Still the One

XXVII.

‘So I’ll be home tomorrow night.’ Harry said into the phone the next morning. It was two in the morning in New York City and seven in the morning here in London. Harry was just getting in from the after party for the NYC premiere. ‘Have a good day at school.’

‘I have my Harry journal to help out.’ I stiffed a giggle into the phone. Harry laughed as well before saying anything else.

‘Keep it close. I’ll let you go now, talk to you soon.’

‘I’ll talk to you soon.’ I hung up the phone and started getting ready for class. I got dressed in a maxi skirt with a crop top then a pair of sandals. I put my hair into a loose bun with strands of hair falling from every way. I followed my usual schedule attending every long class I had for the day and headed back to my flat afterwards. I straightened up my flat and rearranged things when I was received a message from Harry.

Calling you on a Skype – Harry.

With a giddy smile I hurried into my room and plopped down onto the bed opening my computer. I unlocked it then waited it while I loaded. A few moments later I had a Skype notification pop up on to the screen.

Incoming: Harry Styles.

I pressed accept waiting for Harry. His face flashed onto the screen. ‘Hi.’ I waved nearly immediately.

‘Hey babe, how are you?’

‘I’m good. Cleaning a bit. What are you doing?’

‘Well Liam, Louis, and Zayn are doing a bit of press interviews. Niall and I are sitting around in my hotel room waiting for them to finish up.’ Harry moved aside revealing Niall laying on his back on the bed.

‘Hi Niall.’ I laughed.

‘Hey Lizard.’ He waved in the background. Harry repositioned himself back in front of the camera.

‘How was your math class?’ Harry inquired curiously. I smiled thinking of how much he was interested in my boring day.

‘It was fine? I guess. My hand cramped from all the notes.’ I held my hand in front of the camera. Harry pretended to kiss it with a cheeky grin. ‘What time will your flight get in tomorrow night?’

‘9 I believe. I’ll stop by after I go to my flat to get my car.’ He promised.

‘Okay.’ I chimed excitedly. ‘What time is it again?’

‘Um it’s eleven in the morning here. Still pretty early.’ We talked for a bit longer before Harry and Niall had to do their portion of the interviews. I finished with my flat then went out to get some dinner. I spent my night studying and curled on the sofa watching old reruns of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. The next morning I showered and got ready for class.
. Eleanor insisted that we ride together this morning.

‘I could drive myself, you know?’ I teased with a smile sliding into her car.

‘Yes, I wanted to get breakfast first so I’d give you a ring. Aren’t you hungry?’

‘A bit actually.’ I admitted fastening my seat belt and dropping my bag to my feet. We stopped at this tiny café and slipped inside. ‘So do you and Lou have anything planned for when he comes home?’

‘I’m not sure yet. He’ll probably want to rest. He has that match coming up as well. You and Harry are coming right?’

‘Of course. We wouldn’t miss it.’ I responded. We finished our breakfast and headed to the school where I went to my first class of the day.

‘Hi, you’re Libby White, right?’ a girl seated behind me inquired with a curious expression spread across her face. Even though it was obvious, I nodded my head. ‘I thought so. I’m Lanna.’

‘Hi.’ I stated, trying not to sound completely awkward. The teacher came in cutting our conversation short. After I class I snaked through the people and out into the hallway.

‘Hey Libby!’ the Lanna girl called out, ‘wait up.’ I paused in my tracks and stopped.

‘Yeah?’ I asked curiously.

‘I was wondering if you’d want to hang out after class sometime this week.’ I pursed my lips for a moment. What harm could it do?

‘Sure. We’ll talk more about it in class tomorrow.’ I waved before heading off to my next class. My last class of the day ran late so once it was over I called Eleanor but she didn’t answer. I pulled up a new message and began typing.

Hey where are you? I don’t see your car. – Libby.

Oops sorry. Change of plans. – Eleanor.

? what do you mean?? – Libby.

I waited for a couple of minutes but she didn’t reply. I walked to the front of the main building and looked around. ‘Great.’ I muttered kicking a tiny pebble.

‘Looks like someone is in need of a ride.’ A voice called out to me. I looked up to see Harry getting out of his Range Rover with his arms wide open.

‘Harry?!’ I gasped running up to him wrapping my arms around his neck. ‘I thought you weren’t getting in until tonight! What are you doing here?’

‘I’m picking my girlfriend up from school.’ He kissed my forehead before opening the car door for me. I climbed inside before Harry shut the door and walked around to the driver’s side. I peered out the window to see a couple of people eyeing us from afar. I didn’t mind though. Best to just ignore all the stares. ‘Surprise.’ Harry grinned just excited as me.

‘You’re the best surprise.’ I leaned in kissing his cheek before settling into my seat.

‘Let’s go get some lunch.’

‘I’d like that.’ I nodded my head. ‘So how was America?’

‘America was incredible. Loud.’ Harry stiffed out a laugh, ‘very loud. To have a premiere in London is one thing but to have one in another country it absolutely mind-blowing. I’d never be able to even imagine a turn out like that in America.’

‘It’s the accents.’ I smiled looking out of the window imagining being in the states. I’d love to see California beaches and the “big apple” as they call it. Broadway. Bright lights. Palm trees. Don’t get me wrong, I love London it is my home but I wouldn’t mind visiting America for once.

‘You’ve never been have you?’ Harry asked breaking into my daydream. I shook my head no looking down at my shoes. ‘Interesting.’ He pursed his lips pulling alongside the curb at our favorite diner. We sat at a table across from each other and a couple of menus in between us. After we finished eating we hurried back to the car where Harry drove me to my flat.

‘Are you going to come in?’

‘I should really get home and unpack things.’

‘Yeah and I should really study.’ I nodded my head looking into Harry’s eyes. Moments later we were on my sofa with our lips heavily intertwined. Half an hour had passed before we finally settled onto the sofa. ‘This isn’t exactly studying.’

‘Or unpacking.’ Harry smirked pressing his lips against mine once more. I snaked my arms around his neck moving closer to him. His large hands were pressed on my waist holding me on his lap. I let one of my fingers twirl in his dark locks. I felt Harry smiled into the kiss as did I. ‘Did I tell you how much I missed you?’

‘You may have mentioned it.’ I cocked my head to the side placing my hand on his stomach. For the next couple of hours Harry and I rested on the sofa watching some movie in black and white. ‘Well you certainly made the greatest distraction today.’ I walked Harry out to his car.

‘As did you.’ He leaned down touching his forehead to mine. ‘I’ll be by to get you in the morning?’

‘Sure.’ I nodded moving his head with mine. We kissed each other goodbye before I went back into my flat. The next morning Harry came by to take me to the uni.

‘I’ll see you later babe.’

‘See ya later.’ I jumped out of the car and closed the door after me.

‘Wait.’ Harry said as the window rolled down. ‘Quick kiss.’ I laughed walking back to the car and gently touching his lips. ‘Bye.’

‘Bye.’ I repeated walking to my first class. I turned back to the parking lot where Harry’s Range Rover was already on its way out of the parking lot. Knowing Harry he was going to go back to his flat and either fall asleep or write in his journal. He’d be doing one of those two things until it was time for me to get out. Maybe he’d eat a banana in the process. I shook my head thinking of Harry as I walked to class.

‘Hey Libby, was that Harry?’ the lanna girl came out of nowhere with a perky smile.

‘Yeh, that was him.’ I confirmed with a short nod following her into the building.

‘So, if you weren’t busy today. I was thinking that we’d go out for a bite later after class.’ She suggested blinking at me.

‘Sure why not.’ I shrugged getting all my supplies out in front of me, ‘just let me text my ride.’ I stated unlocking my phone.

Hey don’t worry about picking me up later I’m going out with my classmate, lanna. See you later! – Libby.

About twenty minutes had passed before my phone buzzed in my backpack.

Alright have fun! xx – Harry.

‘I’m in.’ I turned to Lanna with a smile.

‘Great.’ She beamed going back to the lesson. I finished my other classes for the day and headed out to meet Lanna by the science building. The familiar group of footballers trotted past me around their usual time.

‘Hey Lib.’ Daniel grinned standing over me.

‘Hi Daniel. Is your training center getting finished anytime soon?’ I asked.

‘Oh I’m taking over your school, that it?’ Daniel barked out a laugh, ‘it should be done within the next couple of weeks.’

‘I’m pretty sure it’ll be amazing from all the work that’s been put in it.’

‘Yeh it’s going to be sick.’ He nodded his head enthusiastically.

‘Hey, Libby ready?’ Lanna called from a few feet away before walking over. ‘Hey.’

‘Hey Lanna, this is Daniel. Daniel, this is Lanna.’

‘Nice to meet you.’ She briefly lifted her hand into the air. ‘Do you two have any classes together?’

‘No. I go to Charleston a few miles from here. We used to date.’ Daniel stated proudly. I coughed uncomfortably, ‘for a few months.’

‘Oh.’ Her mouth was a straight line. ‘That’s nice.’

‘Yeh, I’ll let you two get going. I’ll see you around Lib.’

‘See you.’ I followed Lanna to her car.

‘You dated him? Uh- yum.’ She gawked in Daniel’s direction. ‘What happened?’

‘I- got with someone else.’

‘Oh? Oh! How does Harry feel about that?’

‘I don’t know how he’d feel if he knew.’

‘He doesn’t know?!’

‘Where are we getting something to eat?’ I inquired changing the subject as I closed my door. It was late in the afternoon when I came back to my flat. I took a long shower then curled up on the sofa reading the next few chapters of my textbook. The next day, Saturday Harry came over to my place to spend the day with me.

‘Want a drink?’ Harry asked as I flipped through the TV channels.

‘Yes please.’ I nodded coming to a stop on the gossip channel once I spotted a picture of Daniel and I talking outside of school. He was dressed in a torn at the sleeves practice shirt, gym shorts, and a pair of trainers. Harry’s footsteps came to a stop behind me.

Pictures of Harry Style’s on-again-off-again girlfriend Libby White and her EX uni footballer Daniel Winston surfaced earlier this week when Harry Styles took a trip with the other 1D lads to America to promote their 3D documentary. Sources close even say that White and Winston are trying to remain friends and they continue to speak after the breakup. Where does this leave Harry Styles and Libby White? As soon as we find out more you’ll be the first to know. So continue to watch all week.

I swallowed hard, my throat was dry and achy. I could feel Harry’s eyes fixated behind me but I couldn’t bring myself to face him. Moments passed before Harry walked over to the sofa and sat beside me, ‘what’s going on Lib?’

‘Nothing!’ I blurted out nearly immediately. ‘Daniel and I aren’t trying to remain friends.’

‘He goes to your school?’

‘No. Their training facility is under construction so the entire team comes there every other day to train.’ I answered.

‘But-…’ he paused setting down the drinks in his hands. ‘Why didn’t you just tell me that? That makes me look like some idiot.’

‘Ha-..’ I sighed heavily, ‘I’m sorry. I should’ve.’

‘I actually have to -to go to a band meeting for the new album.’ Harry suddenly stood to his feet. ‘We’ll talk later okay?’ he grabbed his phone from the coffee table and headed out the front door lightly closing it behind him. I quietly listened as his car purred to life and he backed out of the driveway not bothering to look around.
♠ ♠ ♠
liked it? no? oh.. okay