbye to everyone. I followed her back down to her car blocking her door.

'Libby.' I grabbed her arm holding her there. As an impulse, I smashed my lips against hers. Her restraint loosened before her arms fell to her sides. She pulled back speechless as did I. She climbed into her car driving away. I went back into the flat rejoining everyone else.

'What did you and Libby talk about?' Liam inquired sitting down beside me.

'Nothing.' I shook my head touching my lips. 'Nothing much.'

Libby's Point of View

I was on my way home probably driving over the speed limit but I wasn't paying attention. Harry wanted to get back together, but that wasn't even the biggest thing. He kissed me. Harry and I kissed outside the cars just a few moments ago. I have a boyfriend. Daniel. Oh my God, Daniel. What would he say? Do I tell him? Of course you tell him. You have to tell him. 'Hey, can I come over?' I asked Daniel over the phone.

'Of course babe.' he responded. I could see the smile on his face right now. I drove to his flat and parked along the curb. His roommate answered the door letting me inside. Daniel was sitting on his bed writing down something in his journal. 'Are you alright?'

'Yeah.' I nodded my head sitting down beside him, 'what are you doing?'

'Uh, trying to say something to you without sounding dumb.'

'What?' I wondered curiously.

'Um.' he pursed his lips clearing his throat, 'I love you Libby White.' A small squeak escaped from my lips. No. God. please no.

'I-...' my voice broke off.

'You don't have to say it back right now. I didn't say it to hear it back. I said it because it's what I'm feeling.' Daniel continued. I sat there speechless trying to find the strength to say anything back.

'I, uh- I'll see you later.' I stood walking out of his bedroom. Daniel didn't follow me, he probably just wanted to give me time to think about what he just said. I pulled away from his house stopping at a nearby stop sign. Harry told me he wants me back and Daniel told me he loves me. All within the last hour. Hoooonk! I looked up in my rear-view mirror to see a woman with her face frowned up. 'Sorry!' I fanned my hand in her direction before driving across the road. I needed someone to talk to. Danielle, Eleanor, and Perrie would just advise me to get back with Harry. The girls from the other night would probably advise me to forget Harry. I needed an unbiased opinion from someone.

'So, what do you think?' I looked up at the elderly man sitting beside me on the bench in the park.

'Which one's Harry again?' he wondered not following my story.

'Never mind.' I shook my head pinching the brim of my nose. Harry or Daniel? Daniel or Harry? There's Harry. Harry and I have quite the past and I've never fully gotten over him. Harry's sweet and quirky, does anything for me when he can. But he's always gone. And that'll never change, it's his job. On the other hand, you have Daniel. He's funny, sweet, smart, sensitive, and makes me happy. There's no drama included with Daniel. No fans sending death threats or news stories about me every time I turned around. They were both amazing guys in their own little ways. I sighed out in frustration standing from the bench. I walked the park's trail along with joggers and dog walkers. I folded my arms across my chest kicking a small pebble as I walked. I needed to get out and away from everyone right now. I walked back to my car and started the engine driving to my dad's house. I softly knocked on the door and Tanner let me inside after giving me a tight hug.

'What's on your mind?' he plopped back down on the sofa resuming his game of FIFA 13.

'Um, Harry kissed me and Daniel said he loved me.' I stared blankly at the floor. The game returned to the menu.

'You're joking right?'

'No.' I retorted, 'I don't know what to do.'

'I like them both. Which do you like more?'

'I like them both too, equally.'

'Nah, you have to like one a bit more than the other. Even by the slightest amount.' Tanner began tapping away at the buttons on his controller. I pulled my lips into my mouth silently watch him as he played. 'They're both upright lads.'

'Yeah, and I don't want to hurt either of them.' he nodded his head in response, 'how's mum?'

'She blew up over the smallest thing this morning and she's been sleeping ever since.' Tanner informed me. 'Dad tried to remind her about it but she was so extreme about it.' I frowned sadly, poor dad. 'she asked about you.'

'She did?' I looked into his direction.

'Yep.' he answered not taking his eyes off of his competitive game. 'It was so random. I was telling her about making the football team and she just blew it off as if it was nothing.'

'I'm sorry, Tan. You know she cares, though. She just doesn't show it very well, that's all.' he shrugged his shoulders.

'I guess.' my dad quietly made his way through the hallway and pulled me in for a hug.

'Hi daddy.' I hugged him back.

'Hello, sweetheart. How are you?'

'I'm good.' I closed my eyes feeling secure in my dad's arms. After a little over an hour, I decided to return back to my flat. I said goodbye then walked out to my car. In the driveway I turned my phone back on and waited as it came on. Immediately it chimed and beeped with several different notifications.

hey babe i'm sorry ): i don't want to creep you out our anything - Daniel.

okay just text me when you want okay? - Daniel.

you can't avoid me forever lib - Harry.

we should really talk - Harry.

I turned my phone back off and backed out of the driveway. I went home to my empty flat trying to clear my head of all this.