Still the One

XXXIV.

Harry had been in Australia for a couple days now. It wasn't easy trying to communicate with Harry being a full seven hours ahead of me in Perth. He would send long detailed messages that would greet me when I woke. Today was the day that I will finally set foot in the Uni in over three weeks.

‘look who's back.’ Lana greets me at the entrance. I kindly waved as I walk towards her, ‘how are you?’

‘i'm doing well thank you.’ I hesitantly step through the archway. As expected a few hushed whispers follow me with every step.

‘How are things with your mum?’ She asks curiously. I shrug as I continue to walk. ‘You tell me whenever you're ready.’ I'm nod as we walk into class. The day drags by slowly. Once my last class finished I walked out of the building luckily Daniels team was no longer in need of our training facility. On the way to my flat I stop by quick bite at a local café

‘Libby!’ A voice cries with pure excitement. I realize it is Amelia. Amelia was the girlfriend of Daniel's teammate.

‘Amelia, hi!’ I call back, ‘how are you?!’

‘I haven't seen you in ages!’

‘Yeh, I know! I miss you girls.’

‘you should you should come to Caroline's surprise party.’ she suggests.

‘Her birthday was 10 October right?’

‘You remembered?!’ Amelia looks surprised.

‘Of course!’ I respond, ‘text me the time and I'll be there.’

‘She'll be so happy! See you later!’ After I finish eating I head over to a gift store for a present. I know for a fact that Caroline's obsessed with owls and Brandy Melville. I purchased an owl shaped jewelry holder and a gift card to Brandy Melville. Soon Amelia sends me a text with the information about tonight's party. If I were going to a party tonight I better get home and finish my classwork. I finished then begin to get ready.

*good morning* the text from Harry reads. I let out a small laugh looking at the dark London night.

*its 7:53pm*

*oops hah how are you?*

*im lovely thank you. how are you?*

*tireddd. how was class?*

*never-ending*

*poor lib!*

*im actually going to a surprise party*

*really? whose?*

*my friend caroline*

*caroline? have i met her before?*

*no she's one of daniels teammates girlfriend*

A message quickly comes back in. I purse my lips going to read the reply.

*have fun!*

He replies. Seconds later a new message comes in.

*please steer clear of him*

I knew exactly who he was talking about.

*harry*

*please...*

*i will*

I doubt Daniel will even show up tonight.

*thank you*

I text Harry until I'm practically walking out the door. 40 minutes later I pull onto Amelia's block. I park my car down the road and walk the rest of the way. I lightly knock on the door and Sharon answers. ‘Libby! Amelia said you were coming and here you are!’ She pulls me inside.

‘How's Declan?’ I ask referring to her boyfriend who was also on Daniel's team.

‘He's great. He'll be any minute with the others. Amelia's going to text me when she picks up Caroline.’

‘Sounds great.’ I reply setting my gift down on the table.

‘How's your boyfriend?’ Sharon asks.

‘He's doing really good.’ I smile.

‘Good.’ she says as there's a knock on the doors ‘be right back.’ I take a sip of my drink and look up at the door. In walks Declan (Sharon's boyfriend), Dean, Matthew, Robert, and Daniel. She ushers them to come inside kissing Declan. Daniel and I lock eyes from across the room. He walks over to me before awkwardly stopping, ‘thanks for answering my texts.’ He states with a hint of sarcasm.

‘It's been a lot going on.’

‘Yeh. I bet. How's your family?’

‘Wouldn't you like to know? The Mirror hasn't heard enough from you?’ I storm off before he has the chance to say anything in return. Soon later Amelie brings Caroline in, ‘surprise!’ I chime with everyone else.

‘Libby!’ Caroline runs over to me.

‘Happy Belated Birthday!’ I wrap my arms around her.

‘Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!’ I could tell she was genuinely excited for me to be here. ‘Lets celebrate!’ She beams. As I'm sitting down a guy comes up to me.

‘Hey love.’ He lowers his eyes at me.

‘I have a boyfriend.’ I reply.

‘I don't see him.’ The guy slurs.

‘He's..’ Suddenly i lose my voice.

‘Here I am babe. Went to get a drink.’ Daniel plops down beside me, ‘back off.’ he growls to the guy.

‘Sorry about Nathan. He's a bit off.’ Daniel slightly chuckles.

‘Thank you for that. Now if you don't mind...’ I let my voice trail off as I stand from the sofa and go outside.

‘Libby!’ Daniel calls after me.

‘Leave me alone.’ I snap at him.

‘God! What did I do to you?!’

‘You know exactly what you did.’

‘Enlighten me?’

‘You told the mirror everything! About you being at my uni. About me going to the hospital and even about my mum. How dare you?!’ Tears welled in my eyes. The expression on his face is mixed with shocked and confusion.

‘You think I leaked your business?!’

‘Who else!’

‘Libby is that how lowly you think of me? To accuse me of hurting you. Are you mental?’ I stare at him in disbelief from the reference he just used. He catches on and hits the railing beside him, ‘I'm sorry! I didn't mean it like that. From the start all I wanted was the best for you. If you would've answered me weeks ago you would've known that I was just as dumbfounded as you over the photos just like anyone else. I was trying to figure out what was going on. I wasn't apart of that Libby and whatever is going on with your family is none of my business. I would never do that to you or Tanner whom I still speak with from time to time. Believe it or not I actually cared about you. Everything i ever told you about the way I felt for you was true. I meant every word. I'll always be here for you Libby together or not. With him or not.’ I open my mouth to respond when Amelia pops her head out of the door.

‘C'mon you two! It's time to sing happy birthday!’ She says. I follow her back inside leaving Daniel standing there. As I'm coming in Matthew (Caroline's boyfriend) is lighting the last candle. The room erupts with different voices singing Happy Birthday. I join in halfway through and clap once it's over. I steer clear of Daniel for the remainder of the night as Harry requested. I start to say goodnight to everyone left at the party before gathering my belongings.

‘Libby wait up!’ Daniel's voice calls out as I'm walking down the road to my car. For some reason while my head is saying no my feet stop. ‘You forgot this.’ He hands me my wristlet.

‘Wow! Thank you. I would've been completely lost without this.’ I respond. A small smile creeps onto his lips. ‘I better get going.’

‘Yeh.’ He nods in agreement. ‘I hope now you seriously believe I'd never betray you in such a way.’

‘Oddly enough, I believe you. Bye.’

‘Libby!’ He calls again once I turn my back to him.

‘Yes?’

‘Good seeing you tonight.’

‘See you around Daniel.’ I nod and continue to walk to my car. I make it home after one in the morning and immediately grab my phone. Harry left several messages and called a couple of times.

*hows the party*

*lib?*

*do you not have your phone?*

*talk to mee*

*just woke up. i couldn't really sleep*

*hope you're well xx*

I smile slightly and write a new message.

*just getting in. sorry for worrying you xxxx*

Moments later my phone is ringing, Harry. ‘Hello?’ I chirp through a smile.

‘Me worried?’ he chuckles tiredly into the phone.

‘Yes you.’ I state simply.

‘You're right.’ He admits, ‘I was scared to death.’

‘Really?’ I put the phone on speaker then set it down on the dresser. I pull my dress off and out on a old tee shirt and flannel pajamas.

‘Yeh.’ Harry coughs into the phone, ‘I hate being so powerless because I'm so far away.’

‘Me too.’ I agree.

‘Skype later?’

‘I wouldn't miss it.’ I beam into the phone.

‘Alright then. I'll let you get to sleep. We'll talk soon.’

‘Okay. Have a good day babe.’

‘Goodnight baby.’ Harry says in return. I hang up the phone and flip my light off before crawling under the sheets. I place more pillows into the bed, pretending Harry was right beside me.
♠ ♠ ♠
soo are you guys enjoying this story or should i stop?