Still the One

XXV.

‘And the math?’ Harry inquired curiously pulling away from curb. I looked back at the school where I just had a run-in with my ex-boyfriend Daniel. His school’s training room was under construction so his team would be several times during the week. That means I’d be running in to him quite a lot in between classes and what not. Harry’s eyes were fixated on me which snapped me back into reality.

‘Math was terrible. That teacher has some issues there.’ I shuddered from the thought of my new math professor. ‘I told her I preferred to be called Libby instead of Elizabeth and she says she’ll address me as Miss. White. And I literally demanded I sat in the front.’ I rambled on while Harry patiently listened.

‘Well, Miss. White…’ he paused with a smirk, ‘I have complete faith in you.’

‘Thank you.’ I smiled feeling happy with Harry, ‘how was your morning?’

‘I went back and took a nap. Then Niall called. And I came back to pick you up.’ He chuckled looking over at me briefly.

‘You’re such a rock star.’ I teased shifting in my seat. Harry eyed me holding back that cheeky smirk of his. ‘Such an exciting life you live.’

‘It’s about to get crazy again for a bit. We’re going to America for some more press junkets and the premiere in New York City.’ Harry explained. I frowned looking down at my feet on the floor of his car.

‘I have class.’

‘Yeah, I realized that. I wish you could go the timing is just horrible. I’d change it if I could.’ Harry gave my hand a tight squeeze, ‘I’ll be in the states for three days tops then I’ll be back for you.’

‘You did not just quote your own song.’ I stiffed out a laugh looking at him.

‘That was just a coincidence!’ he defended through his laugh, ‘but in all seriousness time will go by faster than you’ll realize with your classes and all.’

‘That’s never true.’ I looked down at our intertwined hands, ‘but okay. When do you leave?’

‘Um tomorrow night.’ He closed his eyes briefly turning away from me.

‘Harry!’ I pulled my hand away from his to slap his arm, ‘you know I hate when you hold it off until the last minute.’

‘I’m sorry! It completely slipped my mind until Niall called.’

‘Well, I’m sorry for hitting you.’ I patted his arm apologetically.

‘So, would you like to get that tattoo now?’ he grinned over at me. I swallowed hard, ‘backing out again?’

‘Will you stay the entire time?’

‘I promise.’ He nodded his head.

‘Okay.’ I agreed scrolling through my camera roll as Harry turned onto another street. I pulled up a picture of the tattoo I wanted for months now. I looked down at my phone rubbing my inner wrist. We arrived at the same tattoo shop where Harry got his most of his tattoos. I held his hand walking into the building. ‘Don’t you have to make an appointment?’ I whispered into his ear as we walked up to counter.

‘Not me.’ He smirked shaking the man’s hand.

‘Harry!’ the man exclaimed, ‘haven’t seen you around here in a while.’

‘Yeah I’m trying to slow down a bit.’ Harry replied with a laugh, ‘this is my girlfriend, Libby. She’s getting her first tattoo today.’

‘You look scared.’ The man chuckled loudly. I held onto Harry’s hand tighter than I had when we walked into the door. Harry felt my grip and began stroking my hand with his thumb. ‘Let me just get you to sign this paperwork before we begin.’ He slid me a piece of paper across the counter before walking away.

‘You know, babe you don’t have to do this if you’re not fully comfortable.’ Harry leant down and whispered into my ear. I looked up at him with a small smile.

‘I do want to.’ I nodded my head, ‘it’s just nerves but I keep putting it off and I don’t want to anymore.’

‘Alright, show me what you want.’ Harry said as I filled out the papers. I finished up and handed it back to the man covered in tattoos. I showed Harry the picture of the three tiny birds I was planning to get on the inside of my wrist. ‘I like it a lot.’

‘Thank you.’ I smiled before directing my eyes back over to the man.

‘Come on over here.’ Harry and I followed him over to the tattooing area. I sat down in a black leather chair then extended my arm so he could clean my wrist. Harry held my phone up so the tattooist could see just where I wanted my tattoo. ‘It’s a place with not a lot of meat so it’s going to hurt a bit.’ Harry extended his free hand and I slipped my fingers through it.

‘Just relax.’ The tattooist turned his back getting his tools. I exhaled deeply looking into Harry’s captivating eyes. The tattooist started up the tattoo needle and moved it closer to my wrist.

‘Look at me.’ Harry advised, ‘focus on me.’ I nodded my head feeling the tattooist slowly inched closer to me. ‘Don’t let me. Don’t let me. Don’t let me go. Cause I’m tired of feeling alone. Don’t let me. Don’t let me. Don’t let me go. Cause I’m tired of feeling alone.’ Harry sung. I squeezed his hand tight causing him to bite his lip. ‘Don’t let me go.’

‘Is it almost over?’ I kept my hands on Harry’s.

‘Not quite. Hang in there.’ He carefully kissed my lips. ‘You’re doing amazing.’

‘Can you sing again?’

‘I promise one day that I’d bring you back a star. I got one and it burned a whole in my hand oh. Seems like these days I watch from afar. Just trying to make you understand. I’ll keep my eyes wide open. Don’t let me. Don’t let me. Don’t let me go. Cause I’m tired of feeling alone. Don’t let me. Don’t let me. Don’t let me go. Cause I’m tired of feeling alone.’ Harry sung softly. The entire time my eyes never left his.

‘All done.’ The tattooist announced. Harry offered me a smile saying how proud he was. I looked down at the three tiny birds on my wrist.

‘I love it!’ I smiled as he wiped my wrist lightly.

‘It’s going to be sore for a couple of days. Follow these instructions and you’ll be good.’ He handed me a piece of paper. ‘Thanks for service. Harry, nice seeing you.’

‘Thanks pal.’ Harry took my hand and we walked out the building. ‘Babe, it’s nice.’ He eyed my wrist. A couple of girls ran from across the street up to us. Harry took pictures with them while I waited inside the car. He climbed in beside me and started the car. ‘Those fans just asked about you.’ Harry informed me as he started driving.

‘They did?’

Harry’s Point of View

I looked back at the small group of fans now hugging each other. ‘How’s Libby?’ one asked with a small smile.

‘Libby’s great, thank you for asking.’ I smiled back at her.

‘She looks lovely today.’ One said.

‘Yeah she does, doesn’t she?’

‘Why didn’t she stop?’

‘She’s just a bit nervous.’ I answered looking back at Libby inside the car. ‘Things haven’t been easy for her.’

‘Sorry.’ They all said. I assured them that it would all get better and thanked them before being fans.

‘The fans asked about you.’ I said to Libby as we were leaving. The smile that she showed me was one of the most amazing things in the entire world.

‘They did?’

‘Yeah, they also said you looked lovely today.’ I replied. She looked back at them waving her hand out the window before letting it back up. It made me happy to see some of the fans were starting to accept Libby again. I didn’t want a repeat of our first go at our relationship where everything got to be too much for her so she decided to let it go. That is the last thing I wanted to happen again. I looked over at her, she still had a pleased smile on her face as she admired her new ink.

‘How many times have I told you to not look at me like that?’ She asked with a sneaky smile on her face.

‘I don’t know.’ I laughed looking away. I couldn’t help it though, she just fascinated me.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback's always a nice thing to see so if you wouldn't mind let me know if you liked the chapter and what you liked about it or if you want to see something different happen such as Perrie and Zayn actually get engaged in this story or Liam actually be with Sophia or if you like Payzer.

subscribing and recommending is also good thanks!