Still the One

XXVI.

`I was sitting on my front porch waiting for Harry to come by. It was late in the afternoon and Harry was leaving with the lads to America for the next few days. This morning I went to meet my dad and brother breakfast since my little brother Tanner was heading back to his boarding school today. I looked at my phone, 6:32. A black SUV pulled up in front of my flat and Harry jogged out of it over to me. I ran meeting him halfway into my yard wrapping my arms around his neck. ‘I’m sorry. We had to get everyone and we’re on our way to the airport now.’ Harry explained.

‘It’s okay.’ I buried my face into the crook of his neck.

‘I’m going to be back this weekend and we’ll do something together okay?’

‘Alright.’ I nodded my head not bothering to let him go.

‘Gonna miss you.’

‘I’m going to miss you.’ I repeated looking into his eyes. I kissed him without thinking running my hands through his hair as his hands danced up and down my sides.

‘Woo!’ Louis and Niall peeped their heads out of the car. Harry turned to them shooting them that “I’m going to kill you” look. I giggled hiding my face into Harry’s shirt.

‘I better go now.’ Harry touched my cheeks with his hands kissing me gently once more.

‘Before the guys leave you.’

‘Time’s going to be a bit screwy but I’ll call you as soon as I can.’

‘I will be waiting.’

‘Bye babe.’

‘Bye Harry.’ We hugged once more before he walked back to the car. The other guys stupidly waved as Harry climbed back into the car. I waved laughing as I went into my flat.

Harry’s Point of View

We were driving down the road on our way to the airport. I just saw Libby for the last time for a couple of days. ‘We saw you back there bad man.’ Louis nudged me as Niall’s face grew red with laughter.

‘Shut up.’ I shook my head holding back my laugh. Zayn and Liam puckered their lips making kissing sounds with their lips.

‘I’ll miss you Libby!’ Niall mimicked.

‘I’ll miss you too Harry.’ Louis stated in a high-pitched voice.

‘Idiots.’ I turned my back to them looking down at my lock screen which was a picture of Libby and I at the premiere some nights back. I smiled running my thumb over the screen. We arrived at the airport where fans were already waiting.

‘How do they always find us??’ Niall questioned astounded. We all shrugged in unison getting out the car. Airport security immediately met us, as always. I stayed close to Paul as we entered the airport. I stopped to take pictures here and there but it was pretty difficult since we were being rushed. I waved to the fans I wasn't’ abled to get to and went through the security check. Soon later we boarded the plane and went to our seats. I sat next to Niall and Liam who were already getting ready to sleep the entire flight.

‘Here we come America!’ Louis called out. We all raised our hands in the air. America was always a good time.

Libby's Point of View

‘Well show me your new tat.’ Eleanor said rolling over on my sofa. I extended my wrist out to her and she grabbed it. ‘Lovely! How bad did it hurt?’

‘I didn’t cry.’ I answered with a small laugh. ‘Have Dani and Perrie left for America yet?’ I wondered curiously. She looked at her phone pursing her lips.

‘They may have.’ She responded. Since they weren’t in school and they were both off they were going to meet the guys in America and go to the premiere together. ‘I think Amy went too.’

‘Yeah, I think Harry mentioned she was going to be around a bit.’

‘Lucky.’ She sighed, ‘I wish I could’ve gone as well.’

‘Yeh, same here.’ I flipped through the TV.

‘Well who says we can’t have fun?’ Eleanor jumped up from the sofa. ‘How about we have a sleepover?’

‘Tonight?’ I turned my head to look at her. She nodded her head as she slipped her feet into her sandals. ‘Here or your flat?’

‘Let’s go to mine.’ Eleanor grabbed her purse, ‘it’s closer to the uni.’

‘Let me go pack a bag.’ I hurried to my room and opened my closet doors. I grabbed an outfit for school tomorrow and placed it into the tote bag. I put my toiletries on top and headed back into the living room. I locked my flat and followed Eleanor to her car. I slid down inside and fastened my seat belt. We arrived at the flat Eleanor and Louis shared then went inside. ‘Okay, which side does Lou sleep on?’ I pointed at the bed.

‘I’ll sleep on his side, the right.’ She giggled going into the bathroom change for bed. I went into the guest bathroom and changed into my pajamas washing the makeup off my face and brushing my teeth. When I came back Eleanor was sitting on the side of the bed watching TV. ‘Alan Carr’s on!’ she pointed. I put my stuff away then jumped into the bed watching Alan Carr with Eleanor. During some time in the night I fell asleep. Hours into the morning my phone was going off lighting up the room. I quickly fumbled for my phone to cut it off.

‘Hello?’ I asked tiredly. I heard Harry curse under his breath, ‘harry?’

‘I’m sorry. I didn’t try to call. I didn’t mean to wake you, I was intending to send a message letting you know we’re all settled in now.’

‘Oh, it’s fine.’ I responded. ‘I’m glad you guys made it. What time is it there again?’

‘It’s a little after 11. Got to love those time zones, huh?’

‘Yeh, they’re great.’ I said just as sarcastic as Harry.

I’m going to let you get back to bed since you have class in a few hours, okay?’

‘Okay then Harry.’

‘Hey, Lib.’

‘What?’

‘I miss you.’ Harry said quietly into the phone. I could tell the guys were probably around teasing him as it is.

‘I miss you too.’

‘I’ll call sometime later on.’

‘Alright. Goodnight Harry.’

‘Sweet dreams baby.’ I hung up my phone tossing down on the floor with a smile on my face. I heard Eleanor let out a little snicker. I shook my head falling back asleep. A few hours later I was up and going out the door with Eleanor to class.

‘See you later.’ I waved departing ways with her. Halfway into the morning I went to my dreadful math class sitting down silently in the front. I pulled out the Harry journal I had slightly covering it with my math book. The teacher closed the door and walked to the front to begin the lecture. My head was throbbing from all the words and numbers she hurled out left and right. Once we were allowed to leave I hurried grabbing all my belongings and walking quickly out the room with everyone else. I pulled my phone out going to text Harry. Now the roles were reversed. It was morning for me and he was five hours behind so he was still sleeping. With a quick sigh I dropped my phone down into my bag and headed to the next class.

‘Hey Libby.’ Matthew, one of Daniel’s teammates called hauling his duffle bag. The other guys he were with exchanged glances as they looked over at me.

‘Hey.’ I retorted. Daniel walked past not too long after them briefly nodding his head in my direction continuing with his teammates. I sat at a table in the courtyard waiting for Eleanor’s last class to finish. My phone began going off in my purse, Harry. ‘Hey.’ I answered cheerily.

‘Hey Lib. You’re not in class are you?’ Harry spoke in his raspy morning voice.

‘No, I’m out now. Just waiting for El to finish.’ I answered. ‘Are you just waking up?’

‘Yeh, we’re about to go do some press interviews. It’s going to be a long day.’

‘The guys will definitely make it interesting.’ I shifted over in my seat holding the phone to my ear.

‘That’s for sure. Tomorrow we’re going to have the red carpet premiere. I think you should watch, I’ll post the link on Twitter later on.’

‘Well then I’ll watch it.’ I promised. ‘How are the girls?’

‘Haven’t seen them yet. I went to bed pretty early last night.’

‘When you do, tell Danielle to give me a ring.’

‘I will. I need to find the energy to get out of bed now, we’ll talk later alright?’

‘Whenever you get the chance.’

‘Bye baby.’ He muttered.

‘What?’ a small smile snuck onto my face.

‘Bye baby.’ He said louder causing Niall to bark out a laugh.

‘I heard you the first time.’ I laughed.

‘Libby!’ Harry whined, ‘you know they tease me.’

‘I’m sorry.’

‘Bye.’ He laughed as well.

‘Bye.’ I repeated before hanging up my phone and waited for Eleanor to finish with her class.