Still the One

VII.

It had been a week since my dinner with Harry. 'I'm pretty sure I aced it.' Eleanor beamed as we walked out of our class together from a long morning of exams.

'I hope I did too.' I readjusted the strap on my bag getting into her car.

'You always say that and practically get every question right.' she started the car driving to one of our favorite restaurants where we were meeting Danielle and Perrie.

'How was France?' I asked Danielle. She was in France for a couple of days for a dance competition.

'It was lovely. I didn't want to leave.' She gushed happily.

'I heard a little something about you.' Perrie pointed a finger at me.

'Oh?' I replied curiously. 'What?'

'Zayn told me that Harry told him that you guys had a little date some nights back.' she giggled. Danielle and Eleanor gasped with wide eyes.

'What?!' Danielle shrieked, 'a date?'

'It wasn't a date.' I murmured. 'We just hung out one night.'

'He cooked dinner for her.' Perrie continued.

'No. He cooked it for himself. He thought I wasn't coming so he cooked himself dinner and offered me some. That's it.'

'Dont be so coy.' Eleanor stated, 'did you have something sweet for dessert?' The girls snickered as I rolled my eyes.

'No.'

'Well are you two going to see each other again?'

'Maybe.'

'That's a yes.' Perrie ate her food as did the rest of us. 'The question is when?'

'I don't know. Whenever he has the chance or something.'

'Dress fit.' Danielle winked. I laughed shaking my head embarrassed.

'Shut up.' I covered my face. Mainly covering my smile from the thought of hanging with Harry again.

'I have an idea!' El clapped, 'there's a show tomorrow night. Come along.'

'I don't know. People talk.'

'So what?' Perrie shrugged her shoulders, 'let them.'

'You guys may not care but I-... Never mind.' my voice broke off mid sentence.

'I thought you were passed this.' Danielle frowned. 'You shouldn't care.'

'I'll go.' I agreed.

~*~

The next day I spent my entire afternoon getting ready for the concert. I was dressed in a black high waisted skirt with a bright pink crop top and my favorite pair of floral doc martens. I got into my car picking up Danielle and we started for the show. Tonight the concert was in a different city so we had to drive awhile before we made it there. At the venue fans were waiting in line for the doors to open. I parked my car along the side and snuck through the back with Danielle. 'Hey Libby.' Niall waved causing Harry to turn around. I noticed he blinked a couple of times as his eyes meet mine. He was dressed in a tight black shirt with black jeans and his brown boots.

'Hi.' I waved back. Harry stood walking over to me with a small grin.

'How are you?' He wondered.

'Good. You?'

'I'm great thanks. I'm actually surprised you're here right now.'

'Yeah I decided to tag along.' I nodded.

'Want to go sit down?' He pointed to his opened dressing room door. As response I walked into his dressing room and sat on the sofa. 'You look amazing by the way.'

'Thanks. Are you ready for the show?'

'Yeah I believe so. I feel like it'll be a good one.'

'Good luck.' I messed with the hem of my skirt awkwardly.

'Thank you.'

'Don't mention it Harry.' I brought my eyes to his noticing how he studied me.

'So how have you been with all that stuff on twitter?'

'I figure I'll only see it if I go looking for it. So I'll just steer clear of it, then I won't actually read what people are saying. Y'know?'

'Yeah I guess.' he retorted rubbing the back of his neck. As he opened his mouth to say something there was a firm knock on the door, 'yeah?'

'Theres someone here for you. A Ruby Stewart.' I heard Harry curse something under his breath standing to his feet. I followed him out the door to see a tall blonde waiting with security.

'Hey Harry, I misplaced the pass you gave me other night.' the girl stated. A small squeak escaped from my lips as Harry gave the guard the confirmation that she was okay. 'Who's this?' she inquired standing by Harry's side. I looked at the two of them dumbfounded, at a loss for words.

'Libby, show's about to start. C'mon love.' Eleanor obliviously pulled me along to the front row amongst all of the fans. Danielle and Perrie hurried into the row and stood next to us. Minutes passed before the guys shot through the bottom of the stage. Harry had put on a black dress shirt on along his same black jeans but ditched his boots with a pair of converse. He looked at me guiltily sort of resembling a puppy who just did something wrong. That Ruby girl was standing on the side of stage moving side to side with the music. Harry's eyes followed my gaze glancing to the side of the stage. My eyes dropped to shows feeling my lip quiver. You cannot be serious. Not here. My vision blurred with the fresh tears. I wiped my eyes quickly focusing on the show only to have more salty tears fall. The other night Harry had a great night, at least I thought it was and now he has some girl here? I was stupid to think I would have a chance with him again. The first time was pure luck to have a guy like Harry even breathe my direction. I wiped my eyes looking at the black eyeliner and mascara smeared on my hands. This is the realization that Harry and I just aren't meant to be together.

'I'm not feeling well. I'm gonna go.' I shouted over the music to Eleanor. She looked at me confused but nodded anyway.

'I'll give Dani a lift.' El patted my back, 'I'll call you later, okay?'

'Okay.' I looked back at Harry once more making my way out of the row. While Zayn was belting out his solo Harry walked to the end of the stage mouthing something to the girls. I walked up all the stairs and out of the building not looking back.

Harry's Point of View

'Thank you!' Liam called into his microphone waving at the audience as the music for What Makes You Beautiful died down. We all hugged then waved to the fans lighting the arena with their screams. Perrie, Eleanor, and Danielle were standing there clapping along with the audience. Libby left an hour ago all of a sudden. From the stage I could see her tear-stained cheeks. I felt like a complete arse when I standing backstage with Libby and Ruby shows up. I forgot all about inviting her to the show then there she was. I hurried off of the stage with the others practically exhausted.

'You were incredible.' speaking of the devil, Ruby touching my arm.

'Thank you.' I nodded not wanting to be rude. All I had on my mind right now was Libby and apologizing to her.

'Want to get out of here?' she batted her eyelashes. 'Maybe go get a drink?'

'Y'know I'm feeling super tired. Another time, perhaps?'

'Oh.' Her mouth was in a straight line, 'sure.'

'Have a nice night, thanks for coming.' I hurried into my dressing room grabbing my stuff. 'Niall!' I called standing in his dressing room, 'I need a ride.'

'Alright.' Niall had already ditched his stage clothes for a pair of baggy sweats and a tshirt. 'Let's go.' I followed him to his Range Rover and we were on our way back to town. I rushed to Libby's steps and tapped the door with my closed fist.

'Libby! It's me.' I called through the door. 'Lib, are you there? Can we talk?' I pleaded continuously.

'We shouldn't be friends Harry or whatever this is.' she said barely audible behind the door. 'It's too hard.'

'What are you talking about?'

'You should just go Harry.'

'Libby.' I started.

'Go.' she begged, 'please go.' I kicked the air hard walking back to Niall's car. I yanked on a fist full of my short hair slamming the door.

'What was that about?'

'I don't want to talk about it.'