Still the One

IV.

'You should've seen the look in his face Libby.' Danielle sighed sitting next to Perrie on Eleanor's sofa while I sat in a chair across from them.

'He was so heartbroken.' They were giving me grief for not going to the show the other night and apparently Harry asked about me. I thought about going last night but it would just cause more speculation.

'But I never told Harry that I would go so yeah.' I didn't bother meeting their eyes.

'He misses you.' Perrie piped in.

'They're coming back from Ghana tomorrow. You should come over to Liam's.' Danielle said. 'Like old times.'

'I hear Niall's bringing some girl named Amy.' Eleanor informed us. 'They've been around with each other, Lou says he just might finally let us meet her.'

'Good for Niall.' I said in a completely non-sarcastic way. I was happy for Niall. When I was with Harry, he and I were probably the closest of friends out of the other guys. He'd help me with anyone problem I'd have with Harry and I'd help him try to meet a genuinely good gal for him. 'But I don't know. Harry and I aren't exactly close with each other. It's just so awkward.'

'We won't force you to go. But you don't even have to speak to him. Just hang out with us.' Perrie offered, 'it could be fun.'

'Maybe, I'll go for a bit. We'll see.' I shrugged simply. For a few moments, non me said anything else. Later that day I returned to my flat, turning on the TV. Luckily for me my favorite gossip show was just coming on. The reporter was talking about Prince William and Princess Kate's private getaway in Jamaica earlier this week. My stomach churned as they emerged into the next segment. A picture of Harry and I leaving lunch with Liam and Danielle. I was sitting in the passenger side of Harry's Range Rover while he concentrated on the road. I sighed heavily burying my face into the sofa cushions people were saying Harry and I were back together. Whether it was true or not that what people would say. I pulled my laptop over to me and decided to look up "Libby White" on twitter. I swallowed as the results came out.

ew harrys back with the slut libby white? #nostandards #sorrynotsorry

libby is back for harrys money. @harry_styles hide your wallet

we ran libby white off once we can do it again. dont worry guys

libby white aka whore

harry was with libby white excuse me while i vomit

"harry and libby" trash doesn't belong in the same sentence with class

libby white pls die already

im not saying shes a good digger but shes libby white

dani, el, and perrie are so much better than libby white

libby white was at little mixs show how did no one egg her?

off to london to find libby white whos in?

harry could do so much better than libby white

libby white did you mean attention seeker

but remember we made libby white cry lol

remember libby white deleted her twitter, facebook, and instagram because she started getting death threats

harry learn from your biggest mistake - libby white

harry was seen picking up libby white on some corner i knew the boy had a thing for prostitutes

libby white's still around? i thought she killed herself lol #oops

libby white actually makes me miss haylor

The list went on and on getting worse and worse. I wiped my now wet cheeks closing the laptop. This is one of the major reasons Harry and I broke up. I couldn't take the hate anymore, it was all too much for me. For the rest of the night I watches old reruns of sex in the city. Around two in the morning I climbed into my bed snuggling with a pig stuffed animal I've had since I was 3.

Harry's Point of View

It was late here in Ghana. The lads and I had been playing with our new friends here all day long and filming for our TV special for Red Nose Day. 'Good night everyone.' I chuckled slightly as a couple of the kids here grabbed onto my legs and arms not wanting us to leave. For a couple of feet I dragged them along with me. 'I promise we will play tomorrow before we go back home, okay?' several of the little girls extended their tiny pinkies out to me, 'I, Harry Styles pinky promise.' They smiled then hurried off. I waved to everyone else as we were taken to our tents for the night. I took off my shirt and leaped into my cot. I pulled out my wallet and inside there was the tiny picture of Libby. The corners of the picture were bent from being tucked into my wallet all this time. I thought back to earlier today when I tried to give her a call but her number had changed. 'Whats that?' Liam inquired curiously suddenly standing behind me. I shrugged and handed him the picture. He stared at it and offered me a supportive smile.

'You miss her that much bro?' He sat on the edge of his coat which was across from mine. I nodded simply placing the picture carefully back into a slot in my wallet. 'How did it go when you gave her a lift?'

'Not good.' I replied, 'she didn't really want me to give her one but let me anyway. She didn't say much until she got out the car, she thanked me, said bye and that was it.'

'Do you think she still cares?'

'I honestly don't know. I mean, I hope so but then she didn't come to the show the other night so that's kind of my answer.' I pursed my lips staring up, the wind shook the top of the tent.

'I talked to Danielle earlier and she said that Libby was thinking about coming over to my place tomorrow when we get back.' he informed me.

'Oh yeah?' I wondered curiously.

'Yeah said they were asking her to tag along. We'll see. I sure do miss seeing little lizabeth around all the time.' Liam smiled rubbing his forearm as he laid down. I cracked a weak small smile. Liam and the other guys would constantly call Libby Lizabeth or by her full name Elizabeth knowing how much it annoyed her they'd do it more. So much to a point she'd chase the lads around twisting their arm behind their backs until they promised not to do it again. As soon as she let go they'd do it again. She won't even look around if someone calls her Elizabeth, she answered only to Libby. I sighed falling hard into my reality. 'Remember that time we four went on a double date to the amusement park and Libby and I ended up stuck on that one ride?' Liam looked at me. At the same time we bursted into a fit of laughter.

'You were probably more worried than her.' We spent a little bit longer talking about the past, future, and everything in between.

~*~

I swallowed my water with several loud gulps, exhausted from playing with the kids of Ghana the next day. We all shared hugs and high fives, and they even had a couple of little letters and small trinkets they made for us. A tear was in my eye as we boarded the van and drove down the gravel road. 'Gonna miss those guys.' Niall spoke aloud. We all nodded our heads in agreement heading to the private plane that was going to take us back home.

Libby's Point of View

The next day rolled around and all the girls were texting me wondering if I was coming to the party tonight. I didn't know if I was going to the party myself yet. If anyone just got one of Harry and I, it would be all over the gossip magazines and shows tomorrow. On the other hand I spent weeks in my house hiding and it made me miserable so I didn't want to go back down that road. I got changed then got into my car driving. Half an hour later I was knocking on the door.

'Libby.'

'Hey dad.' I stood there nervously.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know the tweets are little exaggerative but you get the point