Still the One

II.

It was practically afternoon when i woke the next day. After my run-in with Harry last night I didn't get much sleep. I had a late class today at the local uni so unfortunately I had to part from my bed. As I was showering I couldn't but think about seeing him last night. His dark curls were tucked under a blue beanie, he wore a black tshirt showing off a small bit of the bird tattoo on his chest. I remember saying his name barely audible. He blinked hard and fast as he stared at me. I grabbed Danielle's arm then hurried out of the club not looking back. I sighed forcefully turning off the water in the shower and stepping out. I got dressed then tossed my hair that was still knotted into a bun then slipped on a pair of flats. My flat was empty and quiet, besides a faint sound coming from the television. I grabbed my back pack and purse then locked the door going to the black Ford Escape parked in the driveway. I arrived at the uni then went to my class finding a seat next to Eleanor. 'Hey love, how are you?' she peeped with a small smile.

'Tired.' I answered plainly getting out my textbook and journal ready to jot down notes. 'Cant sleep later because I promised Perrie I would go to her show tonight.'

'Oh yeah. I nearly forgot about that.' She gasped slightly.

'Are the guys coming?' I dropped my pencil looking at her. She turned her head looking the other way to avoid the question, 'El.' I started.

'Louis is for sure, Liam, and obviously Zayn. I think Niall, maybe Harry.' she replied nervously. I pursed my lips sitting there silently. Eleanor opened her mouth to say something when the professor walked into the room closing the door. She glanced over at me but then focused on the lesson.

'I'll see you tonight.' I waved readjusting my backpack on my shoulder.

'Good so you're not bailing?' She smiled excitedly.

'Of course not, I wouldn't miss Perrie's show. Later.'

'Later babe.' She waved walking to her Prius as i climbed inside my car. I started the engine and pulled out of the parking lot. As I stepped into my flat my phone was ringing.

'Uh, hey dad.' I answered placing a hand on my hip.

'Hey sweetheart. I thought I would call seeing how you didn't make it to dinner Sunday night.' My dad's voice stated.

'Yeah, school work has been quite hectic.' I closed my eyes.

'We missed you here.' he sighed heavily, bringing on the guilt.

'How is she?' I asked sitting down on the sofa.

'She's,' he paused for a brief moment, 'well. She's back in therapy so that's helping her.'

'Good.' I kicked my feet back and forth.

'She misses you Libby.' My dad responded sending a lump in my throat.

'Dad, i have a lot of school work so could we talk another time?' I lied feeling more guilty.

'Alright sweetie. I won't keep you. But just promise me you'll consider coming to see her.'

'I promise. Love you.'

'Love you Lib.' with that I hung up the phone and went into my bedroom to get ready for the night. I shook the thought out of my system and searched for an outfit. I decided on a black long sleeve lace too, a floral skirt, and black heels. When I arrived at the venue Perrie was on the stage with the rest of the members of Little Mix doing a run-through of their show.

'Libby!' Perrie clapped waving her hand at me. 'So happy you came.' She spoke into her mic.

'Wouldn't miss it.' I replied hugging her and the rest of the girls.

'Love the outfit.' Jade pointed her finger at me.

'It is cute.' Leigh-Anne nodded her head in agreement. Jesy and Perrie smiled approvingly.

'Thanks.' I sat down in the front row watching as they finished their rehearsal.

'Lets go into my dressing room.' Perrie pulled me along through an empty hallway. I sat on the sofa in the room fumbling with my fingers, 'what's the matter?' She frowned from across the room.

'Nothing.' I plastered a smile onto my face. She eyed me for a moment but then turned back to her set outfits. Soon, Danielle and Eleanor arrived with Liam and Louis then Zayn.

'Sorry I'm late babe.' He handed Perrie a bouquet of bright pink roses. 'I went to three different shops for those.' She smiled wrapping her arms around his neck for a hug.

'Long time no see.' Louis joked directed his eyes on me. I cracked a small smile with a shrug.

'Hey peeps.' Niall walked into the dressing room dropping his phone into his jean pockets.

'Niall here's your-...' Harry stopped mid-sentence staring at me, 'here's your drink pal.' he turned to Niall. Harry was dressed in a loose fitting white tshirt showing off his chest tattoo once again, red black and white flannel which was open, dark jeans, with a black snapback turned backwards and his favorite pair of boots.

'Thanks bro.' Niall gestured his head once and plopped down into a chair near the door.

'Two minutes until show time.' A stage director informed Perrie.

'Got it.' She called back standing up. Zayn kissed her hands and murmured good luck to her. We went out to our seats in the audience as the lights dimmed. I felt a couple of eyes on me as I stood with Danielle and Eleanor and the guys just a few feet away. People were bound to blow this out of proportion with Harry and I in the same room. I clapped as the girl appeared on stage and began the show. During the show Danielle, Eleanor, and I were cheering her on dancing along with the songs having a good time. I looked over to Harry who seemed to be looking at me in the same moment. He turned his head looking back towards the stage awkwardly and I did the same.

~*~

After the show we all were in Perrie's dressing room congratulating her on her good performance. Eleanor and Louis left after awhile, then Liam and Danielle as well. 'I'm gonna go.' I hugged Perrie.

'Alright. Text me, okay?' She replied hugging back.

'I will. Nice seeing you guys. Talk soon.' I waved over to Niall and Zayn. They waved back and I left the room. I walked into the near empty backstage area digging through my purse for my car keys.

'Libby.' Harry muttered nearly inaudible. I turned startling him. 'I didn't mean to say that, that loud.'

'Okay.' I shifted my weight standing there.

'Are you, uh leaving?' He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

'Yeah, I'm gonna get back to my flat and call it a night.' I nodded my head, probably too many times.

'Let me walk you to your car then.' He offered, 'it's late and dark out.'

'Oh it's fine. I'm just right there.' I pointed to my car no more than 15 feet away.

'Okay. Nice seeing you tonight.'

'Nice seeing you too Harry.' I walked out the side door and to my car getting inside and driving away.

Harry's Point of View

I bit down onto my lip running a hand through my hair then placing my hat back on. There she was, again. Practically in my reach yet still so far away. Two nights in a row though I don't know whether not to consider last night anything. I had too many drinks but sobered quickly when that familiar voice called my name. We stared at each other for no more than five seconds before she left with the girls. I couldn't even think to say a single word back. God, she probably thinks I'm the biggest idiot in town.