Still the One

XLIV.

‘Somehow my kisses have improved your problem-solving.’ Harry rewards me with another kiss.

‘You just make it so much easier.’ I reply working on the next problem. ‘If only you were my teacher and not that dreadful woman.’

‘You know teachers aren't allowed to kiss their students without causing controversy.’ he teases as he watches over my shoulder, ‘just do how you are now and you'll do amazing.’

We finish up with the problems and are laying in the bed together, ‘the last show's tomorrow.’ I point out.

‘Yeh, we'll see your dad the day after.’ Harry replies.

I feel my stomach drop nearly instantly. Harry and I were going to be having dinner with my dad once we get back home. Harry would be the first person to meet someone in my family besides Tanner in a long time. ‘Yeah.’ I reply plastering a smile on my face. Harry kisses my forehead as I lay down beside him. We end up staying in the room for the rest of the night and ordering room service for dinner.

~*~

‘THANK YOU TOKYO!’ Liam shouts as the music for What Makes You Beautiful dies down. All of the guys were running around the stage covered in pie fillings, silly string, and water.

‘WE LOVE YOU!’ Harry then calls out.

I’m cheering wildly with all of the other fans in the audience.

‘We’ll be back soon!’ Louis waves once again before they all run off the stage. Harry yanks my wrist pulling towards me.

‘No, Harry!’ I laugh squirming from his grasp.

‘Come here.’ He laughs as well pulling me into his messy wet shirt. He squeezes me against his chest before finally letting me go. My shirt is wet and clinging to me already.

‘Harry!’ I playfully swat his arm as he pulls me into the dressing room.

‘Oops.’ he pulls the shirt from over his head.

‘Aren't you just hilarious.’ I tease tugging at my shirt. Harry hands me a black sweatshirt from the inside of his navy blue duffle bag.

‘Here you go.’

‘Thank you.’ I quickly turn my back to Harry as I wiggle out of my top. I pull the sweater over myself which fell mid-thigh.

We hurry to the car and get inside. Andy drives straight to the airport where the entire crew met up. Everyone was going to different places where they would be with their families for the break.

‘See you all later.’ Niall hugs each of the guys.

Niall was one of the first to leave. He was off to Mullingar to spend some time with his family.

‘Have a good flight bro. Ring me tomorrow.’ Harry replies as Niall hurries up the escalator.

‘Time to go.’ Paul hovers over Harry and I. We both nod our heads before heading out to the awaiting small plane with Paul.

I didn't remember falling asleep during the flight but I apparently did if Harry was nudging me saying we we had landed.

I climb out of the car realizing we were outside of Heathrow Airport, which was fairly crowded. Which was not a surprise seeing how it was 6:30 at night. Large security huddle around us escorting us to a small black car. Finally my phone was working again.

Hope you have a safe flight, darling. Do you still want me to come over tonight? - dad.

Of course x - Libby.

‘Are you still coming over to have dinner?’ I look over at Harry.

‘Do you still want me to?’ ‘Yes.’ I reply immediately.

‘Well I’ll be there.’ Harry confirms with a nod of his head.

‘Good.’ I wrap my arms around his torso leaning on his chest.

Harry and Paul drop me off at my flat where I decide to get started on dinner for tonight. It was already after seven o’clock. What’s something quick and easy? Pasta’s fairly simple. I rush the luggage to my room and toss it aside for digging through my cabinets. I found a pack of pasta noodles and a jar of sauce in the lower cabinets. I cut up some of the grilled chicken I had in the freezer before mixing all of the food in a large bowl. It was now nearly eight, which was when my dad was coming over.

Knock Knock

I nervously open the door to see Harry standing there. He was dressed in a simple tight fit white shirt and dark blue jeans with dark boots.

‘Finally! Where were you?’ I wonder scurrying back into the kitchen attempting to toss together a salad.

‘Ran into a bit of traffic,’ he explains following me into the kitchen. His boots made a small clicking sound with every step he took on the hard wood floor. ‘It smells amazing in here.’

‘Thank you.’ I scurry back over to the oven and stir the pasta a bit more. ‘He should be here soon.’ I look down at my baggy pajamas i put on to start my cooking, ‘I still need to go dressed.’

‘Go get ready and I'll get this ready.’ Harry advises with a smile.

‘You're the best.’ I kiss his cheek and hurry into my bedroom to get ready.

Harry's Point of View

I go through Libby's kitchen and find a nice size glass bowl to put this salad into. I pick a sliced grape out of the bowl and pop it into my mouth. Libby always put different things into her salad, which was actually really great. A small thud escapes from her room down the hall. She's probably tearing it up right about now looking for something to wear. I thought her pajamas looked great, really cute in all seriousness but her dad was coming over. Libby's dad was coming over. This would be the first time I've officially met him.

Knock Knock Knock

Speaking of...

I run my hands on my jeans as I walk over to the door. With deep exhalation i open the door. There stood a middle aged man with dark brown hair. His eyes were just like Libby's. We were eye-to-eye so he's not small like her.

‘Hello, I'm Robert.’ He introduces himself cutting into my comparison of him with his daughter.

‘Harry.’ I shake his hand with a nod of my head. I move back far enough to let him inside of the flat. ‘Libby's just finishing up, she should be out soon.’

‘Great. Will you be joining us?’ He wonders curiously.

‘I will, if that's okay with you.’

‘Of course. You must the famous Harry, correct?’

I don't know exactly how much Libby told him about us before or now even.

Has she said anything about me?

‘That would be me.’ I say instead, ‘it's good to finally meet you.’

‘Likewise.’

The room is swept with an awkward silence.

‘You're the lad from One Direction, aren't you?’ Libby's dad pipes up. I nod my head several times glancing around the quiet room.

‘Again, that would be me.’ I stiff out a laugh along with her dad.

‘How did you two meet? At a show?’ he inquires as he takes a seat on the sofa.

‘No, sir.’ I shake my head hiding my grin as I begin to reminisce. ‘A band mate of mine's girlfriend goes to the same uni as Libby.’

I remember it all too easily. I was with Louis and tagged along to pick Eleanor up after class. That was the day my life changed for the better. The same day I met Libby. We were sat in the parking lot waiting when Eleanor walks towards us with a petite girl trailing behind her.

“Who's that?” I remember asking Louis.

“One of El's friends.” he replied getting out the car to greet his girlfriend.

“Harry, this is my friend Libby.” Eleanor immediately introduced us before the girl sat down behind me in the back seat of the car.

“Hello..” Libby quietly spoke in the back.

Her voice was soft and gentle. Literally music to my ears. That one word.

“N-nice to meet you.” my voice on the other hand was shaky and nervous. Good going Styles. I still mentally kick myself for that day.

“Fancy a bite to eat?” Louis turns asking the girls as he's driving.

“Sure.” I hear a combination of their voices ringing through my ears.

We ended up going to some place I would later find out it's the diner that Libby was so infatuated with. She didn't say much during lunch but then again with Eleanor and Louis in their own world I wasn't much help. I remembered how I pulled my phone out at the table and opened it up to a new message.

let's go the park. - Harry.

why? - louis.

I want to get to know her. - Harry.

He shoots me a knowingly look from across the table. I glare at him as he smiles sneakily. Anyway he drove to a small secluded park, “come on El.” he guides her by her hips of the trail. Libby quietly kicked at a small rock walking in front of me. I watched as she unknowingly swished her hips before me.

“So,” I finally break into the silence, “is Libby a full name or a pet name?”

She slows her walking allowing me to catch up with her. “I was born Elizabeth.” she looks up at me. Our eyes meet for a few seconds before she shyly looks away.

“Elizabeth, huh?”

“Libby. I will not answer if you or anyone addresses me as Elizabeth.” she says quickly meeting my eyes again. “Just Libby.”

“Okay then, Just Libby. I will not call you Elizabeth.” she laughs shaking her head at me.

In that moment I found something even better than the sound of her voice. Her adorable laugh.

Libby was definitely refreshing to be around. There was something about her. She was so intriguing. After my brief relationship with the well-known American singer, I was finished with “celebrities” for a long while. Here was this perfectly normal girl right in front of me. Yet nothing about her was normal.

We spent the earlier half of that afternoon getting to know one another before Louis pulls in front of her flat.

“Could I have your number Just Libby?”

“We'll see.” she laughs getting out of the car, “bye. thanks Louis.” with that and a wave she walks into her flat and doesn't come back out.

“Oooooh.” I remember Louis saying as Louis would say. “Strike wouldn't you say babe?” he looks at Eleanor pulling away from the curb.

Here I was in the backseat of the car already missing this girl I had never laid eyes on before today.

“I wouldn't call it a strike just yet,” Eleanor says in returning getting my full attention, “Libby will definitely make him work.”