Still the One

XXXIX.

‘How was the flight?’ Harry asks as I fasten my seat belt before Paul starts driving. ‘Did everything go okay?’

‘Yes. It went by faster than I expected it to originally.’ I reply looking down at our intertwined hands. Harry's thumb would stroke my hand, drawing small circles.

‘That's good to hear. How have you been?’ he asks curiously. I don't know why Harry's fascinated about my boring little life. He always asks question after question.

‘Well I really do enjoy my internship. I love it so much. I think I would like to be an editor of a magazine, like Jackie.’ I gush with a smile. Harry returns the smile as I continue to ramble on about my daily duties. We arrive at the hotel we would be staying at for the night then we would leave for Tokyo in the afternoon tomorrow. Harry and Paul both get a bag then we hurry inside the building. Fans from outside quickly take pictures of our rushed entrance. ‘Come on. I'll show you where you'll be staying.’ Harry grabs my hand and pulls me towards the lifts. We get inside with Paul and stop on the seventh floor which was quiet. I walk behind Harry and follow him into room 723. ‘Here we are.’ He announces as he and Paul set down my bags.

‘Thank you.’ I say to Paul before he leaves the room closing the door behind himself. ‘It's really pretty.’ I look out the window taking a picture of the amazing view. As I'm looking out the window Harry's long arms snake around my waist. I lean back against him placing my hands over his.

‘I missed you.’ He whispers against my ear sending chills up my spine, ‘I missed your touch.’

‘I missed your smell.’ I retort through a small giggle.

‘I missed your lips.’ he replies placing a kiss on my jawline. I turn his arms meeting his eyes. Our lips press against each other full of need. I lose my hands in Harry's soft curls deepening the passionate kiss.

Knock Knock

Harry pulls back annoyed letting out a small groan, ‘who is it?’

‘It's us.’ Danielle calls from the other side of the door.

‘Where's our Libby?’ Perrie's voice chimes in as well.

‘Go away!’ Harry says holding onto me. ‘I just got her back.’

‘Give us our Libby!’ Eleanor shouts through their laughs.

‘I will be right back.’ I say slipping from his grasp. Harry nods in return and lays down on the bed.

‘Hurry up.’ He says as I walk out of the door. As soon as my feet touched the carpet I was tackled down to the floor.

‘Libby!’ They shout.

‘How are you love?’ Amy hugs me again.

‘We’ve missed our Libby!’ Perrie squeezes into the hug as well. I laugh hugging them all again.

‘I’ve been lovely, thank you.’ I reply as we lean against the wall.

‘You look lovely.’ Danielle compliments, ‘it feels like I haven’t seen you in ages.’

‘We’ve seen each other a couple of days ago.’ I look over to Eleanor who was nodding her head in agreement.

‘Baaaabe.’ Harry’s voice drags through the door. ‘Come back.’

‘A second Harry.’ I call back turning back to the girls. ‘So how’s the tour been going?’

‘Amazing!’ Amy gushes, ‘we’re so happy to have you here again.’

‘Yes we are. Plus, we’re going to Tokyo tomorrow.’ Perrie pipes in. The door behind me opens up and Harry’s tattooed arm is extended in front of me.

‘You said a second.’ He mocks playfully.

‘Well we’ll let you to get reaquinted. See you two later.’ Eleanor says before walking off with the others. Harry pulls me inside of the room closing the door behind us.

‘Happy?’ I raise an eyebrow at him.

‘Yep.’ He says briefly before crashing his lips to mine. Once again I lose myself in Harry’s arms as our lips move against one another in perfect rhythm. By the time I pulled away from Harry I noticed we were on the bed. I kiss Harry once more before sitting up in the bed with him. ‘God I’ve missed you so much.’ Harry holds my hand in his.

‘I’ve missed you too.’ I respond playing with his hand.

‘Are you ready to go site-seeing?’

‘Yes.’ I nod eagerly. I was elated to be yet in another country which was completely different from both America and London.

‘Let’s go.’ He says getting up from the bed grabbing his phone and wallet. I get my purse and camera then follow Harry out of the door. Andy trails along behind us as a precaution. I hold onto Harry's large warm hand as he walks a few steps in front of me. We stop at some of the city's attractions to take pictures. ‘Are you going to put these on your wall as well?’ Harry inquires curiously gesturing to the camera after I took another dozen pictures of the same building.

‘I'll see when they're developed. I want to have the entire wall filled with the places I've been.’ I reply letting the camera fall around my neck.

‘I can't wait to see it.’ Harry grins showing off his dimple. ‘It's going to be great, Lib.’

‘Thank you.’ I smile back at him looking into his captivating eyes.

‘Off to our next destination.’ Harry announces in an annoying tour guide's voice. After our long day of site-seeing Harry and I go back to the hotel room and get into our pajamas. I lay on the bed on my stomach with my bent knees in the air while Harry lays with his long legs extended out as he leans his back against the wooden headboard. ‘Two more shows.’ Harry says aloud during the advert of some movie we were watching.

‘You're going to miss it terribly.’ I look back at him. He stiffs out a small laugh nodding his head.

‘Yeh. I will. On the other hand I'm elated we'll be together more.’ Harry replies.

‘So am I.’ I agree glancing back at the television. I don't remember falling asleep that night or how long Harry and I stayed up, I just remember feeling his slow steady breathing beside me in the middle of the night. The next morning I woke up and took a shower before Harry rolled out of the bed. ‘Good morning.’ I plop beside him raking my fingers through my hair.

‘Good morning.’ He smiles tiredly rubbing his eyes. ‘I'll go shower and we can get some breakfast.’

‘Alright.’ I say as I sit down in front of my suitcase. Half an hour later Harry and I were getting into a car with Andy going out for breakfast. My phone goes off, another message from my brother. He was back at school now and wouldn't be home until winter break. ‘Harry?’

‘Yeh?’

‘I think that when we get back I should talk with my dad.’ I say taking my eyes off of the menu.

Harry's Point of View

I was sifting down for breakfast with Libby when phone buzzes once against the hard wood table. She stares at the screen before tossing her phone into her purse. I watch as her facial expression changes to one I can't read. ‘Harry.’ She calls lightly from across the table.

‘Yeh?’ I say probably too quickly in return.

‘I think when we get back I should talk to my dad.’ she informs me. I nod my head before I say anything.

‘I think that's a good idea baby, if you want to.’ I say supportively. Her small bottom lip turns into a frown. ‘I could go with you?’

‘I don't know.’ she retorts unsure. I wouldn't mind meeting her father unlike the cringe-worthy runin outside of the hospital a few weeks back.

‘How about you invite him for dinner at your flat? That way you'll be in charge of what happens.’ I suggest. She purses her lips into a tight line nodding her head.

‘Will you be there?’

‘For every minute.’ I agree.

‘Okay.’

‘Okay.’ I repeat leaning across the table to kiss her lips. She smiles at me for moment before pulling her phone out of her bag. With a few stabs at the screen she puts it away once again.

‘I sent a message inviting him the night we get back.’ I nod my head as a form of response. I was actually going to sit down with one of Libby's parents for dinner. It's a start. The rest of the day drags along until we were all at the airport getting onto the plane for Tokyo. ‘How long is the flight?’ Libby asks as we get settled into our seats.

‘About ten hours.’ I explain putting our bags in the storage. A small gasp escapes from Libby’s mouth.

‘Ten hours?!’

‘You’ll probably sleep through most of it anyway. It’ll go by before you know it.’

‘That’s nearly half a day.’

‘Relax.’ I laugh kissing her soft hand, ‘it’ll be just fine. You flew from London to Australia all by yourself.’

‘That’s true.’ She says holding onto my hand.

‘This plane’s better.’ I inform her. She curiously stares at me.

‘How so?’

‘Look at this.’ I press the small button on the wall of the seat and watch as a hidden compartment expands out. I stand up pulling Libby with me. Our seats were now turned into a nice size bed for two.

‘Wow.’ She is genuinely impressed by what this plane can do.

‘Cool, right?’ I lay down and she does the same. ‘Andy! Bring me a blanket, will ya?’ I call nicely. Andy soon returns with a thin white sheet and tosses it to me. I lay the blanket over our bodies and hit the button again. We’re now closed in from the rest of the plane.

‘This is so cool!’ Libby beams moving closer to me. I smile at her enthusiasm watching as she looks around completely fascinated with what just happened. I don’t remember falling asleep or who fell asleep first exactly.

‘Harry.’ A voice calls out. I stir into consciousness looking around the plane. It didn’t feel like we were moving anymore, ‘Harry.’ The voice repeats. That voice belongs to Liam.

‘What?’ I mutter taking in the beauty beside me. Libby. She was sound asleep still holding onto my arm.

‘We’re here.’ He announces. I yawn as I hit the button opening our secret compartment.

‘Baby.’ I kiss the temple of her head. ‘We’ve landed.’