Still the One

XXX.

After going to Disney World, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the Santa Monica pier, and the Los Angeles zoo we were walking back into the hotel’s lobby. ‘You can get ready for our day in here. I’ll go right across the hall into Preston’s room. Meet you in an hour?’ Harry kissed my cheek before walking out of the room with his black duffle bag in his hand. I showered then wrapped my wet hair. I needed my phone. I scurried across the hall and lightly tapped on the door. Andy answered with a confused expression.

‘Harry’s in the shower. What’s up?’ he inquired. Relief rushed over my body as soon as the words left his lips.

‘Could I see my phone, please? Just for a second.’ He shrugged and handed it to me while waiting in the door way. I turned my phone back and on then waited for the screen to appear. I had a new voicemail from Daniel as well as a few more texts. I swiped the screen down with my thumb and let my eyes scan the messages.

Hey how are you enjoying the trip? – Perrie.

Call us soon! – Eleanor.

I’ve tried calling and texting. I think we should really talk. – Daniel.

I rolled my eyes and deleted the messages from Daniel as well as his voicemail before listening to it. The shower water came to a stop so I held down the top button of my phone then swiped the screen. ‘Here you go.’ I handed it to Andy and hurried back into the room. I patted my hair dry and slipped into one of the dresses that we’re packed in my luggage. The white dress hugged my body in all the right places. I’ve seen this dress once more, it was Dani’s. I smiled looking how the dress came down a tad bit longer than it would have on her slender dancer body. I paired the dress with the black heels in the bottom of the bag. I let my hair stay partially wet, drying on it’s on. It was already starting to get a wavy look to it. I dusted my face some of the powder foundation in my bag. I ran the dark brown eye liner around my eyes and dotted my lips with my favorite EOS then smoothed them together. There was a knock on the door. I grabbed my purse and swung the door open. There stood Harry dressed in a white dress shirt, a blue blazer, black jeans, and tattered black boots. His eyes scanned my body up and down for the first few moments, ‘you look so good.’ Harry pulled his bottom lip in between his teeth.

‘You do too.’ I smiled slipping out the door with him. He placed his hand on the lower part of my back walking down the hallway. Three large shadows followed closely behind us. Harry informed me that Andy and Preston would tag along just in case anything were to happen but other than that we wouldn’t even notice their presence. The fans have seemed to become just a handful waiting. We hurried into the SUV and climbed in the back.

‘That dress is really sexy.’ Harry’s voice was low and gentle in my ear. I smiled looking up at him pressing my hand on his stomach. We arrived to our location not too long after and went inside. The restaurant was fairly empty. There was Italian music coming through the speakers and the room smelled like hot garlic bread. My stomach gurgled just breathing in the aroma. ‘We’re about eat.’ Harry chuckled obviously hearing my stomach. I frowned slightly embarrassed holding onto Harry’s hand. He kissed our intertwined hands before telling the host his name. Andy and Preston were seated several tables away from us.

‘This place smells amazing.’ I cooed pulling out the menu.

‘I agree.’ Harry grinned across the table. He copied my movements and opened the menu as well. Our waiter came over to the table and went to get our drinks. Soon a large plate of food was slid in front of me.

‘The portions are so much bigger in America.’ I laughed looking down at the huge plate of Chicken Alfredo before me.

‘They are.’ Harry agreed digging into his spaghetti. I grabbed a piece of bread from the center of the table taking a bite. ‘So good, yeh?’

‘Very.’ I beamed. We ordered a dessert then waited for the waiter to bring it out.

‘You mean so much to me.’ Harry held my hand across the table. I giggled looking away from him. ‘I’m serious.’ He grabbed my other hand. I brought my eyes to his staring at him.

‘You mean a lot to me too.’

‘I know we’ve made things pretty official by walking out together. I’m honestly glad you gave me the push to not hide this anymore. It feels much better than sitting in my flat or yours. I just have a really good feeling about where this is going this time. So just to tell people a little bit more. Here.’ He stood up and took something silver out of the front pocket of his blazer. It shined in the light. Some kind of necklace? His paper airplane necklace. He came around the table and I held my hair up. He put the necklace on the fastened it. I smiled touching it with my fingers. ‘Never take it off.’

‘I won’t.’ I promised. After dessert we headed back to the hotel and up to the room. I pulled on a pair of shorts and a tank top then crawled in bed next to a shirtless Harry. ‘Today was amazing.’ I gushed tracing the swallows on his chest. He shivered from my touch but nodded anyway.

‘The best in a while.’ He retorted. ‘I’m glad we spent it together.’

‘Me too. I can’t thank you enough for bringing me here.’

‘You’re welcome.’ Harry gently sung one of his favorite Beatles tunes as I drifted off into a deep slumber. It felt like only minutes has passed when Harry was waking me up.

‘We have to get back to London now. It’s a long flight.’ He informed me, ‘so please wake up.’

‘I will.’ I sat up, ‘what time is it?’

‘After four in the morning.’ Harry’s tired voice sounded further away now. Harry was in the toilet room brushing his teeth. He was dressed in a pair of jeans, tight as usual. A retro Rolling Stones shirt and to my surprise a pair of Nike Airs. The only time I saw Harry in trainers was when he worked out or occasionally during tour rehearsals. I got out of bed and quickly slipped into a pair of jean shorts and a nice blouse with sandals. I brushed my hair and teeth once Harry was finished. Andy, Preston, and Charles took our luggage to the van while we waited on the stairwell.

‘Those are new.’ I pointed at his feet with a small smile.

‘Yeh, Zayn bought em for me.’ He admitted looking down at his feet shyly.

‘I like them, a lot.’ I watched as his expression changed to a pleased smile.

‘Can I ask you something?’ Harry paused staring down at me, ‘it’s been bothering me for a while please don’t get mad.’

‘What is it?’ I wondered sitting down beside him on the stairs.

‘Wh-… why have I never heard you mention your family besides Tanner.’ Harry looks right into my eyes with his. I look down at my feet extended out. Good thing I was sitting because I would’ve fallen over surely. My family was on the list of unmentionables. My twisted, twisted family. I never ever talked about them, not even with Harry. Tears formed in my eyes as I shuddered. ‘Baby?’ Harry asks reminding me he’s sitting right beside me, ‘I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have asked.’ He apologizes. ‘You tell me when you’re ready.’ I nod in response feeling his hand on my back.

‘Everything’s ready.’

‘Charles thank you so much for everything.’ Harry and Charles shook hands.

‘You’re quite welcome sir.’

‘Bye Charles.’

‘Bye Miss Libby.’ I smiled before turning back to Harry. ‘You two have a good flight.’ We took our time walking to the van this time since the streets were resembling a ghost town. It wasn’t even five in the morning yet. I yawned climbing inside beside Harry. It wasn’t long before we arrived at the private field where a private plane awaited us.

‘Off we go.’ Harry chuckled wrapping his pillow around his neck. I held his hand for the nerves then closed my eyes as well. We were slowly descending a short while later. We couldn’t have been in London, not yet.

‘Harry the plane stopped.’ I panicked. ‘Is there something wrong with it?’ He slowly fluttered his eyes open looking around.

‘Let’s go see.’ He spoke with his raspy sleepy voice. Andy and Preston were on each side of us as we stepped off the plane. We weren’t in London. I knew it. I looked around while Harry walked off to talk to the captain of the plane. He came back with his hands in his pockets, ‘the plane appears to be fine.’ From the distance I could see the Statue of Liberty. New York?! I gasped grabbing Harry’s hand with force. ‘Ow!’ he joked. ‘Surprise!’

‘Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!’ I wrapped my arms around his neck holding him close to me, ‘you’re the best.’

‘Let’s go see the city.’ He pulled me by my wrist and into a black car. We sat in the back while Preston and Andy loaded the luggage then got into the front. We went to our hotel which was absolutely huge. I looked up at it with wide eyes.

‘Amazing.’ I breathed out as the door opened for me. A hotel worker extended their hand out to me and helped me out of the car. Harry signed in and got our room key. Andy and Preston set the luggage down before going to their rooms to get settled. Harry sat on the bed and I jumped into his lap. He chuckled holding me in place on his lap with his large hands. ‘You are incredible.’ I gushed.

‘You are.’ He touched his forehead to mine. I slowly eased my lips to his leaving them. Harry’s tongue swiped across my bottom lip. I giggled smiling against his smile. I peer at the TV which was flashing the date and time on its home screen.

‘Harry.’ I gasp bringing my eyes back to his. His eyes were full of confusion in that moment.

‘What’s the matter?’ he wonders as he touches my chin with his fingers.

‘It’s been two months and three weeks.’ I point out with a smile. Harry catches on to what I’m saying as smiles again briefly kissing me.

‘We’ve made it longer than last time.’ Harry intertwined his fingers with mine. I moved closer towards him on his lap, my legs on each side of his thighs.

‘It feels different.’ I look down at his slender fingers slipped in between mine.

‘Good or bad different?’ Harry inquires slightly nervous.

‘Good.’ I confirm looking deeply into his eyes. ‘Very good.’

‘Maybe because we’re not letting anyone or anything in between us this go around, yeh?’

‘Yeh.’ I wrap my arms around his neck, ‘do you want me to get up?’ I sit up a bit from his lap. He shakes his head from left to right kissing my cheeks. He brought his lips to mine kissing me gently.

‘Tonight… We’re…. Going… Out… To… See… A… Broadway… Show.’ He states in between his sweet soft kisses.

‘I’m so excited!’ I beam hugging him close to me. Kissing him repeatedly on his pink lips. For some reason Harry and I can’t keep lips to ourselves. I’m not complaining though. We fell back onto the comfy hotel bed with me still on Harry. I run a few fingers through his dark curls. Our lips hungrily melted against one another. Once we finally pulled apart we decided to get ready to go out tonight. I dressed in a maxi skirt and a long sleeve top tucked in and complimented with a belt. I slipped my feet into a pair of sandals then fasten them. Harry emerged from the other room dressed in a black dress shirt, black jeans and black boots.

‘With you dressed like that people will definitely stop and stare at us.’ Harry grins walking over to me.

‘Or they’ll wonder who’s that guy she’s walking with is.’ I replied. I grab my small purse and head out the room with Harry. We get onto a busy street where we are set to watch a Broadway show. Bright lights. I gawk at the city of New York as we pass large buildings. I took a few pictures before putting my camera away. ‘What are we seeing tonight?’ I ask as the car pulls alongside the road.

‘Lion King.’ Harry grins happily. Lion King was my favorite movie next to the Notebook and 50 First Dates. ‘I knew you’d like that.’ Harry says hinting at my excitement. We get out of the car and head into the theater. Our seats were at the very front. Preston and Andy sat on each side of Harry and I. From the corner of my eye I spotted a few flashes going off behind our heads. Harry’s arm was wrapped around my shoulder then intertwined with my hand. I lean my head on him as the lights dim. We stand to our feet applauding once the show was over.

‘That was amazing!’ I cheer following Harry out to the car.

‘I enjoyed it a lot.’ Harry agrees climbing into the car after me. We go back to our hotel then change for bed. ‘Another great day.’

‘All because of you.’ I smiled laying on top of Harry. I gently brush my lips to his moving them side to side. He grabs my face and kisses me deeply rolling us so he’s hovering over me. There was a firm knock on the door all of a sudden.

‘What?’ Harry mutters into the kiss making my lips tingle. I pull away from Harry causing him to groan and get up to answer the door. As I lay on the bed I spot Preston at the door with a phone extended in his hand. ‘Who is it?’ I couldn’t quit make out what Preston said in return, ‘Libby.’ Harry speaks with a serious tone, ‘it’s your dad.’
♠ ♠ ♠
yes! two chapters in one day! :) enjoyy