Still the One

XLII.

‘I tried to have my way with you?’ I blink at Harry. Apparently last night I was a little on the cheeky side.

‘That you did.’ He laughs at me touching my leg, ‘you’re quite bold when there’s alcohol in you.’ I feel my cheeks grow warm as Harry goes into detail of exactly what I said to him last night.

‘I'm sorry Harry.’ I hide my face completely embarrassed.

‘Don't be. It was pretty hot.’ he smirks playfully.

‘Tell me more about that guy.’ I quickly change the subject.

‘I don't know he was just some random asshole who was looking for someone to pick with and he picked the wrong one because no one messes with my girl.’

‘Well good thing you were there last night. I shudder from the thought of some drunk guy, ‘he was offering me drink earlier into the night I think but I turned it down. I guess he was upset with me.’

‘Well, I guess he won’t be bothering you anymore.’ Harry grins, ‘your old boyfriend showed him.’

‘Thank you.’ I lean up to kiss his cheek before settling back into the bed.

‘Anytime.’ Harry replies playing with my tangled hair.

~*~

‘Baby.’ I feel Harry's lips against my skin. I don't remember falling asleep but I guess I must've drifted off sometime ago. ‘Let's go get something to eat, okay?’

‘What time is it?’ I ask not opening my eyes.

‘It is 1 in the afternoon.’ Harry says after a short pause, ‘you should eat something.’

‘Alright.’ I say rolling over where my back was facing him.

‘Are you not feeling any better?’ He wonders curiously.

‘I'm just tired.’

‘That is one of the outcomes from hangovers.’ I hear Harry lightly chuckle.

‘I am never drinking again.’ I promise myself, meaning it. ‘It’s not fun.’

‘No Lib, the clubs aren’t fun. Pubs are an all-around good time.’ I hear Harry say with yet another laugh. He obviously found this highly amusing. He quietly waits for me to drag myself to the steaming hot shower. For most of the duration of the shower I stood there letting the hot water fall on my skin. Once I’m finished I put on a pair of leggings, a white V-neck, and my leather jacket. As I’m lacing my converse Harry is flipping through channels on the television. Harry was dressed in faded black jeans, a tight fitting black tee shirt, and his boots. The usual.

‘I’m ready to go, if you are.’ I inform him grabbing both the camera and my purse. He turns off the TV before leading the way out the door.

‘Andy’s going with us today.’ He informs me before knocking on the door down the hall from our room. We always had to have someone on the security team go out with us, I’m surprised no one’s said anything about us going out last night without them.

‘Ah, nice to see you all actually didn’t run out this morning like you did last night.’ Andy says as soon as he opens the door. I spoke too soon.

‘Sorry.’ Harry and I say practically at the same time.

‘Just don’t let it happen again. We need to keep all of you safe which isn’t the easiest tasks when looking after so many people so just let us know what’s going on the next time.’

‘Will do.’ Harry pipes slipping his fingers through mine. ‘You are going to love Tokyo.’ I smile back at him in response as we walk to the lobby.

‘Okay, the van’s right outside. Be quick.’ Andy points to the black SUV outside by the door along with dozens of fans waiting.

‘I’ll take some pictures. So you just get into the car with Andy, yeh?’

‘Okay.’ I nod before speed walking to the van.

‘LIBBY! HEY LIBBY’

I politely nod my head and wave before closing the door. I watch as Harry comes out with Andy right by his side with every step. He takes pictures with handfuls at a time then signs a view things. He is nodding his head as he talks to a fan then points towards my way. I look down at the camera going through the shots I got from Australia waiting for Harry to get inside the car. ‘They wanted to know why you hurried off to the car.’ Harry explains once he’s in beside. ‘I told them it’s just a safety precaution and all that.’

‘They asked about me?’ I couldn’t hold back the surprise in my voice.

‘Yeah, one liked your jacket.’ Harry nods as I feel Andy pull away from the curb.

I do like the boys fans, I do. It's just most of them aren't so fond of me. I've tried to ignore it, be nice in return, but I end up with the same end result.

‘Here we are.’ Harry interrupts my thoughts. He jumps out of the car and extends a hand to me, ‘come on love.’ Andy follows close behind as we wait for a table. ‘So for Christmas, my mum wants you and I to have dinner at their place.’ He informs me.

I hadn't realized how close Christmas actually was. In nearly a month it would be Christmas.

Would I go to my dad's place?

I guess we'll see how this goes once we get back. My dad and I have a pretty good relationship but my mum's been a bit of a bump in it. Which don't get me wrong, I love her too. Her condition is just a bit much to deal with.

‘I’m sorry.’ Harry slightly mutters looking at me, ‘I wasn’t thinking. You don’t have to go if you don’t want to or I could come over so we could do something together.’ He rambles on and on.

‘Harry, its fine. I actually want to go.’ I assure him, ‘it’ll be fun.’

‘I just don’t want you to feel pressured or uncomfortable or anything like that.’

‘I know, its fine. I won’t feel pressured.’

‘Alright, I’m going need your help on what to get everyone.’ He laughs slightly, ‘especially mum and Gemma.’

I wonder how my mum is. If she’s okay. Or if she’s upset with me or my dad or Tanner. Is she lonely in there? Maybe she’s made friends. I sure hope she has. Or at least someone to keep her company.

Before the show Harry and I head out to see more of the city with Andy. I take dozens of Tokyo and its people. ‘There you two are!’ Liam calls when we step into the venue.

‘We were starting to get worried.’ Louis laughs as he kicks a football back and forth with Niall.

‘I took her out to see some sites.’ Harry sits beside Zayn pulling me on his lap. ‘Where’s Eleanor?’

‘She and Lou went out.’ Louis replies kicking the ball past Niall with a chuckle. Niall playfully glares at him before jogging off to go get it.

‘Zayn could you draw Harry and I?’ I point at the doodle pad sitting in his lap.

‘Hah yeh, why not?’ he takes the pencil from behind his ear and begins striking the pad. ‘It’s not really good. It’s just a cartoon.’ Zayn hands me the notepad showing off the finished work half an hour later. I look down at animated versions of a curly-haired boy holding onto a girl.

‘I love it! It’s amazing.’ I smiled ripping it out and handing him his notepad back. ‘Thank you.’

‘Yeh, I like it.’ Harry nods his head leaning over my shoulder to study the picture.

‘Anytime.’ Zayn says El and Lou come through the side door.

‘Libby, you’re back!’ Eleanor walks over hugging me.

‘Boys meet and greet time.’ Paul calls from backstage. I stand from Harry’s lap only to be pulled back.

‘Don’t go.’ He laughs snaking his toned arms around my waist once again. The other guys hurried off while Harry still sat there.

‘Harry, I’m not leaving. You are.’ I laugh wiggling in his grip. ‘The fans are waiting. I’ll just wait in your dressing room for you.’

‘Okay, when I’m done you better be in there.’ He kisses my cheek quickly before releasing me.