Still the One

LV.

‘We’re here!’ Gemma’s voice echoes downstairs. The front door closes beneath us.

Harry’s grip grows around my waist, keeping me there. He chuckles lightly against my ear making me tingle. I wiggle but stay in Harry’s tight arms.

‘You are staying right here with me.’ He murmurs into my ear with his raspy voice making him that much more sexy.

Footsteps stomp up the stairs before the door swings open. Gemma rushes in and throws her arms around me.

‘Move, snot.’ Gemma pinches Harry’s arm allowing me to wrap my arms around her. ‘Hello, baby brother.’ Harry wraps an arm around Gemma before pulling me back into him.

‘Hello, took you long enough.’ Harry teases with a grin, ‘I know Connor wasn’t the hold up.’

‘What makes you so sure it was me?’ Gemma folds her arms across her chest.

‘Because I grew up with you. I know for a fact that you take at least five hours to get ready.’ Harry responds leaning his head on my shoulder again.

‘You are a pest.’ Gemma sticks her tongue out before disappearing downstairs.

‘How about you and I go swimming?’ he wonders pressing his lips to my shoulder. ‘What do you say to that?’

‘I think it sounds like fun.’ I nod agreeing.

‘I’ll get changed across the hall.’ Harry grabs a pair of swim shorts from the top of his bag before walking out of the room. I close the door behind him and strip from my clothes. I slip into my swim bottom and yank the top over my head. I hold the straps in one hand and scurry across the hall opening the door Harry disappeared into. He stood there; only in his black swim shorts running a hand through his hair. His black tattoos stuck out against his pale skin like a sore thumb. He pauses his movement, hand still in hair as he looks up at me with his green eyes.

‘Wow.’ He mutters taking a large step, closing in the space between us. His cool hands press against my skin while I hold onto the straps. ‘You look-… sexy.’

‘Could you tie these, please?’

‘Turn around.’ He states quickly tying the straps to the top.

‘Thank you.’ I say once his hands return to my waist.

‘Let’s go get in the water already.’ Harry says as he pulls his white tee shirt over his head.

Harry and I walk downstairs hand in hand both wrapped by thick towels. My sandals clap against the wooden flooring.

‘There you two are.’ Harry’s dad, Des says from the kitchen, ‘going for a dip?’

‘Yeah, we were going to head out there while the sun’s still out.’

‘Aw, come on and eat first.’ Des suggests.

Harry glances down at me and I shrug in response. We sit down at the table with Gemma, Des, and Connor eating some kind of cheesy casserole that Des prepared earlier today. After eating we all ended up on the sofa watching some kind of movie.

‘Okay, we’re going out now. It’s getting dark.’ Harry stands to his feet pulling me up with him. ‘I thought that’d never end.’ Harry chuckles, ‘sorry about that. Dad is quite the talker.’

‘I like him, he’s sweet.’ I smile carefully laying the towel down on a wooden chair outside. Harry lifts me up in the air and walks out to the water with me.

‘It’s kind of cold.’ He warns me slowly letting me drop from his arms.

I land on my feet, cold water immediately covering me. I shivered grabbing on to Harry’s arm.

‘Told you.’ He smirks throwing my arms around his shoulders. ‘I’m going to lower myself, okay?’

‘No.’ I laugh wrapping my legs around his waist.

‘One, two…’

‘Harry.’

‘Three.’

Harry lowers himself into the water in the process, lowers me with him. He holds onto me as he lifts himself back up. The wind blows causing me to shiver again.

‘Why on Earth did you do that?’

‘So we’ll get used to the water.’ He smiles kissing me.

I place my hands on each side of his shoulders supporting myself.

‘I cannot stress enough just how much I love that swimsuit.’ He tugs on the strap before letting it go.

Not too long later Gemma and Connor make their way out into the water to join us. Gemma climbs on Connor’s back as he swims back and forth. I watch with Connor while Harry and Gemma fight each other in the water.

‘Come on, I want to show you something.’ Harry stands from the water and jogs to the towels. He grabs his white shirt and tosses it to me as I come out of the water. I use the towel to dry my arms off before pulling his shirt over me.

Gemma and Connor were too into each other to know we were heading around the side of the house. I hold Harry’s hand as he leads the way on this trail. We were all the way around the other side of the lake.

‘This is where we usually let off the fireworks.’ Harry points. ‘They’ll fall right near the lake.’

‘Your dad was mentioning it earlier. He said he’ll set him tonight.’

‘I can’t wait for you to see it.’



It was pitch black out when everyone made their way to the side of the lake. The night was warm and windy. Des’ lady friend, Camille joined us right before we all walked over. Camille was nice, but fairly quiet. I’m guessing she was just shy. This was the first time she met Gemma and Harry. They were just happy their dad found someone like Anne had. Des and Camille stood each taking turns to set off the fireworks. Camille kept a hand on Des’ back. Gemma and Connor sat on a blanket together point as each firework went off. I feel Harry’s eyes fall on me as I’m watching with admiration.

‘I’ve told you a thousand times not to look at me like that.’ I smile up at him looking back at the fireworks. Moments later I feel his gaze return. ‘What is it?’

‘I love you.’ He whispers quietly.

Did Harry just say that? No, I have to be hearing this wrong. I mean I’ve waited for him so long to come forward and say those three words but I know that’s not what he just said. He couldn’t have. I look back up into his eyes, looker darker than they really are because of the dark knight.

‘I love you, Libby.’ He repeats as if he was reading my mind.

‘I love you, Harry.’ I say grabbing him by the neck to push my lips against his.

He doesn’t hesitate the slightest bit to return the kiss. I feel myself melt against his cool skin. His lips are soft and moist, as usual. I run my hands through his damp curls.

‘Do you, maybe want to go inside?’ he asks nervously once his lips leave mine.

With a slow nod, Harry takes my hand and leads me into the house. I hold his hand firmly as we walk up the wooden steps. I follow Harry into his bedroom where our lips greedily meet once more. With one swift movement he lifts me up into his arms not breaking the passionate kiss for one second. He carries me across the room and gentle lays me down on the bed. My head is supported by several fluffy pillows. I tug on Harry’s thin tee shirt slowly. He pulls back and looks down at me.

‘Are you sure? I mean we don’t hav-…’

I forcefully kiss Harry cutting him off mid-sentence. I pull his shirt from over his hair and grab his arm. Our lips disconnect again, this time I pull back.

‘This is my, you know, first time.’ I whisper looking at the dark ink over his skin, ‘and I’ve know you’ve done this before. I just want it to be perfect. What are you thinking? I just don’t want it to be ba-…’

Harry smashes his lips to mine before looking back into my eyes.

‘Don’t think like that.’ He whispers quietly. ‘Just, tell me if it gets to be too much, okay?’

‘Okay.’ I nod before my lips find Harry’s.

This wasn’t like the other night. This was different. There were no worries or doubts. There was no second-guessing. I knew this is where I wanted to be and exactly who I wanted to be with. I love Harry. I love him so much. I love him with every fiber of my being. With every bone in my body. Why would I even ask myself? I’ve loved him from the start.



Harry’s Point of View

When I wake up I see Libby’s sound asleep curled up against me. My arm was numb from her sleeping on it all night. I lightly yank my arm from under her body before wrapping the other around her. I kiss her forehead first, then her cheeks, then the cute tip of her nose, and finally her pouty lips. Her eyes flutter open with a small smile.

‘What are you doing?’ she wonders curiously.

‘I love you.’ Was all I said.

So that happened. Yesterday I finally told Libby those words and she said them back. Since then I’ve told her I loved her at least fifty times. It was so easy to say when you meant it. I just want to tell her every second of every day. I want to get on the highest building in the world and shout it. I want to rent a plane and spell it out for her.

‘I love you.’ She repeats resting her head on my chest.

I could feel her bare body pressed against mine under the sheets. If I could wake up every morning like this for the rest of my life, I would be okay with it. More than okay actually. Everything in my life is going great right now. For some reason, that made me terrified. Everything seems to be going great right before something comes crashing in with a different agenda.