Still the One

XLV.

And that’s exactly what Libby made me do.

I definitely loved the chase of what was Libby White.

I think I got her number after a week of hanging around Louis and Eleanor. We went for a bite of breakfast, to see a movie, she and Eleanor came to tour rehearsals, and she came to Liam’s flat with Eleanor.

In that week I fell for her, hard.

Also in that very same week, I got her phone number.

I actually remember the first night I texted her. I couldn't wait another second sitting in my quiet flat debating on whether or not to text right away.

Hoping you didn’t slip me a fake number – Harry.

Maybe. – Libby.

Darn. I was really hoping to talk to that beautiful girl named Libby. - Harry.

Well you're in luck then. - Libby.

I fell for her eyes, her smile, her laugh, her style, and her personality. Everything about her had me so captivated. I wanted more and more of her every single day. I waited for nearly three long weeks before asking her out, just the two of us. We had dinner at my place one Saturday night. I remember cooking some kind of casserole for her that night. She loved it, thank God.

“Did you cook this all by yourself?” Libby teased.

“No. I have a chief hiding in the kitchen.” I laughed along with her joke.

I drove her all the way to her flat and walked her all the way to the steps and still hadn’t found the balls to ask her to be with me yet. Man up Styles. It’s just Libby. Beautiful, smart, sweet, cute, perfect-in-every-way Libby.

“Libby, could I ask you something?” I swallow the nervous fear of rejection and throw back my shoulders.

“Anything.” She replied rocking back and forth on those converse of hers.

“We’ve been friends for a good three or four weeks now, right?”

“Who said we were friends?” she laughs with a cheesy smile. “I’d say we’re good friends.” She finally said after while of silence, “why?”

“I want to be more. Go out with me.”

“Go out with you?” she had an expression that I couldn’t quite read, “define go out.”

“I mean I like you a lot and I don’t want to keep doing this. This as in the casual dating. I want you all to myself. I mean I’m yours and you’re mine. You and me, no one else. Boyfriend and girlfriend. So, what do you say?”

“I say, yes.” She smiled once again. I smashed my lips to hers and pressed her up against the front door of her flat.

And everything just went up from there.

I snap out of my trance and realize I’m on the sofa beside her dad, ‘that’s how we met, sir.’

‘What a story.’ He chuckles, resembling his daughter’s.

Speaking of his daughter.

I stand to my feet and walk down the narrow hallway lightly knocking on the door. Libby yanks me inside and closes the door behind her.

‘Do I look alright?’ she wonders looking down at the thin-strapped white dress she had on. Her long hair was straightened and pulled away from her face with a blue headband.

‘You look beautiful.’ I compliment, ‘so come on out.’ Without a protest I pull Libby from her bedroom and into the kitchen, ‘here she is.’ I announce as her dad stands to his feet.

Libby’s Point of View

There stood my dad in his usual fitting jeans and a simple crisp white button-down. His hair was peppered with specks of gray. His long arms extended out and his smile was warm and welcomed as I always remembered. I ran and slid into his arms gripping my own around his waist.

‘Hey love.’ He chuckles squeezing me.

‘Hi daddy.’ I reply remaining close to him.

Harry quietly hovers in the doorway of the kitchen. I lead the way to the table where the two of them sit down. While they sit down I set down a plate before the each of them and fill it with salad. I then make myself a serving and sit down with them.

‘So how are things? How’s uni?’ my dad asks striking up conversation.

‘Uni’s good. Harry here helped me with math.’ I start, ‘besides that all A’s.’

‘That’s my girl.’ Dad smiles crookedly.

‘Tell him about your internship.’ Harry mutters loud enough for me to hear.

‘My professor set me up with an internship with Glamour magazine.’

‘Serious?’

‘Serious.’ I nod my head.

‘Sweetheart, that is incredible!’ dad praises. ‘You have made me so proud.’

With that my heart swells. That’s all I’ve ever wanted. At least one of my parents telling me how proud they are of my work.

‘Thank you, dad.’

During dinner Harry and I share stories of our trip in America. Dad’s been to America a few times before. For work conferences. But that’s when I was a little girl, as in a baby. Before we found out about mum.

‘Is mum going spend the holidays in that place?’ I find the courage to ask.

‘In treatment, yes.’ Dad replies.

I simply nod my head in response eating the pasta.

‘Thank you inviting me sweetie.’ Dad says as he walks over to the door.

‘Thank you for coming, dad. We should do it soon.’

I watch as he smiles widely and his eyes lit up with joy.

‘I’d love that. It was great meeting you Harry.’

‘Great meeting you, sir.’

‘You two have a great night.’ With that he left. I plop down on the sofa beside Harry.

‘Thank you for coming tonight.’ I snuggle against his chest.

‘You’re welcome. I’m happy to have met him.’

I let out a small yawn snuggling even more against Harry.

‘How about you go to sleep?’

‘No.’ I shake my head from left-to-right.

‘Why not?’ he laughs into my skin.

‘You always leave before I go to sleep.’

‘How about I stay the night then?’

‘Sounds lovely.’ I find the energy to stand to my feet and walk to my bedroom. I find a large old shirt and slipped it over my head pulling my dress off in the process. While Harry’s in the toilet I toss my clothes into the closet closing it tight. ‘I’ll get to it tomorrow.’

Harry comes back out in his black briefs and clothes folded in hand. I snake my arms around his torso and hid my face in his smooth skin.

‘Someone has class tomorrow.’ Harry reminds me. I groan against his chest shaking my head from left-to-right. ‘You better get to bed.’

‘Why did you have to remind me?’ I slip from his arms and flop into the bed.

‘I’m sorry.’ He laughs with me and lays down not before turning the light out.

The next morning I roll out of the bed where Harry slept heavily. I showered then got dressed in a pair of jeans, a bright blue blouse, and a black heels. I comb through my already straightened hair and grab all my stuff.

‘I’m leaving now.’ I press my lips to his. I feel his tired lips turn into a gentle smile. ‘See you later.’

‘Good luck on your test.’ He grumbles as I walk out of the bedroom.