Still the One

III.

The concert was over a week ago, and I was in a rut. Perrie has been busy with press with Little Mix, Danielle was dancing with different groups and artists, and Eleanor had been into her fashion internship. Today, I was finally getting lunch with Danielle at some new spot in town. I grabbed my purse once I heard Danielle honking outside. 'Hey there Lib.' She smiled pulling away from the curb. We arrived at the restaurant and went inside, it smelled like a combination of different things. I sat across from Danielle at the table while someone placed menus in front of us. 'Hey I haven't seen Liam since I got back is it okay if he joins us?' Danielle looked up from her phone.

'Yeah sure I love Liam.' I shrugged not looking up from the menu. 'I might get the chicken, looks really good.'

'Oh dear.' Danielle murmured. I stared at her confused then looked back at the entrance. Liam waved happily but when he moved aside Harry was standing there. I nearly choked on the ice that was melting in my mouth. I looked down pretending to be interested in a message on my phone which was actually a text from Danielle an hour ago telling me she was on her way. Liam sat next to Danielle, unfortunately leaving the seat next to me open. Harry hesitantly sat down pulling a menu to his face. My phone lit up with an actual new text

i didn't know sorry love - dani

I sighed twirling the straw in my cup. Harry's arm extended in front of my as he went for the dessert menu. I took a small sniff realizing he was wearing the cologne i bought for him while we were dating. The woman brought out our food then looked at Harry.

'Anything I can get you?' She batted her eyes. Harry was completely oblivious as always and looked down at his menu once more.

'I'll have what she has.' He pointed at my plate, 'looks good.'

'Alright, I'll be right back with your tea.' she flipped her hair over her shoulder then twisted her hips as she walked back towards the kitchen. I scoffed shifting over in my chair. From the corner of my eye I saw a small playful smirk on Harry's face. Danielle leaned her head on Liam's shoulder and he wrapped his arm around her.

'How have you been?' It was the first thing Harry had said to me the whole time we've been sitting next to each other.

'G-good.' I stuttered. I mentally slapped myself in the forehead.

'Good.' He nodded looking at his watch. 'Still at the uni?'

'Yep. I answered more easily. 'How have you been?'

'Better you could say.' He retorted.

'I'm happy for you.' I croaked feeling a little overwhelmed in that moment. Danielle frowned concerned as did Liam. Harry just dumped me a couple of weeks ago and here we are sitting next to each other like it was nothing. 'I'm gonna go Dani.' I grabbed my purse from under the table and stood up.

'I'll give you a lift.' She offered standing too.

'No, really. Stay here with Liam. I'll get home.' I shook my head, hurrying out the restaurant.

'Libby, are you alright?' Harry suddenly appeared behind me. I swallowed the oncoming tears looking away from him.

'Yes.' I looked at my feet with my lips pursed.

'Let me give you a ride to your flat.' He suggested.

'I want to walk, actually. I need time to think.' I started down the side walk. A couple of moments later a familiar black Range Rover driving slowly in the seat. Harry rolled down the window.

'Libby, you do realize how far you live from here?' He questioned.

'Harry please just l-leave me alone.' I sighed not looking at him. 'I'm fine.'

'Libby just let me give you a ride and I'll leave you alone.' he continued.

'No I want this. This is what I want Harry, I want to walk.' He pulled along side the curb and got out his car, standing in front of me. 'Harry.' I stated cutting myself off. 'I can't do this, not with you.'

'I get it, you want nothing to do with me. Just let me do this one thing for you.' He begged. I caved in and walked around his car getting inside. The car ride was quiet and painfully long. Finally we arrived to my house and I got out. 'Bye Libby.'

'Goodbye Harry. Thanks.' I went into my flat closing the door not looking around.

~*~

I sat in my room a couple of days later when yet another message came through. It was another group message from Danielle, Perrie, and Eleanor. Tonight they were all going to the guys concert and wanted me to tag along. I sighed going to type another message.

i told you im studying for exams so no - Libby.

come on harry wants you and you want him - Danielle.

you know it's true - Eleanor.

i dont want harry. - Libby.

liar - perrie.

im not going. see you guys soon though - Libby.

Lib - Eleanor.

Please. - Danielle.

Libby. - Perrie.

I didn't bother writing back so I focused on my notes. I looked at the clock as it hit 7:00. The show was probably starting now.

Harry's Point of View

Our opening act Five Seconds of Summer just got off the stage and it was our turn. Liam was with Danielle, Perrie was next to Zayn, and Eleanor with Louis. Niall and I stayed next to the dressing rooms. My heart sank thinking Libby wasn't going to come up to the show tonight. I should've invited her the other day when I had her in the car. I sighed heavily listening to the crowds screams.

'Everything okay?' Niall looked at me, 'you're actually quiet.' I put a smile on my face and nodded. He didn't seem to buy it but decided not to bother with it. I was given my microphone and waited patiently. As the girls were walking to their seats I stopped them.

'Is she coming tonight?' I inquired hopeful. They all looked at me with slightly sad eyes.

'No.' Danielle spoke up before anyone else. My heart shattered into a thousands pieces.

'Show time boys.' with that I was shot up through the floor greeted by a hundreds of screams.