Still the One

LII.

Harry’s Point of View

I wake up to see Libby’s watching the Notebook for the hundredth time. I know she’s made me see it at least twenty times. Ryan Gosling has just taken Rachel McAdams to that dark abandoned house. He’s laid down this ratty old blanket from where I don’t know and now they’re watching each other undress. It’s incredibly awkward in the movie and to watch. I could personally say if I was with Libby there’s no way she’s undressing herself, I would take each article of clothing delicately before I rip it from her bod-

‘Good morning.’ Libby smiles up at me cutting off my thoughts.

‘Good morning.’ I murmur taking my eyes off the television.

She’s rambling on during the sex scene, making it slightly more awkward than before but I admit that’s how I imagine Libby to be. She’d ask all kind of questions about what I was thinking in that moment. His pal runs in and tells him how her family is going batshit looking for her. Both of her parents were money-hungry, arrogant, assholes that didn’t like Ryan Gosling because he didn’t have money falling from his pockets, he mentions in this movie how he makes 40 cents an hour. They end up screaming at each other and he leaves.

‘Do you want some breakfast?’ Libby’s morning voice was the cutest thing ever.

‘Sure baby.’ I respond kicking my legs over the bed. Libby crawls her body out of the bed standing in between my legs. She runs her fingers through my hair, which I know it messed up. Our stylist, Lou was still on holiday as were we. I really needed a haircut at this point. ‘What are you doing?’ I wonder looking at the curve of her body in front of me.

‘Do you want me to stop?’ she pauses her movements causing emptiness to wave over me.

‘No, keep going.’ I grab her hands placing them at the top of my head. ‘I love when you do that.’

‘Well, I just love your hair.’ She says in return.

While she occupies herself with my hair, I place to hands on her sides holding her in front of me. In the background I could hear Rachel McAdams’ filthy rich fiancé, she was telling him how she was leaving, needed some time to think before the big wedding. She’s really going to see Ryan Gosling though. Obviously.

‘Could I shower?’

‘Sure, you know where everything is.’ I respond releasing her hips.

‘I won’t be long.’ She says before taking a small bag and a handful of clothes into the toilet room across the hall. While Libby is in the shower I grab a gray sweatshirt and a pair of black jeans sitting down on the bed picking at the tear in the jeans. ‘That hole will just get bigger and bigger.’ A smile plays on her lips as she stands in the doorway. Libby was dressed in a tight pair of jeans and a black sweater. So simple yet beautiful. ‘But you like that look.’

‘I have worse pair.’ I reply with a smirk.

Libby was always getting on me for the holes in the legs of my jeans. She doesn’t see the point of wearing pants at all if they’re ripped as bad as mine are. I think its just ploy to get me naked. She’ll never admit it though.

‘I’m going to shower.’ I say kissing her cheek as I walk past her.

The shower was still hot and steamy from Libby’s shower a few seconds ago. The air was filled with the sweet body wash she uses. I strip and step in the shower turning the water on. Immediately the hot water hits my body traveling down. I stand there taking in the water, which felt amazing. Once I finished Libby was sitting on the bed patiently waiting. I dry my hair off with damp towel in my hands.

‘Ready?’

‘Yes, I am.’ She responds standing to her feet grabbing her purse from beside her. I grab my car keys and wallet following her off the short set steps.

Libby’s Point of View

I climb into Harry’s car and close the door as he locks his apartment up. He slides in beside me and starts the engine; ‘so where are we going to eat?’ he asks backing out the driveway looking over his shoulder.

‘It doesn’t matter. You can pick.’ I reply turning on the radio.

A familiar beats start playing.

‘All I am is a man. I want the world in my hands.’ Harry sings loudly along. ‘I hate the beach. But I stand. In California, with my toes in the sand.’

‘Harry.’ I laugh turning the radio up a little more.

‘Use the sleeves of my sweater. Lets have an adventure. Head in the clouds but my gravity’s centered. Touch my neck and I’ll touch yours.’ He reaches over and runs a hand on my neck.

‘Stop.’ I laugh moving his hand away.

‘You in the little high-waisted shorts.’ His hand grabs my thigh and slightly squeezes it.

I grab his hand in my hand, keeping it there.

‘You are so annoying.’ I pinch the skin on his hand.

‘I try.’

Harry ends up driving to a small café that had tables outside. We ordered coffee and one of their famous sticky buns before heading outside. The snow lightly trickled on the streets of London. I use my steaming cup of coffee to warm my hands while Harry picks off his sticky bun. A girl stops over at table with a quiet smile.

‘Do you want a picture?’ Harry asks curiously.

‘Yes, please.’ She politely replies, ‘how are you?’ she directs her eyes to me.

‘I’m lovely, thank you. Here, I’ll take the picture.’ She hands me the phone before moving in close to Harry. ‘Ready?’

I take the picture before handing her phone back to her.

‘Thank you so much! Enjoy your day!’

‘Thank you!’ Harry and I say in unison.

‘We leave in a few days.’ He reminds me with a smile.

‘I’m excited. I can’t wait to meet your dad.’

‘Believe me, he’s waiting to meet you too.’ Harry laughs finishing what he had left of his sticky bun. ‘Liam and Danielle are going to Buddha tonight.’

‘Oh? I didn’t know they got back yet.’

‘They came back in last night. He texted me this morning and asked if you and I wanted to meet them there.’

‘Do you want to go?’ I wonder curiously taking one last final sip of my drink.

‘If you do.’ Harry shrugs, ‘he won’t quit bugging me though.’

‘I’ll go.’ I agree, ‘it’d be great to see them again. I don’t remember the last time you and I went to Funky Buddha.’

‘I don’t remember the last time I went to Funky Buddha.’ He grins over at me.

After breakfast we take the gifts to everyone’s house. Harry uses his keys to let himself in to leave the gifts on the inside of the house.

‘My trunk is now empty.’ He slams the trunk closed and climbs into the car.

‘A few days late.’ I comment with a smile.

‘You’ve been really mouthing off with me lately. Remind me to pay you back later.’

‘I’m shaking my tube socks.’ I stick my tongue out at him, fastening my seat belt.

‘You will be.’ He warns, with a sneaky smile leaving Niall’s house.

‘When does Niall get back from Ireland?’

‘Any day now, I guess. The wind was interfering with his travel.’ He replies, ‘told him to leave sooner but he couldn’t take himself away from Theo.’

‘I saw the picture he posted on Instagram with their matching shoes. Too cute.’

‘I saw that too.’ He replies nodding his head, ‘Niall’s the happiest uncle.’

‘Do you think you or Gemma will have kids first?’ I ask curiously.

‘Gemma, hands down.’ He nods several times. ‘She’s always talking about it.’

‘She is, isn’t she? I think Gemma will too.’

‘I think you would be the first to have kids out of you and Tanner.’

‘That so?’

‘Yes, you’re just like Gemma. Infatuated with the idea of kids.’

‘True. Will you babysit?’

‘Technically if you’re watching your own kids, it’s not babysitting.’ He says with a small smile keeping his eyes on the road.



A few hours later Harry was helping me out the car in the busy parking lot of Funky Buddha. I tug on the long-sleeved-skin-tight dress which kept rising on my thighs. The line to get into Buddha was not too long, surprisingly.

Harry’s Point of View

I park my car in the parking lot and jump out. Libby does the same but her dress slides up on her thighs once again. She kept tugging on it the entire ride. I lock the car and walk slightly in front of her, shielding her body from others. Especially guys. I feel her small hands wrap around my arm keeping me close to her. Her bright red heels click against the wet pavement.

‘Be careful with those.’ I tease looking down at her feet.

Her shoes were literally a secret weapon. They had razor sharp spikes all over them. One wrong move and she’ll put a hole right through my ankle.

‘Ha ha.’ She playfully rolls her eyes at me as we get in the line. Libby moves from behind me and stands directly in front of me. I wrap my arms around her waist protectively. She comforts me as she leans back into me. I rest my head on top of her hair, which she had straightened down her back. Knowing Libby, she’ll have it up in fifteen minutes. Flashes were going off in every angle, annoying the hell out of me. I am just standing in the line with my girlfriend, how on earth is that so interesting. Libby turns in my arms hiding herself from the flashes. I kiss her forehead running my hands up and down her arms.

‘I know.’ I whisper quietly. ‘I know.’

Finally, we make it to the entrance where we have to flash our IDs before going in. Liam and Danielle were sitting at a free table in the back of the club. Danielle and Libby immediately run to each other, exchanging compliments on their outfits.

‘What do you want to drink?’ I lean down to speak in Libby’s ear.

‘Something sweet.’ She replies, already dancing.

She’ll have her hair up quicker than I expected. Liam and I leave them to it and head over to the bar. I lean against the colorful glass counter, as did Liam.

‘What can I get for you?’ the usual bartender asks.

I’m actually surprised he’s still here.

‘A shot of Vodka and something fruity.’

As he’s making Libby’s drink I down my shot with Liam and set it down on the counter. Liam was bobbing his head to the upbeat tune blaring through the building.

‘Can I get another?’ I ask over the music. ‘Here you go.’ I hand her the small bright orange glass.

‘Smells good.’ She smiles taking a small sip. ‘Mmmm.’ Her smile grows across her face, ‘taste this.’

‘Alright.’ I say taking a small sip from her glass. ‘Pretty good.’

‘Very good.’ She corrects me.

I take my shot and set it down on the nearest table. One more. That is my limit. I have to drive back tonight, so one more and I’m done. I stalk back over to the bar and the guy gives me a knowing smile.

‘Just the shot, please.’ I scoff extending my hand.

‘Right away.’

The liquid slides down my throat with a small sting, but I loved it. I direct my eyes back to Libby to see she was in conversation with none other than the prick Daniel.