Still the One

XX.

'What was that?' Harry breathed as we pulled apart. Somehow we had made over to his sofa.

 

'I.. uh-..' I stuttered horridly.

 

'How about we go on a date to tonight and you can tell me then maybe?' Harry cut in with a smile.

 

'Okay.' I agreed.

 

'Alright how about 8?'

 

'8 is good.'

 

'Would you want to stay for a bit?'

 

'Uh huh.' I nodded my head. Harry smiled at me turning on the TV, 'what were doing before i barged in?' I inquired settling against his arm.

 

'Nothing actually. Was writing some new material for the new album.' he shrugged.

 

'Can I hear?'

 

'Not yet.' He shook his head, 'but I promise you'll be one of the first.'

 

'Okay.' I looked at the TV. Harry and I watched an old action movie together. After a while he decided to walk me out.

 

'How'd you get here?' He asked looking down the road.

 

'I, ran.' I laughed slightly.

 

'What? Really?' I nodded in response gesturing to my outfit. 'You ran all the way to me?'

 

'That sounds really silly.' I laughed.

 

'No. It doesn't.' Harry piped in kissing my cheek. 'I'll give you a lift.' He hurried back in the house and grabbed his keys off the table. I got inside the passenger seat of his vintage car and fastened my seat belt. 'I'll see you in a bit.' Harry walked me to the door.

 

'I'll see you then.' I went inside my flat and into my room. I showered and washed my hair then pulled on a big shirt to get ready for my date. First i did my makeup, then curled my hair. I grabbed the red dress I bought not too long ago out the closet and laid it across the bed. I glanced over at the clock it read 7:33. I pulled on the dress that stopped above my knee. I paired the dress with black pumps. I stared at myself in the mirror nervous. Ding Dong. I looked at the clock 7:59. He was right on time. I smiled looking at myself once more heading to answer the door.

 

Harry's Point of View

 

I wiped my free sweaty palm on my dark jeans. In my other hand was a single red rose. Why are you so nervous? She's was your girlfriend. You've been through this before. You got this. Why am i talking to myself? Libby opened the door in this little red dress that hugged her body perfectly. Her dark hair was curled falling on her shoulders. My heart pounded just staring at her. 'You look so beautiful.' I looked down at her.

 

'Thank you.' She smiled, 'you look good too. Is that for me?' she pointed to the rose in my hand. I handed it to her and took her other hand to my Range Rover. I opened the door and closed it. I hurried around to the driver's side and started the car. 'So.' She paused, 'where are we going?'

 

'Its a surprise.' I answered smirking over at her.

 

'Well, can I have a hint?'

 

'Nope.' I kept my eyes on the road ahead of me.

 

'Fine.' she retorted popping her bottom lip out. I smiled shaking my head.

 

'It's not far.'

 

Libby's Point of View

 

I was sitting in Harry's car on our way to a secret location. I looked over at Harry who stared out the windshield. He was dressed in a white dress shirt and dark jeans. His silver watch shined on his wrist as it gripped the steering wheel. We pulled into a parking lot with nothing but a small building. 'Where are we?' I wondered.

 

'Come on.' Harry opened the door and took my hand. I held onto his hand as we walked through the parking lot. We entered the building and it was empty.

 

'Mr. Styles.' A man dressed in white approached us.

 

'Ramon. Thank you for doing this on such short notice.'

 

'Anything for you. One of my best customers. And this must be Libby?'

 

'Hi.' I chimed.

 

'Very pretty Mr. Styles.'

 

'Thank you.' I responded.

 

'Right this way.' He signaled us to follow him. We sat down at a table set for two. 'I'll be back shortly.' Ramon walked away.

 

'You have such a variety of friends.' I looked across at Harry. He stiffed out a laugh nodding his head.

 

'I've known Ramon for a long time.' Harry replied as he lifted his glass to his lips. 'I was meaning to ask earlier, since when is running your new way of transportation?' he joked.

 

'I didn't run directly from my flat. I was jogging at the moment.' I explained to him. Harry turned away to smile widely. Ramon returned and placed to plates in front of us. 'My favorite.' I looked down at the plate of chicken alfredo.

 

'I remembered that too.' Harry spoke up. Dinner was actually really nice, we just talked about a little of everything. We shared the dessert with each other.

 

'I'll be right back.' I said grabbing my small clutch and walking to the ladies room. I grabbed my a mint out my clutch and popped it into my mouth. I ran my fingers through my hair messing it up a little. I rubbed my lips with my favorite Eos. You're ready.

 

Harry's Point of View

 

Libby just went to the ladies room to freshen up. Now's my chance. I dug in the pocket of my blazer and got out a piece of gum. I chewed it quickly rubbing my sweaty palms together. As Libby made her way back to the table I stood up. I took her hand and walked to the front of the building. 'Thank you for everything Ramon.' I waved.

 

'You are very welcome Mr. Styles and Miss Libby.' he replied shaking our hands. I placed my hand on Libby's midback as we walked to the car. She didnt seem to mind so that was a good sign. I opened the door for her and closed it afterwards. I got inside and started the car. I drove to a field and stopped the car.

 

'What are we doing?' she asked curiously.

 

'I don't know.' I shrugged getting out the car and crossing over into the field.

 

'Harry!' she called after me, 'hang on!' I turned to see her taking off her heels bringing her back to her tiny self. I chuckled to myself coming to a stop. 'Phew.' she breathed. 'What are you up to Styles?' she questioned.

 

'Just a late night stroll.' I tried my best to hide my smile. I was hoping that Libby would be impressed by this.

 

'What's that?' she pointed to the white light wrapped around a tree up ahead.

 

'That's odd.' I shrugged.

 

'That's so pretty!' She beamed as we got closer, 'did you do that?'

 

'I don't know.' we walked underneath the tree. 'What's that?' I pointed at letters carved in a tree.

 

'Hm. I don't know.' she squinted at the tree. 'Let's. Try. Us. Again.' she read slowly, 'let's try us again?'

 

'Libby, do you want to be my girlfriend, again?' I asked nervously.

 

'Yes.' she nodded her head. Immediately, I grabbed her face and kissed her. I could taste flavored lip balm she used. 'I've been waiting for you to ask since this morning.' she admitted.

 

'Well I'm sorry I took so long.'

 

'You're forgiven.'

 

Libby's Point of View

I wrapped my arms around Harry's torso resting my head on his chest. We were sitting under this tree that Harry lined with sparkling white lights. Harry softly hummed a familiar song into my ear with his hand gently running up and down my spine. My eyelids grew heavier and heavier the more I listened to Harry. 'Are you tired?' he whispered. I shook my head lazily not bothering to look at him. I felt myself being lifted into the air and then I remember hearing the car door close. 'Lib, we're at your flat.' Harry lightly tapped me. I opened the door and stumbled out of the car. 'Whoa. Whoa. Slow down.' Harry's arms were around me. 'Do you have the key?' I handed it to him and he unlocked the door. I was lifted again then placed in my bed. 'Goodnight beautiful.' Harry leaned down kissing my lips.

 

'Goodnight.' I muttered rolling in the bed falling back into a deep sleep.