Still the One

LXXVII.

I ran into Esmeralda about a year ago. A lot has happened in a year’s time. For starter’s, the band finished the Where We Are Tour and were now on a brief break from the On the Road Again Tour. They were currently working on their fifth album. There’s a quote that says something like, ‘some people come into your life while some people leave’ and it never felt more relatable. Liam and Danielle were over, again and this time it was for good. Liam was spending more time with a childhood friend, Sophia Smith. Sophia was nice and we personally got along great. Amy and Niall decided to turn their relationship into a platonic friendship. Niall was single but he wasn’t looking as of right now. Zayn and Perrie were still together; they recently got back from a trip after Zayn’s big news dropped. Zayn decided it was best that he left the band for his happiness and a normal life. All of the boys were taking the news hard as expected but Louis took it the hardest. Speaking of Louis, he and Eleanor were standing yet shaking. Our close-knit group of friends had been through a rough couple of months to say the least. As for Harry and I, we managed to come out of this stronger than ever before, surprisingly. In the back of my mind I feared that Harry and I would be next to catch whatever was circling around. Harry promised that he wouldn’t let us suffer the same fate. So far, so good. I was working toward making my internship at Glamour more permanent while Harry was working passionately on this album with Niall, Liam, and Louis. Bandit was still stalking around the apartment brushing against Harry’s long legs with every chance he gets. As for Esmeralda, she was long gone after Harry threatened her with a lawsuit for defamation of character. The Lana situation was a piece of our past as well. As of today, Harry and I had neither conflicts nor intruders. That’s the way we wanted it.

‘Hey babe,’ Harry grins as he drops his gym bag onto the floor.

‘Good time with Mark, yeah?’ I smile eyeing his sweat-drenched tee shirt.

‘He kicked my ass today,’ he complains walking over for a quick kiss, ‘I am about to take a quick shower before I have to meet up with the fellas for that writing session.’

‘Do you want me to make you something to eat?’

‘That sounds amazing but I’m running late right now. I wouldn’t object to that incredible pasta thing you make for dinner.’

‘I think that could be arranged. What are you going to do for me in exchange?’

‘Follow me into the shower and you’ll see.’

‘I thought you were running late.’

‘There’s always time for that – come here.’



‘I am picking up where I left off after dinner.’ Harry smirks using the fluffy towel to dry his wet body.

‘Don’t go.’ I plead, throwing on my robe after quickly drying off, ‘That was not long enough.’

‘I’m sure you can find some way to preoccupy yourself.’ Harry laughs stuffing his legs into a pair of black jeans.

‘I can think of some ways.’ I pull on the string of my robe in front of Harry taunting him.

‘Don’t you dare.’ He bites his lip as he takes the thin material in his hands, ‘You have to wait for me, alright?’

‘I’ll think about it.’

‘You better.’ He replies throwing a fresh shirt over his head, ‘I’ll be back soon. I love you. Lock the door.’

‘I love you too, write good.’

‘Lock the door.’ He repeats himself with a small smile as he walks out of the apartment.

I do as I’m told and lock the door as I hear Harry make it to his car. I take the liberty of getting one of Harry’s flannels from his drawer and put it on. I throw some pasta in the pot while cutting up the garlic bread.

pick up some wine after rehearsals? – Libby.

wine? now im really excited about this. of course baby. – Harry.

I smile reading Harry’s words before continuing to make dinner. I finally finish and the apartment smelled absolutely amazing if I say so myself. Bandit brushes up against my legs with a gentle purr.

‘Hey B. Are you hungry? Do you want to eat something?’

I crouch down into the bottom cabinet and pour Bandit a fresh dish of food before taking the bread out of the oven. It wasn’t long before Harry unlocks the front door and drops his keys in the glass dish at the door.

‘I’m home, Lib.’

‘In here.’ I beam stirring the pasta one more time.

‘You look so damn good in that shirt.’ He speaks already in the cabinet grabbing two wine glasses, ‘How the hell did I score you?’

‘I ask myself that every day. How did you score me?’

‘Get over here smart-ass and have a drink with me. I got your favorite.’

‘So good.’ I smile taking another sip of wine.

‘Slow down, let’s get some food in your system before you down that wine. You know you’re a lightweight.’

‘Shut up.’ I grin grabbing two plates from the cabinet and fix two plates.

After dinner, Harry and I curl up on the sofa with Bandit watching Annabelle on TV. He wraps an arm around me as I curl into his chest, for comfort.

‘That is one creepy looking doll.’ I shudder the thought staring at the television.

‘I now know what I’m giving you for your birthday this year.’

‘If you dare – I swear I will never speak to you again.’ I laugh swatting his arm, ‘That doll is horrible!’

‘It’s late and someone has work in the morning, time to get some rest.’ Harry speaks once the movie is finally over.

‘How am I supposed to sleep when Annabelle is lurking around nowhere to be found?’

‘I vow to protect you from big bad Annabelle.’ Harry pulls me from the sofa and into the bedroom.

‘Goodnight.’ I murmur in the darkness as I settle into the cool sheets.

‘Sweet dreams.’ Harry replies, his throat laced with sleep.

Harry wraps an arm around my waist as he did every night we were together. It wasn’t long before I was out cold for the night. In the morning my alarm crashes into my slumber, unfortunately. I take a shower, primarily to wake myself up for the morning. I put on a simple slip dress and strappy sandals for the warmer weather today.

‘Have a good day, baby.’ Harry calls hoarsely from the bed, ‘lunch today?’

‘I’d love that. See you later.’ I give him a quick kiss ruffling his smooth hair, ‘I love you.’

‘I love you.’ He repeats as I walk out of the bedroom.

I make it to the Glamour and go into my office getting started on today’s tasks. This afternoon I had a meeting with Jackie about making my position more permanent. I had just a few more courses at uni and I would be graduating next semester so classes wouldn’t be an issue. I was dreading going back in a couple of weeks after holiday break was over.

‘I didn’t see you sneak in.’ Tiffany smiles waddling over me.

That was another thing that happened in the last year. Nearly right after the wedding, Tiffany and Paul were expecting their first child together. She was currently seven months pregnant and it was showing in the best way.

‘I think you were out back.’ I smile in response, ‘you’re absolutely glowing. I am so jealous.’

‘Oh please. You can have the glow if you take the weight with you.’ She jokes sitting down in the seat at my table, ‘I just wanted to invite you to my baby shower which is in three weeks from this Saturday.’

‘I would love that.’ I immediately agree, ‘Just text me the details later.’

‘I will.’

Just then a young boy, in his early twenties hoovers in the doorway. He was dressed in black skinnies with a plain white tee shirt and black lace boots. His dark hair was tousled over his head and the small sign of scruff was painted along his jaw. He flashes his blindingly white teeth with a short nod.

‘Who’s that?’ I quietly mutter taking my eyes off of the stranger.

‘That is Paul’s little brother, Christopher. He’s going to be staying with Paul and I for a little while.’
♠ ♠ ♠
long time, no chapter! after a very long hiatus and me missing this story very much i've decided to resurrect Harry and Libby. I hope that you all will continue to follow this story.

Still the One will be updated Sundays/Wednesdays as of right now. If not, bear with me. Classes are currently dying down so there will be plenty of time for next chapters. Enjoy!