Still the One

LXXV.

Harry’s Point of View

I make it to the stadium with Niall and Liam since Libby decided to ride with Louis, Zayn, and Perrie. Fans stood outside of the stadium with their banners for the show tonight waiting to get inside.

‘Hi!’ I call out waving to all of them, ‘You’re all looking so good today.’

The three of us stop to take pictures before security pushes us inside. I immediately rush through the backstage area looking for Libby so I can figure out what the hell is going on.

‘Has anyone seen Libby?’ I ask aloud glancing around at all of the bodies.

‘Harry, sound check.’ Paul claps cutting into my search, ‘Let’s go – it’s almost show time.’

So I follow the others out to the long runway and we do a run through of the show tonight. All of these empty seats would soon be filled with screaming fans. The fact that we were here about to start our worldwide stadium tour was blowing my mind. I take a picture with my phone to get a before shot as we finish up the set.

‘Alright, there are some very dedicated fans waiting to meet you.’ One of the tour promoters says once we were finished with the set. ‘They’ve camped out all week long to win backstage passes for the show tonight.’

‘All week?’ I stiff out an impressed laugh, ‘There’s no way I could’ve done it.’

‘Especially not for five idiots.’ Niall chimes in close behind.

‘Paul, could you find Libby while I’m back here? I really need to talk to her before the show starts.’

‘I’ll go with Preston to look around her.’ He nods in agreement then walks down some narrow hallway.

Backstage there were about a dozen girls with tear stained faces waiting to meet us. We walk into the room to hear several small gasps and shrieks.

‘Hello, I’m Harry.’ I introduce myself hugging all of the girls. ‘I hear you camped out all week so you could meet us.’

‘Yes.’ She breathes out heavily, ‘We’ve stayed outside since last Friday.’

‘What is wrong with you?’ I tease hugging her again as I take the iPhone from her shaking hands. ‘Do you want a picture?’

‘Yes, please.’

‘All right. Let’s do it.’

‘I love you so much.’

‘I love you too. Thank you for being such incredible fans.’

Once we finished talking to all of the winners we were pushed off to go get ready for the show. I was never going to find Libby with all of this going on. I was waiting to hear back from Paul or Preston any minute now with Libby close behind them.

‘Hello Louise.’ I taunt our hairdresser skipping into the small room.

‘Oh, sit down.’ She shakes her head at me putting her phone down.

‘This is the best part of the day. Getting to see you Louise. Isn’t the best part of your day this right here?’

‘Yeh, it’s a real pleasure.’ She simply rolls her eyes at me as she sprays something in my hair, I didn’t know what but then again I never do.

‘Have you seen Libby around?’

‘A bit earlier actually. She was watching the set with Lux and I.’

‘Did she seem, okay?’

‘Nothing out of the ordinary.’ She shrugs finishing up with my hair.

‘Thank you Louise.’ I decide to mess with her once more before finally leaving the room.

I go to the dressing room to my surprise Libby was sitting down on the sofa watching TV. Niall sat next to her silently fumbling around with his guitar as Niall always did before a show. She looks up at me with wet eyes to go with her frown.

‘Can we talk, please?’ I extend my hand out to her and she takes it cautiously.

I pull Libby out into the hallway to an empty storage room closing the door behind me. She leans against the wall chewing her fingernails as she always did when she was anxious.

‘What’s going on Libby?’ I immediately inquire, ‘you’ve been acting distant all day. Did I do something wrong?’

‘Harry, you really should be focusing on the show.’ She retorts with a sigh, ‘I can wait.’

‘I can’t,’ I argue, ‘I’m going half out of my damn mind looking for you trying to figure out why you’re avoiding me.’

‘I’m not avoiding you.’

‘You practically ran out like the hotel was on fire.’

‘The show’s probably about to start.’ She attempts to step aside me and I block her.

‘Forget about the show for a minute Libby,’ I breathe pressing my forehead against hers, ‘Just tell me what’s going on here so I can fix it. Is this about Lana?’

‘No.’

‘Then what’s got you so upset?’

‘I saw the pictures Harry.’

Libby’s Point of View

‘Pictures?’ Harry raises an eyebrow at me in confusion, ‘what pictures?’

‘The pictures of you and the girl you told me you never laid eyes on last night. They’re all over the place.’

‘Where are they? I haven’t seen them.’

‘You were there!’ I move away from him in the tiny space, ‘you don’t need to see them.’

‘Has anyone seen Harry?’ Preston calls from the wide hallway.

I reach for the doorknob and twist it open walking out of the storage room. Harry was on his phone behind me probably searching for the pictures spiraling around on the Internet.

‘Harry, you really need to get changed for the show.’

‘A second.’ He mutters still standing his spot. ‘Do you think I cheated on you?’ Harry questions loudly causing everyone to stop what they were doing and fixate on the two of us.

‘I don’t know what I think anymore Harry. You went out of your way this morning to lie directly in my face about this girl. You said you never laid eyes on her. You said that you only talked to Perrie and me last night.’

‘Ten minutes to show time.’ Paul’s voice echoes off the walls. ‘Harry, get dressed.’

‘Go get ready for the show.’ I whisper to him before walking off to catching up with Lou and Perrie.

I didn’t end up staying for the very first show of the tour. Halfway into the set, I left. Preston drove me back to the hotel and escorted me to my room before heading back to stadium for the boys. I sit across the bed just waiting for Harry to walk through the door slamming it behind him. Within seconds later Harry rushes through the door and to the bed.

‘Okay, show’s over. Now let’s talk.’ He demands with stern eyes.

‘What’s the point?’

‘Don’t you try and pull that “I could care less” card. You’ve been avoiding me all day long and you left the show early. So it obviously matters to you.’

‘I don’t know what to think.’

‘You can’t possibly think I would cheat on you.’

‘I don’t know what time you came into the room and you lied straight to my face about her.’

‘I am so in love with you.’ He crouches down to his knees to kneel in front of me. ‘I am out of my goddamn mind in love with you.’

‘I know you are.’

‘Please, tell me that you believe me on this.’

‘You haven’t told me anything.’

‘I didn’t sleep with her. I was smashed last night so I didn’t even remember seeing her. I didn’t lie to you intentionally.’

‘If you don’t even remember her how are you so sure nothing else happened?’

‘I would bet my life on it.’
♠ ♠ ♠
hope everyone enjoyed the new chapter! be sure to comment, subscribe, and recommend the story for your friends if you'd like.

If I Was Your Boyfriend and Canon will now be updated on Mondays and Fridays.

Still The One and Kiss Me, Kiss Me will be updated on Wednesdays and Sundays.

have a good day and thanks for reading!
new twitter name: @schmidtfthoran!