Still the One

XXXVIII.

Yet another leak about my personal life. I didn’t bother dialing Harry because he was probably sound asleep and I didn’t want to stress him during this tour. In about two more weeks the guys would be finishing in Australia then heading to Japan for a few days. Flashes broke into my thoughts as I stepped out of the building. I hurry to my car and quickly peel out of the parking lot. How are they finding this out?! I only told Harry, Eleanor, and Lanna. Daniel knew because his mum is my boss. Daniel wouldn’t do this. I hope I’m not wrong about him. Harry hasn’t mentioned this to anyone besides the others most likely. Eleanor would never. Lanna? Well we’re supposed to be friends. Jesus Christ, Libby! Isn’t it obvious? She used you! She literally used you.

Lanna knew about Daniel being my ex.
Lanna knew Harry didn’t know.
Lanna knew about my mum.
Lanna knew about my internship.
Lanna knew everything.
She’s the leak.

That little-… I shake the words from my head. I felt sick. I drive to my flat obviously going over the speed limit by tons. I didn’t care. I was exhausted and couldn’t wait to confront her at the uni tomorrow. The evening passes right by since I was studying all night long. I wake in the morning and go into the closet. I decide on a pair of jeans, a black button up, and black wedge sneakers from Danielle. I bring a pair of heels to change into after class so I won’t have to change completely. I grab a mini box of Cheerio’s as I head out of the door. ‘Good morning.’ Lanna waves as I walk into the room. I scoff aloud and take a seat in the back of the class.

Something wrong? – Lanna.

I ignore the message and figure out how to confront her after class was over. Another message comes in causing me to groan.

Good morning to you baby xx – Harry.

It isn’t so good. – Libby.

What do you mean? Did something happen? – Harry.

I found out my so called “friend” was leaking my personal info to the Mirror. About my ex, about you, about my mum, about my internship. Everything. – Libby.

What happened with the internship? – Harry.

I got off yesterday and there were dozens of paps outside of Glamour waiting. – Libby.

A feeling of guilt rushes through me. I could see Harry right now, with a frustrated expression spread across his face. He’d run his fingers through his hair a couple of times. Maybe chew on his nails too.

Scratch that… Everything’s great. I can’t wait to see you – Libby.

Are you sure? – Harry.
I can’t wait to see you either. – Harry.

Yes I’m positive. Have a great show. – Libby.

I put my phone away and finish up today’s assignment.

Harry’s Point of View

Yes I’m positive. Have a great show. – Libby.

I squint my eyes sitting down on the edge of my bed. She’s hurting right now and I can’t be there for her. Some friend of hers was just using her, leaking her information to some sleazy magazine in London. She must feel so betrayed right now. Yet she’s putting on a brave face. Typical Libby. I run a hand through my hair and pull my phone out. I go onto YouTube and type in a few words including Glamour and Libby White. I click the first video the pops up and wait for it to load. Libby comes out of her building hauling two bags. Her purse keeps sliding down her arm. I wish I could just take it from her and carry it to the car. Loads of grown men are circling my girlfriend as she tries to get past them. Get the hell out of her way already. A frown is on her face as she hurries to her car and peels out of the parking lot. She isn’t fine.

I know you’re in class. I know you’re busy. Just letting you know that I know about what happened. I saw it. I hate that this is what you have to go through because you’re connected to me. I signed up for this not you. I don’t want you upset. I’m so sorry that happened to you, about the person you thought was your friend and all. I know what that feels like. At the end of the day they missed out because you are an amazing girl that anyone would be lucky to have in their life and now they’ve ruined that for themselves. I’m just a call, text, email away. Hurry and finish this week of exams so we can be in Tokyo together. Miss you baby xx – Harry.

Thank you – Libby.

Don’t mention it. So when exactly is my beautiful girlfriend finished with classes? – harry.

If math goes well I’ll be there next week – Libby.

You’ll do great. – Harry.

Libby’s Point of View

The bell rings and I walk out of the class, ‘Libby!’ Lanna calls out causing several people to look over at us. ‘Are you upset with me?’

‘What do you think?!’ I spit at her, ‘I know what you've been doing! You're pathetic.’ I turn my back to her.

‘What are you talking about?!’ She grabs my wrist pulling me back.

‘Get off of me!’ I snatch my wrist from her as the next bell sounds through the hall. ‘You are such a conniving snake.’ People walking stop to see what was happening. Eleanor comes out of her class down the hall and hurries over to me.

‘What's going on Lib?’

‘This twit has been leaking everything about me to the Mirror.’ Eleanor stares at Lanna disgusted. ‘Exactly. You're not denying it.’ I shake my head in disbelief.

‘Don't come near her again.’ Eleanor warns taking my arm with hers. ‘Let's go Lib, she's not worth any more of your time.’

‘This is exactly why I hate letting people in. I don't know who's my friend or using me to get close to my boyfriend.’ I rant as we walk.

‘I know what you mean.’ Eleanor agrees, ‘screw the fakes and focus on Libby.’

‘Alright.’ I nod unlocking my car once it's in sight, ‘I'll call you after my internship.’

‘Have a good day.’

‘You too. Bye El.’ I wave goodbye and get into my car. I arrive at Glamour and slip my feet into the heels I brought with me. Luckily there aren't any paps waiting today.

‘Good afternoon.’ Tiffany waves as I walk past her desk.

‘Hi!’ I say back to her and unlock the door to my office. Jackie had already left a stack of work on my desk for me to get started on. My first few hours I booked a couple of celebrities to come in for future issues. During a break from all the work I started on my math work.

‘Knock knock.’ Jackie says before coming into the room, ‘I see you've already finished the work I left for you. I'm impressed.’

‘I was eager to get started. Anything that keeps me away from this.’ I gesture to the set of letters and numbers in front of me.

‘Math’s were the worst.’ Jackie makes a face at my book. ‘I'll need you to sit in on a meeting in about an hour.’

‘I'll be there.’ I say as she turns to walk out the room, ‘Jackie?’ I call.

‘Yes?’ She wonders turning back on her heel.

‘I know I just started but before I did I was supposed to meet my boyfriend in Australia then go to Tokyo with him. So I was wondering if I could have the end of next week off.’

‘Sure. Just understand there'll be work waiting on you when you get back.’

‘I wouldn't expect any less.’ I say in return as she walks out the room closing the door behind her.

Harry! She said yes! xx - Libby.

See! I told you baby! I can't wait to see you - Harry.

~*~

A week later

I was sitting on my bed beside my math text book with papers all over the bed. I look down at the test I received back today. 47%. I have never gotten so low on a test. ‘I suggest you take this time off for midterms to study.’ the teacher pulls me aside once the class is over. I look down at my floor at the empty suitcase beside the bed. There were clothes folded on the floor waiting to be packed.

‘There's no way you're getting out of here this week.’ I say aloud to myself as I look at the clock. I dial Harry who was probably expecting me.

‘Hey baby.’ He says into the phone. ‘Are you about to get on the plane?’

‘No, I'm still at the flat.’ I reply with a sigh, ‘I don't think I can make it Harry.’

‘What do you mean? You have to come. It's all we've been talking about.’

‘I got a 47 percent on my math test today. The teacher suggests I use the time off to study for my makeup test as soon as classes start back.’

‘I'll help you study.’ Harry says into the phone, ‘by the time we get ready to come back to London you'll be ready for the test.’

‘You won't have much time.’ I point out, ‘you have shows and interviews.’

‘We'll make the time.’ Harry fights back. ‘I promise you'll ace the next one.’ I look from my math work in front of me to the suitcase beside me.

‘Okay.’ I give in.

‘Okay.’ Harry repeats, ‘now I'm going to call a cab and ask it to be at your flat in an hour so be ready. Don't forget your camera either.’

‘Alright.’

‘See you soon lib.’

‘See you soon.’ I repeat hanging up the phone and carefully placing both my math work and clothes into the large suitcase. Soon enough an hour had passed and there was a cab outside my flat. We arrive at the airport and I go into my purse to pay him when he stops me.

‘Your boyfriend already paid. Let me help you with your luggage.’ He says getting out the car. I retrieve my belongings and thank him before heading into the airport. About three weeks ago I stood in this very same airport sending Harry on his way. I walk through the airport, alone. Eleanor left to join the boys a few days back since she finished with her exams early. Airport security helps me with my luggage and I’m immediately taken to my seat. For the flight I focus on my math work. ‘Thank you for flying with us.’ A voice calls through the plane. I breathe relieved as I stand up. My first plane ride alone went surprisingly well. I went out into the airport lobby to retrieve my bags. I grab my suitcase and overnight bag as I let my eyes scan the lobby. No sign of Harry. There were so many people scattered throughout the entire building it was hard to see anyone.

‘Libby White!’ a voice calls. Some girl is flagging me down with an iPhone in her hand. ‘Libby! Could I get a picture?’ she wonders already aiming the camera at me.

‘Sure.’ I agree, giving her a quick smile as her arm wraps around my shoulder.

‘Thank you so much.’ She beams before returning with her family. I reposition the overnight bag and my purse on my shoulder still looking for any familiar face.

‘Looks like you need some help…’ a raspy voice says from behind me.

‘No thanks I’m looking for my boy- Harry!’ I say once I turn on the heel of my boot to lay eyes on Harry. I wrap my arms around his waist hugging him as he did the same. ‘I thought you were some creeper!’

‘Sorry. I couldn’t resist.’ He laughs, ‘come on. Paul’s waiting.’ Harry immediately grabs all of my luggage including my purse and leads the way through the crowd, ‘hold on to the back of my shirt.’ He says. I do as I’m told and hold on to Harry as we walk through all the people.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'll be updating more often now :)