Still the One

XLIII.

‘I'm back.’ Harry cheekily grins as he steps through the door of the dressing room. I look up from the fashion blog Tumblr I secretly stalked from time to time. ‘Did ya miss me?’

‘Like crazy.’ I tease leaning over to meet his lips. He slightly laughs as he sits down beside me with his phone in his hand.

‘As you know the album's out in a week.’ Harry looks over at me. I nod my head in response, ‘do you want to hear a song I wrote?’

‘Of course.’ I reply setting my phone down on my thigh. Harry presses a few buttons on his phone before setting it down on the table before us.

My hands, your hands

Tied up like two ships.

Drifting, weightless

Waves try to break it.

I'd do anything to save it.

Why is it so hard to say it?

My heart, your heart

Sit tight like book ends.

Pages between us

Written with no end.

So many words we're not saying.

Don't wanna wait till it's gone.

You make me strong.

I'm sorry if I say I need ya.

I don't care I'm not scared of love.

Cos when I'm not with you I'm weaker.

Is that so wrong, is it so wrong

That you make me strong.

The song ends about three or so minutes later and Harry turns to me for my approval, ‘I love it. You all sound mature. And you wrote that? It's beautiful Harry.’

‘I honestly thought of you while writing the entire thing. I wrote it when we got back together. I realized that I never want to be apart from you again, I'm so weak when I am. You make everything better, me better and stronger.’ Harry explains. I lean up and kiss his lips in response.

‘I don't want to be without you either. Can I hear it again?’ I laugh slightly.

‘Sure. I have to get changed so I'll be back shortly.’ he plays the song again and hands me his phone. I play Strong about five times before Harry's back. I hand him his phone as I go back to the tumblr app.

‘Harry! Show time.’ Paul calls in the dim hallway.

‘Go smash it.’ I kiss his cheek before he stands from the sofa. He pulls me up by my waist and leads me to the hallway.

‘Stand here so I can see your beautiful face every time I look over.’ Harry places his hands on my shoulders positing me to the side of the stage.

‘You got it.’

Harry and I share a quick kiss before he hurries out on the stage with the other guys. Eleanor and Lou soon join me on the side of the stage watching on as well. Throughout the night Harry would glance over as he made his way around various parts of the stage. He would flash me his cheeky smile checking to see if I were still there. ‘What an amazing show.’ I gush as Harry pulls me into his dressing room. He closes the door with his boot and quickly begins to change. He pulls the damp tee shirt from his body revealing his ink, the ink I adored. Harry runs his fingers through his wet hair which was a result from the water fight the lads called themselves having. Harry’s muscles flex with every movement he makes.

‘Enjoy the show?’ he smirks as he catches me eyeing him. I clear my throat looking away from the distraction of what is Harry.

‘Let’s go you two.’ Andy I believe calls from the door.

‘A minute.’ Harry shouts back as he tugs another shirt over his head. ‘Let’s get out of here.’ My hand meets Harry’s again as we hurry out of the venue. We climb into the van with Niall and Liam while the others are in the van behind us.

The ride to the hotel is quiet, but a peaceful quiet. The guys were coming down from their high from that show. I look at the bright city as we pass monstrous buildings. I roll down the window and take pictures before settling beside Harry. Finally we’re outside the hotel where handfuls of fans awaited. Niall and Harry stand on each side of me once I’m out the car. I wave and go into the building slower than usual. The guys take pictures as I walk into the hotel lobby. I wait inside for Harry to finish up greeting the fans.

‘We’ll see you tomorrow.’ Harry says unlocking the door to the room once we were upstairs. I shower and change into a pair of shorts and a loose tee shirt. Harry showers then lays beside me in the bed. I use the hotel’s WIFI to sign into my email through my phone.

Greetings students, we hope you are enjoying your holiday. Come back well rested and prepared for the rest of the semester next week. – Manchester Metropolitan University.

It was sent three days ago. I jump from Harry’s side and down to the floor unzipping my suitcase. I yank out the math textbook and my journal. I take out the failed test and frown once I study all of the red x’s in front of me.

‘Baby?’ Harry looks from the TV. ‘Everything alright?’

‘No!’ it comes out as the pathetic whine, ‘I haven’t studied one bit since I’ve been here Harry. Classes are back in a matter of days.’

‘I’m sorry.’ He sits up in the bed, ‘we’re off tomorrow. I promise that is what we’ll do tomorrow okay? Nothing else. No distractions. Okay?’ I don’t respond as I dig through my bag for a pen. ‘Lib, it’s late. Just come lay down with me.’

‘I will in a minute.’ I say beginning to attempt to work on the many problems I missed. Shortly later I could hear Harry’s small snoring from the bed behind me. Frustrated, I toss my pencil aside running my hands through my hair.

‘Libby.’ Harry’s voice is already thick and raspy with sleep. Before I have a chance to respond Harry crouches down on the floor beside me and closes my book.

‘Harry.’ I try to reopen the book but his palm is pressed against it. He moves the book aside before I feel myself being lifted into the air. ‘Harry, stop.’ Without a word he flicks the light off and carefully lays me into the bed.

‘Goodnight baby.’ Even though I couldn’t see him I knew he was smiling.

‘Goodnight Harry.’ I shake my head as I snuggle against his smooth bare chest. I woke the next morning to an empty bed. I listen for any noise coming from the bathroom, not even the smallest sound. I find the energy to get out of the bed and get dressed. I get dressed in a grey sweatshirt with black jeans and my pair of black booties from Top Shop.

Twenty minutes later Harry walks in with bags of food and drinks. He dressed in a red and black flannel with black jeans ripped at the knee. ‘I brought food.’ Harry announces with a cheeky grin as he places a kiss on my forehead. ‘You look beautiful.’

‘Thank you.’ I smile as he hands me food.

‘Now,’ he claps his hands dramatically, ‘let’s get started on your math.’

Harry was already bending over picking up the books. I watch half-embarrassed as he studies the failed test. He forms his lips into a straight line as he jots down numbers on a clean sheet of paper. Of course Harry being Harry, great at literally everything, he easily solves the problem.

‘How?’ I was poor at hiding my confusion.

‘See you need to multiple these two numbers first.’ He points, ‘then you divide this by that.’

Harry makes it all sound so easy. The numbers and variables flow from his lips easily as he explains step-by-step. I find myself staring at his lips as they move slowly.

‘Lib.’ He looks up at me with a small laugh, ‘focus.’

‘I just don’t understand it.’

Harry leans over on the bed to bring his lips to mine. I smile against the kiss before he pulls away. I frown slightly from the loss of contact.

‘You will. I’ll kiss you with every right answer.’

‘Are you bribing me with kisses Harry?’

‘Yes, yes I am.’ Harry grins, ‘okay so what do I do first?’ His finger is pointing on a new problem on the page.

‘Division?’ I ask curiously.

‘Right. After you divide these two numbers, then what?’

‘Take the first number and multiply it with that answer?’ I wonder pointing down at the page.

‘Not yet. There’s something you need to do first.’

‘Find the difference.’

‘So now you have the numbers in front of you and the problem is set up, tell me your answer.’

I take the pencil and work through the problem, ’47?’

Harry leans across the bed and plants his lips on mine, leaving them there for a moment.

‘You got it.’ he mutters against my lips causing them to tingle. ‘Okay, next one.’