Still the One

LXII.

During the photo shoot Harry passes time by making faces at me to make me laugh behind the camera. The other boys catch onto what he’s doing and laugh along with him.

‘Come on Harry, we really need a serious one.’ The photographer sighs lowering his camera, ‘I know you lads must be restless but work with me here.’

‘I’m sorry, she’s distracting me!’ Harry points his slender finger at me and I gasp.

‘I am not.’ I defend folding my arms around my chest to glare at him.

‘Have you seen her? I just look at her and I lose it.’ Harry grins, his dimply grin running a hand across his smooth chin.

‘I’ll just go to my office until he complies with the photo shoot.’ I sneak out of the door as Harry calls my name.

I sit down at the desk pulling my phone out to check for any messages. I had a missed call from an unfamiliar phone number. I bring the phone to my to listen to the voice message.

Hello, Elizabeth. I’m calling to apologize for my behavior a while back. I’ve gotten phone and visit privileges, if you wanted to bring your boyfriend by for another visit. I know you can’t get another first impression but I’d love to apologize to him, the both of you in person. There’s no pressure or anything. I just want to see you. If you do end up coming, your father has all of the information. I love you Elizabeth.’ With that the voice mail was over.

The sound of Elizabeth made me cringe but my mum’s voice was desperate. I press my palm to my forehead with a low sigh. The door opens and Harry walks in with his bright smile.

‘You looked stressed, what’s the matter?’

‘Mum wants us to visit her.’ I explain standing to my feet to walk over to Harry.

‘Is that what you want?’ he asks placing his hands on my waist kissing my head, ‘do you want to go see her?’

‘I don’t know. I just don’t want another repeat of my mother verbally attacking you.’

‘I will be fine.’ He assures me running his fingers through my hair, ‘if you are interested in going then I wouldn’t mind going with you. You know, emotional support.’

‘Really?’

‘Really.’ Harry confirms kissing my forehead before releasing my hips, ‘we can go whenever you’re off work.’

‘Okay, sounds good.’ I respond looking out at the busy streets of London, ‘I’ll just have to call dad and get all of her information.’

‘You just let me know and I’ll be there.’ He promises leaving small kisses on my neck, ‘now, I have to go but I will see you back at the flat, okay?’

‘Okay.’

Harry hugs me from behind before making his way towards the door to catch up to the others. I hurry out onto the hallway and catch him waiting for the rest of the team by the lift.

‘Everything okay?’ he asks as he pulls me aside from the handful of people.

‘I was just wondering if you ever got in contact with the police department.’

‘Not today.’ He shakes his head, ‘but I’m still trying. Don’t you worry.’

‘Alright, I’ll see you later then.’ I kiss his cheek before returning back to my office.

For the rest of the day I sit in on a conference meeting and write down the transcript for Jackie to review later. I file the rest of the papers and head out of the door to return to Harry’s flat. As I’m walking to the car I realize not one but all of the tires were completely down to the ground. I bend down to examine the tires to see the long slits in them. I pull my phone from my purse and dial Harry up.

‘Hey baby, what’s going on?’

‘Someone slashed all of my tires.’ My voice cracks as I squeeze the bridge of my nose.

‘What? What happened? Are you alright?’ Harry questions and I could already hear the anger in his voice. ‘Hold on, I’m getting into the car right now.’

In the background I hear the front door shut and Harry’s Range Rover start up. I wait on the phone listening to him curse under his breath while he drives to Glamour’s parking lot. The sleek black Range Rover slides into the parking space beside my car and Harry jumps out of the car. He bends down to study the tires before using his phone to call a tow truck. Once he was off of the phone he pushes me into his chest wrapping his toned arms around me.

‘I swear once I find the person who did this I am going to make them pay.’

‘Isn’t it quite obvious that Lana did it?’ I point out pulling away from his black tee shirt, ‘the police aren’t doing enough. I want to talk to them about this.’

‘Let’s just get out of here right now. The tow truck will deliver your car with brand new tires first thing in them morning.’ Harry helps me inside of the Range Rover and closes the door behind me.

‘I’m sorry about dragging you out of the flat.’

‘Don’t worry.’ He grips the steering wheel so hard his knuckles turn a bright white, ‘she isn’t going to get away with this.’

‘I think she is if they cannot find her.’

‘She has to be hiding somewhere. Someone has to know where she’s hiding out. I mean has she been living in her car? I’m going to get some answers and I’m not shitting around any more.’ Harry’s jaw clenches making him that much more attractive. ‘Do you just want to stop at that café you like so much?’ he asks after awhile of silence.

‘Sure.’ I agree looking up from my phone, ‘besides this dreadful moment how has your day been?’

‘Went to the photo shoot. Rehearsed for the tour. Picked you up and that’s about it.’ He shrugs grabbing a hold of my hand, ‘actually looking forward to laying in bed with you for the rest of the night.’

‘You don’t know how good that sounds.’ I reply as Harry pulls off to the side to run into the café.

‘The usual?’

‘Yes.’ I nod before he slides out of the car and hurry across the road.

Hey dad. Could you send me mum’s info so I can visit her again? – Libby.

Harry returns within a few minutes and places the food in the backseat before driving to the flat.

‘I’m going to shower. How about you find a movie?’ I suggest as we walk through the doorway.

‘Or I could join you?’ he smirks over with me sitting down on the sofa, ‘I’m kidding.’ He tilts his head back with a loud laugh. ‘I’ll find a movie.’

‘That’s what I thought.’ I shake my head heading to his room to find something to wear before going to shower.

Harry’s Point of View

I hear the bathroom door close and the shower water turn on before pulling my phone from jeans to make a phone call.

‘Officer Hamilton please.’ I say once the high-pitched woman answers on the other line.

‘This is Officer Hamilton.’ He says a few seconds later.

‘It’s Harry Styles. I’m tired of waiting around for your squad to get up and actually put some effort into this case.’ I begin to feel myself actually fuming.

‘Why the hostility?’

‘My girlfriend’s tires were slashed for one!’ I snap, ‘I bet you anything that it’s that Lana girl you can’t seem to get a hold of. You tell me that she had this creepy amount of pictures in her flat of Libby and that she should walk with caution but you have yet to tell me that she’s in custody. All I’ve been hearing is bullshit.’

‘I can assure you that the force is working with the upmost level of swiftness to ensure Libby White’s safety. It is our top priority and we will continue to work until this matter has been resolved.’ Officer Hamilton attempts to calm me down and it boils my blood even more.

‘Thanks a lot.’ I hang up the phone and toss it on the coffee table, ‘I’m starving.’ I stand to my feet and walk over to the kitchen but come to a stop when I see Libby silently hovering in the hallway.

From the looks of her face she heard the entire conversation.
♠ ♠ ♠
here is a long overdue update. after a long hiatus with this story i am back. hope you enjoy it!