Still the One

XLI.

Harry's Point of View

‘I guess this is it.’ Niall stops in front of an unbelievably large building. I mean obnoxiously large. There are hundreds of people here, no kidding.

‘IDs.’ the security guard grumbles. I scoff fishing out my wallet flashing my ID.

‘Can we go in now?’ I don't wait for an approval instead I walk in anyway.

‘Heard someone say the drinks are on the fourth floor.’ Niall informs me points to people walking up the stairs. God this building is unnecessarily big. Niall and I walk through the people and up steps which took forever because of the drunks nearly falling over with every step.

‘Can I get a shot of Vodka?’ I say when we finally get to the bar. The bartender slides me a tiny shot glass filled with the familiar liquid. Niall and I smack glasses before I tilt my head back drinking it straight. ‘Maybe we'll just run-in to the girls here.’ I shout over the music. This is why I could do without clubs. It's always so obnoxiously loud and overcrowded. If you're going to drink anywhere I highly suggest going to a pub or just staying at home because clubs are annoying as hell.

‘You'll run-in to her faster than you think.’ Niall points at the group of girls running toward the balcony.

‘Should I go over there?’ I start to stand from the stool.

‘If you want her to be completely pissed that you followed her here.’ Niall chuckles turning in his stool.

‘You're right. I'll just watch from here to make sure no one gets out of line with her and that way she never finds out.’ I order another shot and immediately down it. The best thing about clubs is the variety of their drinks. The menu before me was long and wide with dozens of funny sounding drinks on it. After two or three shots I turn back to where Libby was to see a huddle of people. ‘What the?’ I stand once again and slowly move my legs through the people.

‘Just give us the bag.’ Amy I think says. Libby's back was to me as she stood before some guy drunk off his ass holding up some black bag.

Is that Libby's?

See, this is what I meant by drunk assholes.

‘Lib?’ I mutter blinking down at her. She looks so tiny in front of me. Her eyes were tinted with red and she had strands of hair all over.

She still looks beautiful oddly enough.

‘Harry?’ she attempts to turn towards me and stumbles right into my chest, ‘my bag.’ I could tell how smashed she was right now, completely out of it.

‘Hold her for a second.’ I tell Eleanor who didn't seem the lightest bit drunk or she's just holding it better than Libby.

Which doesn't take much.

She nods and grabs a hold of Libby. ‘I think you should give that back.’ I warn stepping toward this guy.

‘And who are you?’ I exhale deeply. I did not feel like getting into a brawl tonight but if this guy was willing to test my patience I guess it was inevitable.

‘Look, you have my girlfriend's bag I'm not going to ask you again to give it back before I take the hard route and take it myself.’ He laughs right in my face nearly falling out, stumbling over his own feet.

‘I don't know who you think you are but I don't take orders fro-’ he starts but I punch him right in his stomach. Just as I expected he falls over with no problem.

‘I warned you.’ I kick the wallet from his hand and snatch the purse from his other. ‘Come near her or any thing of hers again and you'll regret it, because I'll do much worse the next time, got it?’ I turn to Eleanor and the others lifting Libby in the air, ‘I'm taking her back to the hotel.’ I lead the way out of the club and out onto the street. The heels of the girls click and clack against the pavement. Niall and Amy are trailing behind the rest of us as we make it back to the hotel.

‘My hero.’ she giggles snuggling against my chest. I laugh at her slurred rambling as I carry back to the hotel.

‘See you all in the morning.’ I shift Libby over in my arms to unlock the door and push it open with my boot, kicking it closed once were in.

‘Haaarry.’ she whines once I set her down on the bed. ‘Please don't leave me alone.’

‘I'm not leaving you Lib. I'm just looking for a pair of nightclothes for you to put on.’ I assure her before digging through her suitcase for nightclothes. This must be her day clothes suitcase, god why must she be so organized.

I give up.

I pull my shirt over my head and straighten it out. ‘Stand up for me.’ she does as she's told and I pull the shirt over her head before pulling her dress down underneath the long tee shirt. She kicks out of the dress and twirls around in the shirt.

‘How do I look?’ she smirks playfully biting her lip.

‘You look,’ I pause staring at her body. She looked so good in my shirt, ‘so incredible.’ I pull my jeans and socks off before laying down in the bed. Libby crawls on top of me and sits on my stomach. ‘What are you doing?’ she leans down to kiss me, harder than ever before. I could taste the fruity alcohol on her tongue mixed with the mint gum she always chews on.

‘Have you been drinking?’ she wonders pulling back briefly. ‘I can taste beer on you.’

‘I had a bit earlier but I'm not nearly as drunk as you.’

Which was true.

I was still able to form coherent sentences and carry her all the way down the road without the slightest stumble at this point.

‘You are not drunk as I.’ she calls herself correcting me. I bark out a loud laugh placing a hand on her bare thigh. Sure I had several drinks tonight but I was barely buzzed unlike Libby who was out of it.

Lightweight.

‘Harry.’ she breathes against my neck peppering it with kisses. I feel her small hand messing with the waistband of my briefs.

‘Libby, no.’ I sit up lightly moving her off of me. She crawls back onto my lap wrapping her arms around my neck.

‘Come on, you want to too.’ she cocks her head to the side, ‘to too.’ she bursts out into a fit of giggles. Her hand finds it's way back down tugging on my briefs a little harder this time.

‘Baby.’ I sigh heavily, ‘no.’

‘You don't want to do you?’ I could see the devastation on her face.

‘I do. Believe me I do. One day.’ I quickly press my lips to hers stroking her cheek. ‘But not like this. Not when you're like this. I don't want to take advantage of you, you know? I want you to be fully-aware and sure of it, okay?’

‘Gentlemen.’ she scoffs releasing me and crawling off of my lap and laying beside me. I laugh shaking my head as I cover her bare legs with the white sheets.

Drunk Libby was amusing.

A handful, yes. But definitely amusing.

‘Goodnight baby.’ I kiss her forehead turning off the lights.

Libby's Point of View

I roll out of the bed, literally falling onto the floor. I sat up and the room spun faster and faster. Harry's hair sprawled over the pillow. My head was pounding.

Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom.

Or maybe that's my heartbeat. I really haven't got the slightest idea.

‘What time is it?’ I croak to myself grabbing Harry's wrist and looking at his watch.

6:21AM. Great. ‘This is why you don't drink.’ I groan as I use the side of the bed to stand up. I walk into the ladies room and cup the faucet water into my hands drinking it. I look at my reflection, specifically at the large black tee shirt. I didn't remember changing out of my dress which was folded neatly in the chair. I didn't remember a single thing from last night actually.

This is why people call you a lightweight.

I brush my teeth and wash the smeared makeup from my face.

Knock Knock

I tip-toe to the door and unlock it letting inside Perrie, Danielle, and Amy with the guys hovering tiredly in the hall. ‘We've came to say bye.’ Danielle speaks up pulling me in for a hug.

‘I'll see you all whenever we get back.’ I reply moving onto Perrie.

‘Take care of yourself.’ Amy points a finger at me wrapping her arms around me as well.

‘What a night.’ Perrie says with a laugh, ‘see you Harry.’ I turn to see Harry now sitting up in the bed. As he sits in the bed he signals them to come over to him I watch as the girls quickly walk over to him hugging him too.

‘Have a safe flight.’ He calls hoarsely as I begin to close the door. I get a knot in my throat as I walk over to the bed sitting beside Harry, ‘you'll see em soon.’ Harry places a hand on my back, reading my thoughts. I nod in response leaning on his shoulder.

‘Did I wake you last night? I'm sorry.’

‘You didn't wake me,’ Harry pauses to laugh, ‘I um, went to the same club with Niall.’

‘You did? How come?’ I inquire curiously, Harry doesn't respond. ‘Did you miss me?’ I tease poking his bare chest.

‘Yeh.’ He softly admits running his hand up and down my back, ‘good thing I came though, some ass had your purse and wouldn't give it to you.’ I squint my eyes trying to remember anything like that but it was all a blur. ‘you don't remember, do you?’ Harry laughs at me once again. I shake my head in response laying back on the pillow beside him. ‘Well I'll tell you all about it.’