Still the One

XXVIII.

It was Sunday night and I hadn’t heard anything from Harry since he left yesterday afternoon. I didn’t bother messaging him because he obviously needed his time. For what I’m not sure. I turned off the television and headed to bed for the night. The next morning I drug myself out of the bed and got ready for class. After sliding my feet into my shiny Doc Martens and grabbing my backpack I grabbed the keys walking to the front door. To my surprise Harry was standing there in a pair of gym shorts, dark trainers, and a tight black athletic shirt. His hair was pushed under a black beanie. ‘Hey?’ I cocked my head to the side staring at him.

‘I was coming to take you to class since I was heading to the gym.’ Harry explained pointing back at the white vintage car parked outside on the curb. ‘If you want.’ He added in quickly.

‘Um, sure.’ I nodded locking my flat door and following Harry to the car. Like the gentleman he was he opened the car door and closed it behind me. He walked around and slid in beside me quietly starting the car. He began driving not saying a word. I let out a heavy sigh, ‘I can drive myself.’ I blurted grabbing my backpack and purse from my feet. Harry looked at me confused before looking back at the road. ‘I don’t want to sit here with you for half an hour, not like this. So just take me back to my flat and I’ll drive myself. That way you can go to the gym.’ All the words rambled out of my mouth within an instant. ‘Turn the car around Harry.’ He pulled aside and cut the engine. ‘I didn’t do anything wrong and you’re treating me like I did. And it’s not fair.’

‘You’re right.’ Harry nodded his head, ‘completely right. I’m sorry Lib.’

‘I’m sorry. I should’ve told you but there’s nothing going on with us.’

‘I believe you.’ He leaned over cupping my face and kissing me hard. We pulled back after a few moments wearing the same smile. Harry turned the car back on and drove to the uni. ‘Same time today?’

‘Yep.’ I gathered my stuff and slid out of the car. Harry followed walking beside me after locking his car. He took my bags from my hands and trailed slightly behind me ignoring all the stares. I walked into my first class and paused at the door where people were going in. Harry handed me my back and placed my purse into my hands.

‘Call me if anything comes up.’

‘Define?’ I laughed kissing his cheek. ‘I’ll see you later.’ His arms snuck around my waist holding me tight.

‘See you later.’ He breathed before walking out the building waving at every few steps. I slipped into my class and sat down at my seat.

‘Was that Harry I saw?’ Lanna inquired curiously. ‘Since when does he walk you to class?’

‘I’m not sure. Probably trying to look out for Daniel.’ I shrugged opening my purse to see my phone lighting up.

Just steer clear of him, will you? – Harry.

For you yes – Libby.

Thank you xx – Harry.

Xx – Libby.

I put my phone away and focused on today’s lecture. After class I headed out the room behind everyone else to be greeted with stares and whispers. I guess everyone watched the gossip channel as well over the weekend. ‘C’mon Libby.’ Lanna pulled me by my arm out to the courtyard. ‘Ignore them. It’s horrible what the media did. At least you and Harry are good, aren’t you?’

‘We’re doing well.’ I nodded.

‘What about Daniel?’

‘I’m going to steer clear of him. Harry thinks it’ll be best. Anyway thanks. I have to find Eleanor, see ya.’ I hurried off dialing Eleanor’s number. We made plans to meet up once she finished with her current class. I waited outside the bookstore flipping through my textbook.

‘Libby!’ she pulled me in for a tight hug. ‘How are you?’

‘I’m good. Just annoyed with the media.’ I responded, ‘it all comes with the territory.’

‘Good way to think of it. It’ll all blow over. But you know what gets me?’

‘What’s that?’

‘How’d they get the pictures? How did they know about you, Daniel, and Harry? Or how Daniel goes here?’

‘You think Daniel told them?’ she pursed her lips looking down meeting my eyes, ‘he wouldn’t do that, would he?’

‘I don’t know.’ She shrugged, ‘keep your distance just in case.’

‘I will.’ I nodded before departing to my next class. A few classes later I was walking to the front. I cut through the back way avoiding Daniel. I hurried out to the front scanning the parking lot. I sat on the bench fumbling with a game of Candy Crush as I waited for Harry. Twenty minutes later he pulled right up front and hopped out the car. He was now dressed in a pair of jeans and a black button up revealing his bird tattoo and black boots. ‘Hey there. Did you forget something’ I giggled walking over to him.

‘I’m so sorry I’m late. I had a meeting.’ He opened the door and closed it.

‘It’s fine.’ I assured him once he got into the driver’s seat. ‘Good meeting?’

‘Yeah. We’re just about to get back out on the tour.’ Harry replied.

‘Oh yeah, that’s right.’ I pressed my lips together picking at the skin on my thumb nail with my index finger. ‘When will you be back?’ Harry didn’t say anything for a moment, ‘Harry.’

‘A few days into November.’ He messed with the watch on his wrist. ‘But I mean, there’ll be breaks and all that good stuff. You can visit me whenever you’d like.’ I nodded my head in response peering out the window again. ‘Okay?’

‘Okay.’ I confirmed the best I could. We pulled into the driveway of my flat next to my car.

‘I have to pack but I’ll call you when I’m done?’

‘Alright. Talk to you later.’ He kissed the tip of my nose before I slid out of his car and drug myself into the flat’s door. Harry would be gone for nearly two whole months touring the world once again. I couldn’t be angry at him. It was his job. That’s just what he did. I know he didn’t like leaving but it had to be done. I sat on the sofa doing my homework before I heated up leftovers from the other day. My phone began buzzing in front of me on the coffee table. ‘Hey Perrie?’ I answered.

‘Hey. Could you come over for a bit? We want your advice on the new single.’ She chimed into the phone.

‘I won’t be able to stay long, okay?’

‘Okay. Just get over here.’ With that she hung up the phone and I grabbed my keys off the coffee table. I drove to Zayn and Perrie’s flat and went inside. ‘Hey Zayn.’ I said once he answered the door. He had a couple of shirts tossed over his shoulder and a pair of jeans in his hand. ‘Packing?’

‘Yep. They’re out in the studio.’ He moved back letting me inside. I walked out their backdoor and into the storage shed which was splattered with Zayn’s graffiti all over the walls. Perrie and the rest of Little Mix were all sitting in chairs around one another.

‘Lib!’ Perrie cheered pulling me in for a hug, ‘I haven’t seen you in ages it feels like because of uni.’

‘I know.’ I hugged her back, ‘hey girls.’

‘Hey Libby.’ They waved in unison.

‘So, where’s this new song?’ I joined them in their seats.

‘Hang on. Hang on.’ Perrie fanned her hand, ‘tell us about uni.’ She changed the subject. I went into the detail about class and life at the uni as Perrie begged. An hour later we were finally listening to what was going to be their new single.

‘So…’ Jade started.

‘What do you think?’ Jesy finished.

‘It’s really good. Sick tune.’ I complimented. Leigh-Anne was the first to hurry over and hug me. ‘It will be a top hit.’

‘Thank you.’ Perrie beamed.

‘I’d love to stay but I have to get back to my flat.’

‘No. Stay.’ Perrie grabbed my arm pulling me down. ‘We’re going to watch a movie. Don’t you want to watch with us?’

‘I really can’t. I have class in the morning. I should really get going.’ I stood once again snaking out of the studio.

‘Hey Lizard!’ Zayn called from the top of the stairs, ‘come here.’ I walked up the steps and followed Zayn into the room he shared with Perrie. ‘I need your advice on some of this.’ He pointed at all the clothes spread across the floor.

‘Isn’t this what Caroline is for?’ I teased referencing to Caroline Watson, the guy’s stylist.

‘Yeah she just had her baby so she’s out of reach at the moment. Help me?’

‘But I- okay.’ I agreed sitting down on the floor indian style. Over an hour later Zayn was zipping up his suitcase and dragging it into the corner.

‘Thanks Lizard.’ He hugged me before I went downstairs. Perrie and Jade were curled up on the sofa while Jesy and Leigh-Anne sat at the table.

‘I’ll see you guys later.’ I waved hurrying out the door before they could ask anything else. I climbed into my car looking at the clock. 12:36. I started the car up and backed out of the driveway. I arrived to my flat and tiredly crawled into my bed not bothering to change out of the clothes from earlier. The next morning I woke up then started getting ready for class.

Be there shortly x – Harry.

See you then. – Libby.

I put my phone away and continued to get dressed. Ten minutes later Harry was fully dressed standing outside my door. ‘hey.’ I grabbed my backpack through a yawn. ‘where’s your car?’ I pointed to the black suv waiting in the driveway.

‘Someone’s tired.’ Harry helped me into the car and closed the door. ‘And my cars are getting detailed this morning.’

‘Yeh. I went to Zayn and Perrie’s last night and helped them out a bit.’ I nodded closing the door.

‘You should rest. I’ll wake you when we get there.’ Harry suggested. I nodded again slowly letting my eyes close. ‘Lib.’ Harry tapped my arm repeatedly. ‘We’re here.’ I opened my eyes and looked around at an empty field and an airplane waiting aside the car.

‘Where are we?’ I inquired with my mouth agape. Harry just smiled cheekily and got out the car as did the driver. They handed luggage to the men waiting by the plane. He walked around and opened the door extending his hand out to me.

‘Well are you coming?’ he wondered.

‘Where are we going?’

‘You’ll see.’ He grabbed my hand pulling me out of the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
let me know if you liked it or not please and thank you