Still the One

LIV.

Harry’s Point of View

My cellphone let out its loud upbeat chime, signaling a phone call. Libby moves beside me, but doesn’t wake. I roll out of the bed and snatch the phone from the nightstand before it could assault her slumber.

‘Hello?’ I rub my eyes as I walk out of the bedroom.

‘Harry, what’s going on?’

As I guessed it, it was management.

‘You’re all over tabloids. This does not look good in any way. Fighting in Buddha?! You could have been arrested! You are lucky someone went out there this morning to stop them from pressing charges! You are to not step foot into Funky Buddha ever again. It can be and will be considered trespassing. Is this all perfectly clear to you?!’

‘You know you are yelling in my ears right now.’ I scoff taking the phone from my ear.

‘I’m glad to see you’re taking this seriously. First the incident in Tokyo and now this. You are jeopardizing everything you have worked for, do you know that?’

‘Look. It won’t happen again.’

With that I end the call throwing the phone on to the sofa. Just then, there was a firm knock on the door. This morning just keeps getting better and better, isn’t it? I groan while stomping to the door and swing it open. The first thing I saw were Preston’s large arms stuffed into a black coat. Behind him was the usual black discreet SUV. I knew this would be following the phone call.

‘Good morning.’ He breathes out. I could see his breath hit the cold wind.

‘They sent you to look after me, yeh?’ I move back letting him inside the warm apartment.

Preston doesn’t respond so I know my theory was right. I wonder how long I’ll be on probation. When Louis got ragging drunk in Los Angeles he started this bar brawl and management kept him on their radar for a month. Preston makes himself at home sitting down in the loveseat.

‘I’m here if you’re going somewhere.’

‘Gee,’ I pause walking over to the sofa and retrieving my phone, ‘thanks. I’m going to shower.’

I grab a pair of jeans from the drawer and a white tee shirt with a pair of briefs. Thank God Libby and I would be leaving tomorrow anyway. We would be out in the middle of nowhere with my dad, Gemma, and Connor for the next few weeks. I was absolutely looking forward to it. I turn on the shower then wait for the water to heat up. After brushing my teeth and washing my face I step into the shower. The hot water falls against my skin in the best way. Last night Libby and I had this moment last night that drove me wild. We were getting so close, with each other. Her lips were attacking mine, and I loved it. She was doing this thing with her tongue, completely new and incredible. I practically felt myself getting warm all over. Right when it was getting good she slides off of me and falls asleep? I don’t get it. Well then again Libby’s not an easy girl to get. She’s complex.

‘Oh well.’ I hear myself mutter as I turn the water off.

I get dressed and walk back into the bedroom to see Libby was lying in the bed staring at the ceiling. She hears my movements and directs her eyes to me. A small smile plays on her lips when I meet her gaze. Suddenly this bad morning wasn’t so bad. Not with her smile brightening the entire room.

‘Good morning.’ She says with her sexy morning voice.

‘Good morning baby.’ I reply kissing her forehead then tossing my clothes into the hamper. ‘We’re out of this place tomorrow.’ I announce.

‘I’m excited.’ She nods sitting up in the bed.

Libby rolls out of bed in the smallest pair of shorts and a loose tank top. From here I could see she didn’t have a bra on this morning. Knock it off Styles.

‘Preston’s in here.’ I inform her.

I watch as she wraps her arms across her chest with another nod tugging on her shorts, but they were still short as I don’t know what.

‘Thanks for telling me.’ She digs through one of those suitcases and gets a pair of clothes. ‘So management handed it to you pretty badly didn’t they?’

‘Yep.’ I nod smiling at her amusement.

‘Poor Harry.’ She giggles standing on her tiptoes to kiss me.

‘We’ll get some breakfast after your shower.’ I release her waist from my grip.

‘Okay.’ She scurries down the hall and quickly into the bathroom.

While Libby showers I dig through my closet for the red and black flannel and slip it on before my coat. I sit in the front of the house with Preston turning on the game.

‘We’re going to grab some breakfast. She’s in the shower right now.’

‘I’ll go warm the car up.’ He says after awhile before heading out into the harsh weather.

About five minutes later Libby comes to the front, fully dressed and hair tossed into a ponytail. She grabs her purse from the coffee table and pulls her coat on. I walk to the room and grab my coat from the chair in my bedroom pulling it on.

‘Where’s Preston?’ she wonders curiously.

‘Preston went to go warm the car up for us.’ I reply tapping the pockets of my jeans to make sure my wallet was there. ‘Are you ready now?’

‘Yes.’ She responds, sneaking her arm through mine.

I guide Libby off of the iced steps and across the road to the SUV. I hold her waist as she climbs into the back of it. The heat immediately greets us with its embrace.

‘Hello, Preston.’ Libby waves getting into her seat.

‘Good morning Libby.’ Preston replies pulling away from the curb, ‘where are we headed?’

‘Maybe just to Regency?’ I look over to meet Libby’s eyes.

‘Sounds good to me.’ Libby agrees.

Twenty or so minutes later we arrived at Regency Café and get out of the car. Preston stays a few feet behind us as we walk through the doorway. Regency Café was a small building, but their food was incredible. Libby sits in front of me at the table while Preston was on the right of me.

‘So you two are leaving the city tomorrow, yeh?’ Preston starts up conversation while we’re waiting for our food.

As much as I appreciated Preston and his company but having someone here with you and your girlfriend is annoying as hell. Especially if it’s someone who works for the people you work for. Thank God, I’d have some peace with her for the next few days.

‘That’s the plan. We’ll head out tomorrow morning.’

‘Are you buzzin Libby?’ he asks her.

Of course she was. She’s been looking up the countryside ever since Christmas. She even has her suitcase already packed and waiting by the bedroom door. She went out and bought a new memory card for her camera to bring with her.

‘Yes, I can’t wait to leave the city for a bit. Things are getting pretty busy around here.’ She nods her head, gesturing towards the people peering into the café.

I couldn’t agree with her more. Especially considering what happened last night; I couldn’t wait to get out of the busy city even if it was for a few days. The peace and quiet was going to be comforting. This go around I have her to bring along, making it that much better. Less than twenty-four hours to go.



Libby’s Point of View

The next morning Harry’s alarm sounded throughout the room. Today was the day I was going out of the city with Harry. We were joining Connor and Gemma at Harry’s dads house. He stretches in the bed hitting the alarm with his palm.

‘Good morning.’ I singsong rolling onto him.

‘Good morning.’ He repeats kissing my forehead. ‘You go take a shower then I’ll put the bags in the trunk.’

‘Okay.’ I get out the bed and get the pile of clothes I had folded in the chair. I shower up then get dressed sitting on the bed. Harry takes a quick shower after he’s finished loading the car.

‘Do you have everything?’

‘Yes, I have everything.’ I confirm after looking over the room one more time.

‘Well, we’re out of here then.’ He smiles taking my hand in his and leading me to the car. ‘Gemma and Connor are probably still sleep.’ Harry laughs, ‘or at least Gemma.’

‘Most likely.’ I reply with a small smile.

Harry stops at the station to put gas into the car before we get onto the highway. I hold Harry’s free hand as he drives focusing on the road.

On our way! See you there! – Gemma.

We’ll see you there Gem! – Libby.

Half an hour later we were pulling onto this long circle driveway. From the distance I could see the white house that sat in the middle of the open field. I take a picture with my camera before leaning forward to study my surroundings.

‘This is it.’ Harry smiles from my excitement.

‘It’s so pretty.’ I take another picture before Harry pulls along side the house. There was already a clean white truck in front of the place.

‘Dad’s truck.’ Harry answers cutting the engine. He grabs up all of our bags and begins to walk up the stairs. I follow him up and wait while he lightly knocks on the door with his foot. Literally, seconds later the front door swings open and a man steps out yanking Harry inside. Harry drops the entire luggage and returns the man’s gesture. ‘I missed you too dad.’ He laughs lightly pulling me into the house. ‘This is my girlfriend, Libby.’

‘I’ve heard so much about you.’ He smiles in the warmest way extending his hand out to me.

‘Likewise.’ I take his hand in mine. ‘So nice to finally meet you.’

‘Go on up and get settled while we wait for your sister to get in.’

‘Come on Lib.’ Harry scoops up the bags once again and leads the way up the stairway. In the upstairs hall Harry’s dad had one of Harry’s golden records hanging along with Gemma’s college diploma. The wood flooring creaked underneath my feet as I walked. ‘Here’s the room.’ Harry announces pushing the door open with his shoulder.

The guest bedroom was small, but enough for me. Nothing was in the room except a full size bed, desk, dresser, and lamp with a nightstand. I walk across the room to the large window and look out. Sure enough there was the lake Harry told me about. The water glimmered from the sunrays. The backyard was spacious and gorgeous. Harry’s boot click against the wooden floor before he’s right behind me. I feel his hands press against my waist as he leans his head on my shoulder.

‘This place is amazing.’

‘What to do first.’ He chuckles kissing my cheek.