Still the One

VI.

'Mind if I come in?' Harry stood on my porch with his hands in pockets. I nodded my head in response then moved back letting him inside.

'So, what's up?' I closed the front door and followed him to the sofa. He hesitantly sat down next to me sitting on the edge of the sofa.

'We didn't really finish that conversation awhile ago. I'm not interrupting your studying, am I?' he pointed his finger at the TV.

'Um.' I paused, 'a little break. What conversation?'

'Something was bothering you back there, what was it?'

'You really don't have to worry about me anymore, not like we're together or anything.' I stiffed out an uncomfortable laugh. He sighed not finding an ounce of humor in what I said.

'I haven't stopped caring. Girlfriend or not.' he stated in a deep serious tone. 'So is there something you want to talk about?'

'No.' I answered nearly immediately. He turned on the sofa facing with with his mouth formed in a straight line and his eyes fixed on me. 'Don't look at me like that.' I turned looking away from him.

'I have no idea what you're talking about.' He defended not breaking his gaze.

'Like, that.' I pointed avoiding those wonderful green eyes of his.

'Like I always have?' he raised an eyebrow at me. 'Since the day we met.'

'You're off or are you being a pop star today?'

'Off.' He laughed, 'I'm being Harry today.' A few moments passed while we sat there, 'you're sure everything's okay?'

'Yep.' I nodded my head, lying. 'Really good actually.' Still lying.

'And nothing was gong on earlier today?'

'Not exactly.' I shrugged.

'Spill it. Maybe I could give some advice.'

'Let me see your phone.' I opened my palm in front of him. He handed me his phone and I opened his twitter app. I typed in Libby White then handed it back to him. I studied his expression as it turned from confusion to disgust. 'Thats what's wrong.'

'I'm sorry Lib.' He sighed tossing his phone across the room.

'Not your fault.'

'These are my fans. So it kind of is in a way.'

'They're just really passionate about you guys. I get it.'

'You don't deserve it though. You never did.'

'Yeah, maybe not to you.' I coughed out a laugh. An awkward silence swept through the room but was interrupted by Harry's phone.

'Have to go to the studio for a bit.' He said with a disappointed sigh.

'Okay.' I nodded quickly.

'This conversation isn't over so don't sound so relieved.' I walked him to the door then closed it once he left.

~*~

A couple of days later I was in the shop doing some grocery shopping for the week. I was crossing items off my list when my phone let out a muffled chime from my purse. I raised it to my eyes and noticed it was a text from Harry. I unlocked my phone and the message screen popped up.

libby im off tonight would you maybe want to hang out? - Harry.

I pursed my lips wondering just how to respond. I wanted to hang out with Harry but I didn't want to go back down that road again. Relax, it's not like its a date. I told myself.

Sure - Libby.

come by my flat when you get the chance - Harry.

I put my phone away and continued crossing items off my list. I finished then went home to put away the groceries and change out of my sweats. I put on a pair of high waisted shorts and a plain loose white v-neck with my favorite pair of vans then was on my way to Harry's. I pulled into his curved driveway behind his black range rover locking my car behind me. After ringing the doorbell there was Harry, dressed in a dark gray tank top revealing all off his tattoos. 'Hello.' he moved back letting me inside.

'Hello.' I repeated looking around at his familiar flat. Everything was the same as I remembered it to be. 'Something smells good.'

'Oh yeah. I was making chicken.' Harry admitted nervously, 'I wasn't expecting you anymore.'

'Whys that?'

'Well, a while had passed I guess.' he shrugged.

'Oh.' I glanced around once more, awkwardly.

'Have a seat.' he pointed to the sofa. I sat down in the middle settling into his sofa. 'Are you hungry?'

'I could eat.' I nodded. He grinned before disappearing back into the kitchen.

'Libby!' Harry's voice echoed, 'time to eat.' I stood and walked into the kitchen sitting down at the table. Harry carried the chicken in a pan with a knife in his other hand. I admired his biceps, his left arm was covered with different tattoos. The ship being the largest was the easiest to see next to the heart. I cracked a tiny smile remembering earlier on in our relationship Harry and I laid on the beach. I remember counting each and every one of his tattoos. I'd give him a look when I got to one I couldn't understand and he'd explain the significance of it to me. Most people thought Harry's tattoos were pointless, silly, or as some haters would say ugly but I thought they were perfect. Every single one. He looked up at me curiously probably feeling my eyes on him. 'What?'

'Nothing.' I shook my head in response. He laughed looking back down at the chicken continuing to cut it. He served me up some on a glass plate.

'Wine?' He raised an eyebrow holding a bottle in one hand and two glasses in his other.

'Sure, not too much.' I replied simply moving closer to the table.

'You were always a lightweight.' He poured a tiny amount in the glass and handed it to me. I took a small sip eyeing him as he poured himself more. 'Lets eat.'

'Okay.' I grabbed a fork and stabbed a piece of chicken bringing it to my mouth. Harry looked at me for an opinion. 'This is really good.' He relaxed in his seat with a pleased smile.

'Good.' he retorted beginning to eat as well. After we finished up with dinner I washed the dishes then started gathering my things. 'You know you didn't have to do that.' Harry came back from the back room pointing at the clean stack of now drying dishes.

'I know, I wanted to help you out a little.' I shrugged pulling my jacket on.

'Thanks for stopping by tonight. I had a good time. Maybe we could hang out sometime, just as friends again, if you want.' Harry nervously rambled.

'We'll seel. I'll see you around.'

'Night.' He waved standing on his porch as I made my way to his car. I drove back to my quiet flat and locked the door behind me. I changed for bed tossing my hair up into a messy bun. I cleaned my face then climbed into my awaiting bed.

Harry's Point of View

I pulled my under shirt over my head tossing it into the hamper. I plopped down my bed sinking into the seats. I laid there with the dumbest smile on my face in that moment. I just spent the whole night with Libby. We talked, we laughed, it was great. Well to me. But she was showing off that gorgeous smile of hers so she had to be enjoying herself too. She said we'll see when I asked about hanging out. We'll see is definitely better than a no so I couldn't complain. I was just hoping I could see her again, and soon.