Still the One

VIII.

Harry's Point of View

'Go.' Libby pleaded through her front door. I never heard her speak with so much pain in her soft voice. It felt like someone kicked me in the throat and that lump was unable to come up. The other night after Niall dropped me off at my flat I sat there in my bed not feeling much better than last night. I thought Libby and I would be moving closer but now we're back to not talking, ever. I hurt her and I couldn't get past the fact.

'You've done it this time pal.' I spoke aloud to myself. I pulled my phone out and dialed her up. It went straight to her voice mail unfortunately. 'Hey there Libby. Uh, it's me. Harry. I just wanted to talk about the other night and apologize. Call me or come by maybe if you want. Bye.' I hung up the phone biting down onto my lip.

~*~

Libby's Point of View

I sat on the sofa in sweats with messy hair. I turned my phone on after hours and it immediately started vibrating. I had several missed calls from Harry as well as voice mails.

hey love what happened last night? - Eleanor

answering your phone would be lovely - Danielle

so confused whats going on with you and you-know-who - Perrie

I sighed not in the mood to talk to anyone so I turned my phone back off. I grabbed my keys off the table and drug myself to the car climbing inside. Not too long later I was at my parent's house. Their car was gone, which was good.
I used the key I still had and unlocked the front door. I could hear the faint sounds of the music coming from the living room. Hesitantly I walked slowly into the living room where the music was louder. I grabbed the umbrella from the corner of the room and clutched it tight into my hand. 'Whoa! Libby are you insane!' my younger brother Tanner yanked his headphones out of his ears.

'I'm sorry.' I tossed the umbrella aside, 'I wasn't expecting anyone to be here.'

'I just got home yesterday.' Tanner explained. Tanner was my 14 year old brother who was off at a boarding school during the school term. He wasn't at the boarding school because of bad behavior or anything like that, my dad sent him off to get away from all the stuff with my mom.

'Give me a hug.' I extended my arms out to him. He stood suddenly he was taller than I was. 'Geez you've gotten tall.' I laughed hugging him.

'Nah you're just short.' He sat back down on the sofa.

'How long have they been gone?'

'They left not too long ago.' He responded with a simple shrug.

'How's mom?' I sat on the sofa next to him.

'The same.' He frowned, 'dad said better but I don't know.'

'You've finished with your exams haven't you?'

'Yep. Now I'm here for the next two months.' He didn't bother looking up from his phone.

'Come stay at my place.' I suggested.

'Seriously?' He stared at me in disbelief, 'me stay with you?'

'Do you want to?'

'Yeah that'd be better than waiting for something to happen here.'

'Okay. I'm gonna leave a note for dad and let him know.' I grabbed a piece of paper and a nearby pen. 'Go pack a bag I don't want to run into mom today.'

'Alright.' He jumped off the sofa and hurried back towards the bedrooms.

Dad, Tanner and I are going to do some sibling bonding for a few days and he'll stay at my flat. Sorry I missed you. Talk soon. - Libby.

Tanner returned with a blue duffle bag then followed me to my car. I started the engine and pulled out of the driveway. 'So, are you seeing anyone?' I looked over at him. He looked down then out the window, 'you do, don't you? Who is she?'

'This girl named Faylen. She's my roommates cousin.'

'Ooh. That's nice. Is she cute?'

'Yeah she's cute.' he laughed in return. 'Enough about me. Any lads around?'

'Nope. And I'm not in any particular rush to meet someone either.'

'I liked the last one.' he stated, 'Harry?'

'Harry has his own stuff right now. Lets hear the grades.' I changed the subject and directed it off of Harry until we made it back to my flat. 'You know where the guest room is and all that. Help yourself to whatever. I'm gonna go get into the shower.' During my shower my mind kept flashing back to yesterday. Ruby Stewart was this tall, sexy-legged, slender, gorgeous blonde. I remember her standing so close to him they're arms were touching. My heart fell right onto the floor when the Ruby informed Harry she lost the pass he gave her the other night. It was stomped on by her pointy heels as Harry gave the security the confirmation that she was okay. Also the confirmation that I could never compare to her or get anywhere close. I forcefully turned the water off and stepped out of the shower. I changed into a big tshirt and a pair of shorts then joined Tanner in the living area.

'Dad called.' He informed me looking up from the TV. 'He was just letting us know he saw the note.'

'Okay. What do you want for dinner?'

'I haven't had Chinese in a bit.'

'I could go for Chinese. I'll order it online.' Not too long there was a knock on the door after I placed the order. 'I'll get my wallet out of my purse. Get the door.'

'Alright.' He said sliding over to the door.

'Hey how much is it going to-...' My voice broke off seeing Harry standing there.

'Hey man. I haven't seen you in awhile.' My brother and Harry shook hands.

'Hey pal. How'ya been?'

'Good, thanks.'

'Good.'

'You should join us for some chinese food. Catch up a little.' Tanner urged.

'I could eat.' Harry agreed. He took off his jacket leaving him in a loose fitting white shirt and jeans. I sat at the table watching Harry and Tanner sitting on the sofa watching Taken.

'Heres the money for when it comes.' I handed several bills to Tanner, 'I'll be in my room.' I sat on the bed taking the picture of Harry and I off the nightstand. A single tear dripped right onto Harry's face. I sighed heavily staring at the picture. Knock knock, 'I'll be out in a minute Tanner.' I wiped my eyes as the door opened.

'It's me.' Harry poked his head in the door, 'can we talk?'

'About what?'

'About the other night. About you, and uh me. About us.'

'Sure.' I lifted my shoulders and let them drop. 'You already invited yourself to stay for dinner.'

'I just wanted to talk to you.' he sat across from on the bed. 'I remember that.' He pointed to the picture in my hands. I shyly put the picture away

'What do you want to talk about?'

'That I'm sorry about what happened at the show the other day. I forgot I invited her.'

'But you did. So why should you apologize to me. We're not together, we haven't been for a while. What's the point.'

'You're still important to me and I don't want to hurt you.'

'I think we should just forget about it. I need to move on from you Harry but I can't do that and be around you.'

'It sounds like you're breaking up with me.' he joked sadly.

'Its not a breakup because we're not together.'

'Alright. I get it. I can take hints. I won't bother you any longer. Bye Libby.' he kissed my head before walking towards the door, 'just know I'm always here for you. Always.'